Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Motion » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:53 am

alexeyga wrote:
_DSF6645.jpg
_DSF6650.jpg
_DSF6651.jpg
Already had to re-glue a piece of the foam in place:
_DSF6652.jpg
And all that because of the release handle's flange that is too sharp and/or the grip material being absolutely inadequate.
_DSF6655.jpg

that doesn't look bad. Siriously ppl there is going to be some wear and tear if you use the gear (and that, on pictures above si not abnormal in my experience).

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:48 am

Yes Minotauro kites. He is a customer of ours.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Kiting (to me at least) is all about having FUN, enjoying and sharing the stoke, not spending excessive amounts of time bitching on forums.
If someone is not happy with an item of kit, move on...simple!

Life is short...enjoy every moment, there are far more important issues in this world.

Enough said already....I'm off to kite (or surf or mtb or anything but bitch) :bye2:

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Dimitri M wrote: With all due respect Mr.alexeyga but this is were I draw the lines. I have nothing to hide. What you see is what you get. This is the reason why I have not release the new 4G Chicken Loop because I was not 110% happy until now.
If I am happy about a product and beleive in it I will release it. Everything has to go through me before it goes to the public. So please get your story straight before you start talking about what ever happened with Eclipse.
Concerning the bar you have... I don't see any problems. This looks like you have been kiting instead of seating behind a computer, good for you.
Concerning the customer service you can always email me or my wife Helen directly. I am sure you have all these infos.
Dude, my post wasn't about Eclipse, the bar or the 4G chicken loop. It was about the fact that when your customers and dealers tell you "Dimitri, look - we have an issue here!", you're blowing everybody off with your "Epic support" instead of admitting that there's actually a problem and handling it like a responsible and mature adult.

Best example being the dreaded trimmer. The story has started with:
Dimitri M wrote:Hello alexeyga and thank you for your post and inputs concerning the "Depower Stap" we use on our EPIC XTEND BARS. But you have to understand that we sold thousands of these bars since 2010 and so far maybe we had to replace +- 25 of these "Depower Straps". I actually personally had one of mine go bad also 8 months ago and I do test my bars until the end.
I also have few prototypes with the Clamp-cleat trimmer and it's not as easy to trim as the one we have now.
Maybe another solution will be to replace the plastic part that has the teeth on it with a new Stainless Still one. But this will require a new mold and more money to invest.
Then it went to:
Dimitri M wrote:Sorry Mr.alexeyga it took me so long to respond to your previous post. I was out in the water testing the new bar and the new 4G kites.
I totally understand your frustration, but again it's so hard to please every one. We sold 2063 (2010) bars and had at least 37 bars with the ends splitting. But once again, we took care of all our customers and send them new ends to replace the ones that broke.
For the 2011 & 3G bars we sold 5012 bars and never had any problems except (5) bars broke in the middle and one of these was mine. We had at least (30) depower strap go bad on customers, few "U" piece plastic clips & loops break on another company CL we were using. And as always, we did send them new ones so they can replace them. So as you can see, the percentage of breaking things on the bars is very low. But again you also have the effect of the wear and tear that comes to play.
Then it went to:
Dimitri M wrote: That is because we listen to our customers and take their inputs very seriously. But again you can't make every body happy and that is the reason why you have so many kite companies out there to choose from. Again from all the bars we've sold, we probably had less then 3% of these DEPOWER STRAPS going bad, but its always good to have an open mind and try new things in our product line. This is the reason why I posted this picture of the new metal buckle.
Now concerning the lines... All our kites are set up to fly perfectly out of the bag. Every shipment we get, I take at least 8 to 15 kites out for my demos and personal use and 98% of the time they are perfectly trimmed. You have to understand I cannot open and fly every kite we get in order to make sure the lines or knots are perfectly set up because then it won't be a new kite. We get thousands of kites and we cannot open each one of them and try to fly them.
And like somebody was very kind to point out:
SupaEZ wrote:
You wrote earlier :
2010 bars sold : 2063
2011 & G3 bars sold : 5012
Total : 7075

