Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Caesar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:35 am

Dj A-Ron wrote:
Caesar wrote:You must be the head idiot on this forum...
And you must be the biggest pussy in kiteboarding...

According to your video, your QR works just fine. You're just to weak to release it. You already said you bought new kites...so just move on and quit crying like a little whiney baby. Go away douche bag!
:bye:
You have just proven- you are the head idiot here.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Postby L0KI » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:07 am

Dj A-Ron wrote:And you must be the biggest pussy in kiteboarding...

According to your video, your QR works just fine. You're just to weak to release it.
You already said you bought new kites...so just move on and quit crying like a little whiney baby.
Go away douche bag!
+1 +1 +1 :thumb:
Oldnbroken (in the Epic Surf Kite Thread) wrote:Team Rider Caesar- Watched your little video.
Your chicken loop opened with two fingers on one hand and with your other arm fully extended on the other side of your balcony railing, and pulling at the end of a piece of twine.
I've opened my Blade and my Epic chicken loops easily every time I've needed to.
I open and close my chicken loop before every session launch,
...so I know they all (five brands) work, all the time.
The problem is you, not the loop, since I can see in your video, CL opens fine.

I've talked to somebody who spent some time with you... and things are much clearer now.
Pretty obvious you locked up in your panic, not your loop.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 am

Oldnbroken wrote:I have to be done with you and Alexey, my stoke is being affected by your negativity..and Supa's forever crazy relentless emoticon commentary.
Time for a little vacation from you whiners and nut cases.

Hey Old and Broken, your vacation didn't last long eh (a mere 24 hours)?
Please go back again and get some fresh air, you need it at your age and conditions.

PS: You "Epic followers" must be a great bunch of people (kiters?) giving this tread and the Epic brand a great reputation. Dimitri- well done.

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dj A-Ron » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:53 am

Caesar wrote:You "Epic followers" must be a great bunch of people (kiters?) giving this tread and the Epic brand a great reputation. Dimitri- well done.
Go cry somewhere else Mr. Sensitive :allbegood:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:06 am

PS: You "Epic followers" must be a great bunch of people (kiters?) giving this tread and the Epic brand a great reputation. Dimitri- well done.
Thank you Caesar for all your inputs. You did a great job as an EPIC TEAM RIDER. Now wait until you see the (4G) kites in action.
Attachments
Avon ocean.jpg
5-3-13.jpg
Andrea Storm.jpg

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:52 am

Caesar wrote:Hey OldnBroken, your vacation didn't last long eh?
Please go back and get some fresh air, you need it at your age and condition.
Dj A-Ron's comment was so spot on, I had to respond. :thumb:
As for my age and condition, you're four years younger than me,
....but unlike you, I have no trouble pulling it. :lol:

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:37 am

Nice pictures Dimitri!

Like i said earlier i have spend 2 weeks at Dimitris Bootcamp :o :o :o last month and got the chance to test the 4G kites and new Bar :o :thumb: .

The looks of the 4G havent changed to much same idea of graphics just new colour combos :thumb: which i think are awesome looking :cool2: . The kite itself also changed a little. It rides like a dream :jump: . The new 13m Ltd v3 felt awesome. it felt faster and more responsive then the first version which i enjoyed alot too. Jumping went very well on this kite although i prefer the screamers. Since we did many downwinders the kite kept dragging me downwind very well if we went down very fast :thumb: . And upwind as soon as i started edging again. :jump:

The new Screamers have a totally new look again nice and agressive :cool2: . Which i simply like.
I specially rode the 10m LTD a kite i usually dont like that much but wow :jump: from the start i loved :heartface: this kite. I think its easier to ride then the previous models. Jumping is easier and the hangtime :o :o is perfect. Ofcourse it could be i gotten a little better so i get used to the 10ms a bit more. But i think the kite is a little easier to fly then previous models who definitly needed a good rider to get the awesome ability of the kite.

