Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:31 pm

[quote="Oldnplainspoken"]
I live through others because i don't kite that much (that is why i post so many of their photos) [quote]

:wink:
Last edited by SupaEZ on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby BigPaul » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Supa stop being rude.

those photo's really are awesome. the best one big the dog

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Who is ready to go kiting and have fun because I know we are :thumb:

P.S. SupaEZ, if you have any questions or problems related to EPIC kites you can always email me at: dimitri@epickites.com in case you forgot my email or get in touch with any of our EPIC dealers we have world wide.
Attachments
Dimitri and son Cameron.jpg
DSC_0512.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg
DSC_0053.jpg

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Last winter! It was freezing but look at the colors :P

Around 15 knots with my 12m Screamer

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi!
Let me tell you about my experience with Epic kites this past month. I recently had the chance to ride three different Epic kites down in Cape Hatteras 3 weeks ago. I met with Dimitri in nags head and we spent the afternoon with the following three kites. I am use to other brands of kites so I was very excited to be able to try the Epic kites for the first time! Here is my short review. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Here are the three kites and board that I used while on vacation for 2 weeks.
Epic Renegade 9m - with 3G bar
Epic Screamer 12m - with 3G bar
Epic Screamer 14m - with 4G bar
Epic Droid board - 134 X 41
Here is my review of the gear. Because this is probably relevant to a lot of people, I am 6’3” and weigh 190 lbs. I am an advanced rider but far from being an expert. I like having lots of power in my kites and
Epic Renegade 9m - with 3G bar
Wind conditions tested in: Gusty 20-35 knots
Turning: This kite is so stable. Even in the gusty conditions, it was easy to absorb the extra power. The depower was great and riding the swells was awesome! It has good turning ability for it’s shape when you pull very hard on the bar. It took some time to adjust to to be honest. Pretty solid for intermidiate riders being able to relaunch without a problem, so a perfect kite for staying up wing and crashing lots while sending it.
Power: Steady with lots of depower. Was great in gusty conditions and jumping was definitely possible even with it’s slower turning speed.
3G Bar: Good feel, not too spongy. Large depower straps for easy access. Ability to lock the bar at a certain position on the center line is great!
Epic Screamer 12m - with 3G bar
Wind conditions tested in: 18-22 knots
Turning: Fast! This kite really kicked a** in these conditions. I rode this kite for 2.5 hours into the sunset and the only reason why I stopped was because it was getting dark and I was hungry!
Power: Good power. You can get a lot more power out of this kite since it flies fast.
Epic Screamer 14m - with 4G bar
Wind conditions tested in: 16-18 knots
Turning: Good speed for it’s size. Liked the fact that it relaunched easily.
Power: Dimitri let me try this kite when the wind was about 15-18 knots. My 12m was not enough to have some serious fun. I attempted a few jumps and got a little surprised on my first one. I got lifted to the moon! Definitely something to have in your quiver where I am from...
4G Bar: Lots of improvements over the 3G bar. The chicken loop has changed. Landing the kite solo is now much easier than before. You can now flag the kite by releasing the chicken loop. With the kite in the flagged position you no longer have any power. You can also relaunch the kite while it is flagged by pulling the leach line until you grab the bar.
I definitely think this bar has all the features that a well rounded rider would want. Safety was definitely taken in consideration when designing this bar. Good work Epic!
Epic Droid board - 134 X 41
Upwind: Has good stiff sidewalls to really cut a line upwind. This is one of my shortest boards that I have and I was nervous getting it cause I thought it would be too short to allow me to plane easily up wind. I was mistaken! The width allows you to plane earlier than narrow boards without making it feel like you are riding a door. :)
Pop and jumping: Great pop. Works great in the chop as the profile of the tips help cut through the waves. Landings were quite easy and the flex of the board saved me a few times when coming down off balanced.
Straps: Worked great. Easy to get in and out of. I have size 11 feet and it worked great for me. With the wider board, my heels were not being dragged in the water like most other straps/board combinations do.
My overall experience so far with Epic kites has been great. The quality and time spent into designing and building these kites shines through when it counts; on the water. I definitely will recommend to my friends to buy an Epic Kite in the future. Now the only problem is that I have 2 other kites from another brand to sell... :bye:
Good wind,
So from reading your post stephk it looks like you are selling your other kites. :cry:
This is the reason why we have this "WARNING" on all our ads: "Warning: Do not buy another kite until you experience an Epic kite". That is because we know the results once you demo one of the EPIC product.

P.S. EPIC 4G kites coming out soon.
Attachments
EPIC ad 2013.jpg

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

sweet... love the new graphics. Looks pretty sick. And the QR code....nice touch.
bring on the 4G!!!

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Dimitri

Is there a typo on the poster or have you decided to carry the 5m and 7m Renegades instead of the 6.5m?

Pete

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi Dimitri
Is there a typo on the poster or have you decided to carry the 5m and 7m Renegades instead of the 6.5m?
Pete
Nice one Pete. Thank you :thumb:
Yes there is a typo on the poster above. The numbers for the RENEGADE (4G) kites should say:
RENEGADE 6.5 / 9 / 11. The RENEGADE will come in 6.5 / 9 /11 /13 / Infinity v3

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:19 pm

"Oldnunbespoken" :wink:

Post some "kiting" photos or videos of you:

You holding am Epic board....flying an Epic kite...kiting with D....standing side by side with D.

.....................................:thanx: :surf: :sun: ..............................................................................

Got to see if your are qualified enough to appoint yourself as the Epic :stop: police :roll:
Last edited by SupaEZ on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Supa please drop it for sake of everyone! :nono:
Get a life man!

Return to “Kitesurfing”