1%....70
2%...141
2.5%...176
3% = 212
And then it went to:
Dimitri M wrote:Dear Mr.alexeyga,
As you probably know we always listen to our customers and try to come up with different ideas and suggestions that we get from kiters all around the world. I think you were the one complaining of the DEPOWER STRAP not grabbing the strap after a while because of the teeth wearing down from using the strap a lot for powering & depowering it. So after lots of emails back and forth with the factory, I was able to find a metal one. Will be using these on our last prototypes Bars. Hope that makes you happy since I never had problems with the old plastic buckle.
Metal Buckle test depower srtap.jpg
So Huston - why don't you start by getting your-own story straight? Is it 25? Or is it 30+? Or is it 200+? Or is it just because I was the only one complaining? Do you have a problem after all?

Thank you, for the Epic support!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:28 pm

This is an email I just got today. It's about the INFINITY V2 light wind kite they tested for one of the magazines.
The funny thing is that they have not even tested the INFINITY V3 yet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Kiteusrf email.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:35 pm

alexeyga wrote: And like somebody was very kind to point out
You are :welcome: what do you think about this bar... no depower strap :wink: ...no cleat :wink:

http://vimeo.com/35562308

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:39 pm

alexeyga wrote:Dude, my post wasn't about Eclipse, the bar or the 4G chicken loop.
It was about the fact that when your customers tell you "Dimitri, look - we have an issue here!", you're blowing everybody off .
Best example being the dreaded trimmer.
......getting your story straight. Is it 25? Or is it 30+? Or is it 200+?
Or is it just because I was the only one complaining
Dude, your post was about Eclipse, and the foam on your bar..which looks fine, as some said in reply to your pics.
So the question of it being "an issue" is subjective.
Bringing up Eclipse is just sh itty, and suggesting Dimitri would do well to go run a sex massage parlor is a pretty strong insult, and not something that should come from a responsible mature adult....and it deserves an apology.
If you don't like soft EVA foam covered kite bars..then just say that.
If you want a hard bar, I know Slingshot and Switch offer them.
Dimitri is correct, you can't make everyone happy all the time, some people are very difficult and do not represent the majority.
There will always be people who beat their gear and expect it to be replaced, and there will always be people who expect their gear to stay perfect and get upset when it shows any sign of wear.
Blowing everybody off?... who everybody?
I know for sure Dimitri gets lots of feedback from dealers, customers and test riders, as well as this forum and Facebook, and lots of that feedback is considered for each design cycle.

Dreaded trimmer??
Having 25-30 trim strap buckles wear out does not equate to a problem, it equates to less than one half of a percent (of the 7075 bars) that got used to the point of slippage.
All kite companies have parts that wear out, when they do, you buy a replacement part...pretty normal stuff.

As for the S10 LTD kite, you said your struts are intact, my S10 was (and is still) fine, the lack of negative feedback from the many that own one would indicate they are also fine, so it is only logical to assume something strange is going on with the guy who shredded one and is beating another one to pieces.
As you said, the Epics are some nice flying kites.
How you come to the conclusion that there is something wrong when your S10 is fine is a bit confusing, you base this conclusion on the feedback of one person who you have never seen kite?
There are kites with smaller struts than the S10, as an example the Catalyst from the last several years. The struts on the new Fat Lady are tiny for it's size.
There are also definitely kites with smaller LE's than the S10.
The 3G S10 LTD kite was a softer airframe with a smaller LE, smaller strut diameters and more C shaped canopy than previous years, and those are a few of the reasons it was a much more forgiving kite than the 2010 & 2011 models.
The next protos are more rigid in the airframe, and there are pluses and minuses to those changes for the next version, as always.
What I know about the new one is that it's as forgiving as the 3G, has better hangtime and not brutal like the first two years....which is progress.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Getting ready for another amazing EPIC year. :thumb:
Attachments
Dimitri with the 4G products.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 pm

#4kn4kn :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 pm

All these interested in finding out what's the honest and straight customer service - without self-pimping and blowing off your clients/dealers with lies - is all about, check out the Blade's responce in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2380704

Fascinating isn't it? :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”