Now i'm just an average heavy :argue: rider but i remember one jump i jumped a edge of one of those gras Island you see in Dimitris videos. Well i was breathing like i was in labor :baby: :baby: :baby: i jumped higher then i ever did before, the hangtime was amazing :cool2: .
Next to jumping well the kite has insane hangtime like we're used from the screamers :thumb: :thumb: .

I tested the new Judge prototype just very briefly and underpowered. So not much usefull i can say about it except the kite felt nice and direct.

I rode the Droid V2 :heartface: most of the time and i just loved the board. Niice and playfull with a good pop.
I finally tested the Oxygen v2 a bit more and it gave me a good extra lowend but still with playfullness i didnt expected. :o

Dimitri got me testing the new Bar prototype aswell. I released it thousands of times :o :-? . The CL itself feels way more solid. its very easy to reassemble. It kills the kite very good, it doesnt have this restpower like before. I think schools will really this.
The centerhole got a little bigger and the CL locks into place when you unhook. A feature that will be liked alot by the freestylers.

The Bar itself changed very little i only believe there is a new fabric on the bar thats a little more stronger. I had no problems with my 2010/2011 and 3G bars but i guess some people who posted here had. Also because of the design there are almost no cuttinglines anymore and its more 1 solid piece. I think people will like that. :thumb:

The new CL is defenitly a great improvement :thumb: upon the old CL. Which in my eyes wasnt great but did the job. I only had a minor problem with a 2010 CL but Dimitri send me replacement parts for that and i know the 2011 CL was modified to prevent this problem. And never had a problem again. The new Cl just feels better and its easier to put reassemble and works great.
Personally i'm not a fan of the swivel systems on the CL. It works fine but i'm just lazy :remybussi: when it comes to the untwisting.

All and all i think people should really give these kites a try and probably be hooked :jump: to them. Like so so many people before :o . there is a reason for:

"warning do not buy any other kite until you experienced an epic kite" :thumb:
Attachments
DSC_0051.jpg
DSC_0033 1.jpg
DSC_0021 2.jpg

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tiago1973 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:55 am

Geronimo79 wrote: I had no problems with my 2010/2011 and 3G bars but i guess some people who posted here had.
As I was 1 of the persons that said the old QR was not functional at times let me further develop this one

Cruising around and actuate the QR was not an issue, it could be slightly harder than some others but it´s doable

My issues were whenever dropping the kite in head high waves and being dragged underwater once the wave swallow the kite – with the QR in question I was never able to open it once (& got different bars with the same QR)

fully understand that I also should blame myself to be in those circumstances in the first place, but in similar hits this never happened with others QR I own or used

my point being: the new/any QR should be tested in more extreme circumstances, and I´m sure Dimitri has this ability without killing himself, releasing it 1 million times while simply cruising does not proof much in my book

No pun intended
Last edited by Tiago1973 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm

my point being: the new/any QR should be tested in more extreme circumstances, and I´m sure Dimitri has this ability without killing himself, releasing it 1 million times while simply cruising does not proof much in my book
Tiago1973.
This is the reason why I have not release into the market our new (4G) XTEND BAR. And that is because I wanted to test it fully in order to make sure its 110% perfect. Not like most other kite companies that once they got something they just release it with out testing it to the full capacity.
Believe it or not but I have been eaten by few big waves and in one of them like this one I had to release my new CL because of being dragged under water.
Attachments
MONSTER.jpg

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Now that is just showing off.

@ Tiago

I think the new CL will definitly be what you require. It really is easy to put together when you practiced it a few times you can do it blind. Ofcourse being dragged under water will be more difficult but its easier then other systems i've tested because the ball goes in from the side really easy. I had a prototype which was ok but not great yet and now i tested the new ones at Dimitri i was impressed.

Literally everyone that tested the new C, and basicly no one could get away from Dimitri when he's letting people test his stuff. Before you know it you got a bar in your hand. Everyone was impressed and found it a great system.

Return to “Kitesurfing”