Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby alexeyga » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Oldnbroken wrote: Meanwhile, if you really wanted a solution, you would do something different than what you are doing, get your part and go kiting.
Thanks for the suggestion, i'm already kiting with the other brand's bar on which the trimmer isn't FAILING after every 12-15 outings.

How about this - show me another brand's bar where the trimmer needs to be replaced every dozen outings from wear and I'll stop beating the dead horse?

aleks
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf

Postby aleks » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 pm

alexeyga wrote:
Dimitri, if you're noticing people dumping your brand, you can be sure that it is not because you make bad kites, but because of how you deal with real issues and how you treat your existing customers.

You've been asked a simple question and you can't even give a simple and straight answer - I don't really see what else is there to talk about.

Good luck!
Hi alexeyga, you are not alone on this one. Myself and many people I know are revolted by stunts Dimitri pulls, especially his deceitful video of Infinity V3 vs Cabrinha. I wasn't going to post anything negative, but him calling you immature just put me over the edge.

I used to have 2 Screamers, 12m and 10m 3g. I didn't want to be associated with company whose owner personally insults his customers, so I sold them both. Screamers are OK kites, but there are much better kites out there. I went with 2013 Blade Triggers - same designer, similar behavior, but better in several crucial areas (sorry no time for a full review). Give it a try, you have a Blade dealer in QC.

BTW, I tried to sell Screamers on this forum - I got ZERO replies. I guess people here are catching up on the trend.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:08 pm

How about this - show me another brand's bar where the trimmer needs to be replaced every dozen outings from wear and I'll stop beating the dead horse?
Here you go alexeyga as you requested.
Attachments
IMG_1830.jpg
IMG_1958.jpg

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:18 pm

alexeyga wrote: Thanks for the suggestion, i'm already kiting with the other brand's bar on which the trimmer isn't after every 12-15 outings.
Are you serious that it failed after 15 times? As an independent observer it does sound like an incredible claim. The only thing I can think is the factory in china might have substituted the part for an extra cheap replacement part to increase their profit margin. I have heard about smaller customers having problems like this when getting their goods produced over there - they are less likely to try it with a bigger customer who they rely on.

One thing about Dmitri he certainly has a unique talent for making some people very angry. I dont think SuperEZ has gotten over his meeting with him yet...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi alexeyga, you are not alone on this one. Myself and many people I know are revolted by stunts Dimitri pulls, especially his deceitful video of Infinity V3 vs Cabrinha. I wasn't going to post anything negative, but him calling you immature just put me over the edge.
I used to have 2 Screamers, 12m and 10m 3g. I didn't want to be associated with company whose owner personally insults his customers, so I sold them both. Screamers are OK kites, but there are much better kites out there. I went with 2013 Blade Triggers - same designer, similar behavior, but better in several crucial areas (sorry no time for a full review). Give it a try, you have a Blade dealer in QC.
BTW, I tried to sell Screamers on this forum - I got ZERO replies. I guess people here are catching up on the trend.
Very nice aleks. I wish I could show you the back and forth of emails I have been doing with Mr.alexeyga so you get a better idea of what's going on. His problem is the Depower Strap but not the kites. Your problem is....(well I don't know what your problem is!!!!)
The only stunts I will pull is crazy ones like jumping over buildings, over bridges, trees, doing handle passes over piers and you name it. What you saw on the video about the INFINITY V3 vs CABRINHA is true but again not a lot of people can do this. Also if you know anything about kiting you will know that a RACE board with 3 big 55 cm fins has a better chance to plane in light wind compare to an SUP board that has one very small surf fin. It's called 'apparent' wind which in this video I did not have, but was able to keep the kite up and move up wind until I fell. But again you need to have few more years of experience in order to understand this.
Concerning BLADE kites. I am so happy for you, they are great kites also. But the concept and ideas on the kites are different. Same designer but different concept. But again you need few more years under your belt to understand that.
Here are few more videos of the INFINITY V3 in action. And once again no stunts and no special effect what you see is what you get.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Dimitri M wrote:

Wow, Dimitri! Do you finally admit that your trimmer is faulty? Or I'm raving in my hopes and the official story line now is that it's a "wearable" part that you're supposed to replace every 2 months or so? Like i've said - show me another brand's trimmer where it's the case and I'll buy the story.

You might also want to start putting a disclamer with all your bars - kinda like "Attention, the trimmer is to be used only to cope with miss-tuned kite's rear attachment points, using the trimmer for anything else will result in premature wear and failure, so make sure to buy a couple of spares before heading on your kite vocation!!!"

And no Dimitri, my problem is not the trimmer, but the way in which you're handling the fact that it's faulty to begin with.
Last edited by alexeyga on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Been thanked: 0

Postby William Munney » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:35 pm

alexeyga wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:

Wow, Dimitri! Do you finally admit that your trimmer is faulty? Or I'm raving in my hopes and the official story line now is that it's a "wearable" part that you're supposed to replace every 2 months or so? Like i've said - show me another brand's trimmer where it's the case and I'll buy the story.
I'm sure that was not his intention. I don't think this bitching is an appropriate use of this forum. In any case you've made your point- several times!

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Alexey - So this entire huge temper tantrum is over postage?....wow!
How many straps have you bought that are doing this?
You've worn out a number of these?... is this what you are pitching now?
Or do you have ONE part that YOU refuse to pay postage to get a FREE replacement part?
Your fish keeps getting bigger in this story.
Your ride count keeps going down, you were saying 40 sessions when you started posting this story of injustice, now it's down to 12 sessions (there are team riders with two thousand hours on their bar).
You started out with just you having the issue, now it's also your two friends (who don't speak) who wear them out even faster than you.
Right now you sound like one guy who has worn out one part, or you got a part that was molded with a variation in the teeth. ...after you get a free replacement part, ride it and see if the conclusions you are selling are true.
My friend who had the Ozone bar part break off is still totally happy with his Ozone kites, just as you said you were with your Epic kites.
He would never sell the kites he likes over a broken bar part that cost him $25.
You have made a massive mountain out of a mole hill.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:00 pm

[quote="Dimitri M"]
Very nice aleks. Your problem is....(well I don't know what your problem is!!!!)
What you saw on the video about the INFINITY V3 vs CABRINHA is true except for the part i made up about falling in the water....but everything else is absolutely true...i believe..or is it beleive ? [quote]

I could not help myself...just wanted to make sure you missed me too :bye:

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
I like the way you keep cutting the guy with the paddle board off and make him fall in without saying sorry like at 7:08 in. You did that to me I would probably be waiting back on the beach for you.

Return to “Kitesurfing”