Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:41 pm

I use those Ronstan pulleys on the Infinity - self launching on the sand does tend to clog the bearing housing 'sometimes' - even though i clean them after every session...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 pm

windsuks,
RONSTAN just gave me your shipping confirmation for these pulleys. You should have them by Thursday or Wed.

Poster: nikalaitzian,
I dont trust bearings .... specialy when i go out and throw megaloops...
Malaka send me your address via email and will send you also a set of these pulleys for your to test.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Dimitri,
Don't you dare touching these SS sliders!!! This stuff is simple stupid, maintenance free and it works!

However if you want to change something for the sake of changing - think about the over-sized inflate/deflate valve, it's 2013 behind the window after all. I remember you've played with the idea before and decided to keep the regular valves, but kites with these are pita to pump up in large sizes.

Another question regarding the upcoming products would be the bar. Are you planning to continue developing your own bar or there are chances of future collaboration with Blade? Because - frankly speaking - the new Blade Unibar is very nice and clean!!!

Could you also speak about the V2 of your surfboards? What are the changes?

Thanks!

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:54 pm

I perfectly agree with alexeyga, please don't touch the slider...they are perfect and maintenance free! But put a decent inflate valve on your kites, a Boston type would be great!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Dimitri,
Don't you dare touching these SS sliders!!! This stuff is simple stupid, maintenance free and it works!
However if you want to change something for the sake of changing - think about the over-sized inflate/deflate valve, it's 2013 behind the window after all. I remember you've played with the idea before and decided to keep the regular valves, but kites with these are pita to pump up in large sizes.
Another question regarding the upcoming products would be the bar. Are you planning to continue developing your own bar or there are chances of future collaboration with Blade? Because - frankly speaking - the new Blade Unibar is very nice and clean!!!
Thanks!
Thank you very much alexeyga for your post. Yes these "SS slider pulleys" are great but again I have few customers that want to see the "RONSTAN pulleys" instead of what we have now because they think they are better.
Now concerning the INFLATE/DEFLATE valves on the EPIC kites. Just want to let you know that I have been testing some of the new INFLATE/DEFLATE twist on valves on all the 4G prototype kites. But again a lot of people do love the old fashion ones and this is the reason why a lot of companies still use the same old INFLATE & DEFLATE valves on their kites because they are maintenance free and don't give problems.
But once again all your inputs are greatly appreciated and everything is taking into consideration. Thank you for taking the time.
This is why this company is MADE BY THE RIDERS FOR THE RIDERS. Because we care.

P.S. Testing the 4G prototype kites here in Anguilla.
Attachments
7J2U3914.jpg
7J2U4278.jpg
Dimitri testing INFLATE & DEFLATE valve.jpg

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 am

I'd prefer to keep the sliders too. No matter how good the pulley is they're just not made to operate with sand and grit, so they'll eventually bind up and wear your bridles worse than a slider will. Then your up for new pulleys and bridles. Worn bridles are easy to identify and simple to change & the sliders will last forever. Just my opinion.

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 am

Getting warm in south of france! :D
vlcsnap-2013-03-04-15h57m26s67.jpg

ktm670
Rare Poster

Postby ktm670 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 am

I Dimitri.

The only reason I resit to buy Renagade kites are the valve! I Own a Core XR2 19M and it is a lot faster and easier then the Infinity to pump. My best friend had 2 2012 Renagade and both Kid's beach ball style valve was defective on is Renagades. He trade them because of the valve. I ride them both and love it (7M and 11M) but the valve have problems: ball lost in blader, valve unstick on our vacation in a resort and the deflate valve open in deep sea when my friend drop the kite after a jump and they came very hard on winter time in Canada. I Hate Cabrinha bar pressure but we don't have a lot of time to go kiting so when we do, we love to spend our time on water! If you don't want to change the valve type, maybe you should think of a special order optional valve to Cabrinha/Core type. If you do it, my next Kite will be 3 Renagade! (7M ,11M and 13,5M) if not, the will be Core kite XR3.

Tanks to bring the kite business further!
Dimitri M wrote:
Dimitri,
Thanks!
Thank you very much alexeyga for your post. Yes these "SS slider pulleys" are great but again I have few customers that want to see the "RONSTAN pulleys" instead of what we have now because they think they are better.
Now concerning the INFLATE/DEFLATE valves on the EPIC kites. Just want to let you know that I have been testing some of the new INFLATE/DEFLATE twist on valves on all the 4G prototype kites. But again a lot of people do love the old fashion ones and this is the reason why a lot of companies still use the same old INFLATE & DEFLATE valves on their kites because they are maintenance free and don't give problems.
But once again all your inputs are greatly appreciated and everything is taking into consideration. Thank you for taking the time.
This is why this company is MADE BY THE RIDERS FOR THE RIDERS. Because we care.

P.S. Testing the 4G prototype kites here in Anguilla.

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn

Postby Kite2Heaven » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 am

Ktm has a good point and also - and if you do use the screw valve, a few extra 'O' ring seals would be a nice idea in the bag for hot / cold weather perhaps..

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Like Dimitri likes to say - "But then again" - I have never had any issues with the "classic" valves besides the little check-valve ball falling out (rather falling INTO the bladder) and being afraid to rip it apart while opening in cold weather. And in my experience (which includes observing riders around me) they are the most reliable and trouble free.

Actually in 1.5 seasons that I owned Ozones with big valve, I had more troubles with these (like 3 times) than with "classic" valves during 5 seasons before that. Can't comment on after-2013 Cabrinha and Core, but Ozone and LF style valves (LF being the worst in my observations - 3 of my buddies ride LF and all of them experience it just about every 2nd session) do suffer from the "dust spec syndrome" and deflate slowly if there's any sand or dust stuck in the seal. Which could be annoying, but by no means is a deal-breaker. Over-sized valves are the future - just a matter of choosing the right model.

-Cab and Core seem to have done their homework
-Ozone's although is pretty solid and reliable is a bit over-cooked, heavy for the purpose and the hose tends to fall out when pumping unless you really stick it in
-LF's is a total miss

Return to “Kitesurfing”