KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby KiteCulture » Fri May 31, 2013 11:00 pm

I wanna know what kite was in your video mark..looked like a sort of tone on tone light blue. Looked sweet

And yes, pink rock. Been flying the punk pink renegade for a year.... Love it. Seriously, tony hawk made pink cool in the bones brigade flick. Thanks tony

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kite2Heaven » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:30 am

What model is that yellow/blue kite in the pic ?

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:00 pm

KiteCulture wrote:I wanna know what kite was in your video mark..looked like a sort of tone on tone light blue. Looked sweet

And yes, pink rock. Been flying the punk pink renegade for a year.... Love it. Seriously, tony hawk made pink cool in the bones brigade flick. Thanks tony

Which kite (what time in vid)?
The blue/yellow is the screamer 4G :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Dimitri is the new bar the old (2011/3g) bar with your new custom chicken loop, or is it a new design altogether?
Hello mdksniper, sorry it took me a while to respond to your post. I have been traveling.
So to answer your question, the (4G) bar looks the same but feels different. We changed the grip, the hole where the CL lines go through and glued the ends to the bar + screwed them. Also the flying lines and center lines are different quality and we also added some new goodies to make our new 4G bar really nice and comfortable for the riders. I hope these pictures can help give you an idea of what's coming.
Attachments
IMG_1865 5.jpg
IMG_1825 1.jpg
IMG_1843 2.jpg
IMG_1852 4.jpg
IMG_1952 7.jpg
IMG_1872 6.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Hey Dimitri,
Can you give us the details on what changes were made to each model / size kite?
Hello Mr.Dj A-Ron.
The SCREAMERS are almost ready. I could not make them better then what we have for the 3G II. So we just took what we had and refined them. The only kite that we completely changed is the Screamer 10 ltd, since this is our test pilot for the next generation of kites. They should be ready by July. On the other hand we were able to improve the RENEGADES and tweak them a little to improve their performance.
Any way will give you all the information about the RENEGADE 4G real soon on the "EPIC KITES 4G" topic.
Again you have to understand that each of our sizes are different. For example, our RENEGADE 9 has a totally different shape then the RENEGADE 11 or RENEGADE 13 and so on....
Most of the companies make one size kite and then replicate this size to the other sizes and that is why some of the other kites don't fly right. They might have a good 10 meter but then all the other sizes are not as good. That is because they just replicate and change the sizing only.
Attachments
Taking Charles Ash son of a ride while his dad is kiting in front of us.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Hey KiteCulture,
Is that the 3G 10M that you are using or rather the 4G proto? How does it compare to previous years as this kite was suppose to be quite a handful? I am looking for a one kite quiver to travel with and was hoping that this kite has become more user friendly.
James
Hello Mr.James.
I don't know what year the S10 kite Mr.KiteCulture has been riding but all I know is that the SCREAMER 10 (4G) that we have is a totally different kite. Not as powerful as the previous S10 and very forgiving plus in the gust its solid like a rock. This is the S10 (4G) in action. The hang time is out of this world.
Attachments
GPV_0360 2.jpg
GPV_0222.jpg
GPV_0354 1.jpg

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Hello mdksniper, sorry it took me a while to respond to your post. I have been traveling.
So to answer your question, the (4G) bar looks the same but feels different. We changed the grip, the hole where the CL lines go through and glued the ends to the bar + screwed them. Also the flying lines and center lines are different quality and we also added some new goodies to make our new 4G bar really nice and comfortable for the riders. I hope these pictures can help give you an idea of what's coming.
Hi Dimitri,

You are saying you changed the grip, but I guess you did not change that very soft (and in my opinion unsuitable) grip material since the photo of that new bar you just posted had a mark straight through to the base already. I emailed you photos of my bar which had 2 of those marks when it arrived with the new kite. When I suggested to you to change that material, you said it is better to have that very soft material because it doesn't give your hands any blisters. Well, I don't get any blisters on any kite bar. Why? And their material is harder and doesn't rip through just by looking at it. The soft/hardness of the grip material is irrelevant to getting blisters or not.

You should see your Epic bar after 1 year. It looks like a piece of junk. Not to mention that not-functioning QRs/CLs I'm still waiting for since July last year. And please don't come up with the excuse that the CL/QR you sold on your bar is from another kite company. You sold that complete to me and are therefor responsible for the quality and function. Your bars wear the name Epic (and not Blade).

Caesar
IMG_1843-2-1.jpg

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:42 pm

I also agree with this, soft foam is not very good for long term. Why not using a soft rubber? I have this on my Bandit and it is almost as confortable but look as good after a year. Or at least a much more denser foam?
Last edited by Séb on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:53 pm

I can't view th video on the iPad right now, but it as at the beginning...looked like you were setting up at jockeys ridge.

For the others. I'm on the 3G screamer 10. And if you can make it even more stable..... I'm not sure how. At thing is nearly as stable at the renegade. When I flew the first s10, it had a lot of low end...way too much low end....balls to the wall low end. And it was a little twitchy for me. Great kite, but for me at the time. Not the right kite. The next version was better, but the 3G is absolutely perfect. It's forgiving a d even if you bugger the take off, you'll still get good lift. Set it up really well and holy shit, you'll be up there. Still pumped about that session. I could never kite again and be perfectly happy if that s my last session,

Thankfully, I'll be out soon enough, but it was just awesome.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:27 am

I also agree with this, soft foam is not very good for long term. Why not using a soft rubber? I have this on my Bandit and it is almost as confortable but look as good after a year. Or as least a much more denser foam?
Séb,
The new EVA material that is on the new 4G bar is denser then last year. So if few words it's not as soft as last year bars. So the grip will last longer but it feels really spongy and comfortable on your hands.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”