Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Kite2Heaven, the RACER kites come in 11/14/17 meters. If you want smaller you go with the SCREAMER 9 or 7.
This is a picture of the RACER kite in action.
Attachments
RACER 11m.jpg

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jumarcil » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Kite2Heaven, the RACER kites come in 11/14/17 meters. If you want smaller you go with the SCREAMER 9 or 7.
This is a picture of the RACER kite in action.
This is a great kite; we had the chance to test your prototype a little more than a year ago and it is quite a machine. Can't wait to try the final product :-)

I also had the chance to try the Infinity V2 last weekend. Rally powerful, easy relaunch, good speed.

Keep up the good work !
Jules

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Anybody had a chance to ride the Renegade 5m? I'd be curious to hear some reviews, as it already happened twice that I was rather over-powered on the Renegade 7 that I've got as my "survival" kite, which b.t.w. is a freaking powerhouse. Side by side with my friend's Kahoona 7.5m, who's lighter and rides a slightly longer TT than me - I'm out-riding him in bottom end, but can't clame the same regarding the top end though.

Also, at 200lbs I'm finding that Epic kites have been designed with smaller riders or wave-riding in mind when it comes to bar pressure and that goes for all models that I own/tried (R13LTD, S12, S10LTD, R9, R7). At the bottom end of windrange, bar pressure is very comfortable and light, but I can't jump or do anything fun for sh#t!!! Well-powered however - it's a whole different and a rather heavy story. Even the R7, in well/over-powered conditions is very bar-heavy!!! :angryfire: So as such I believe that lighter riders, as well as wave riders who would be using a smaller size in same conditions are the ones getting the "light bar pressure" that was advertised.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Weird i think the barpressure in highend is still very light. Ok i use the screamers. And having a 12 in up to 30 knots and a 9 up to 40/42 knots would classify as well powered i would imagine.

Sure the pressure goes up but never that heavy to be honest.
I do agree you always can ride a size smaller on Renegades since they have much power but also i found the barpressure to be ok.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:23 pm

There is a notable difference between the pressure on the bar between the Renegades and Screamers. Screamers are lighter, and while I don't think the Renegades are bad or heavy, there is more positional feedback with them. I'm a light rider and the 7 meter Renegade is my survival kite too. I love it, nice jumps, floats well, soooooo easy to use and ride. Lots of great low end, and you're right, - quite powerful as well.

The new Renegades will have different bridal positions which -my guess- will change bar pressure as well. Play around with it and see which you like better. Each year, Dimitri makes an amazing kite better!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Anybody had a chance to ride the Renegade 5m? I'd be curious to hear some reviews, as it already happened twice that I was rather over-powered on the Renegade 7 that I've got as my "survival" kite, which b.t.w. is a freaking powerhouse. Side by side with my friend's Kahoona 7.5m, who's lighter and rides a slightly longer TT than me - I'm out-riding him in bottom end, but can't clame the same regarding the top end though.
Also, at 200lbs I'm finding that Epic kites have been designed with smaller riders or wave-riding in mind when it comes to bar pressure and that goes for all models that I own/tried (R13LTD, S12, S10LTD, R9, R7). At the bottom end of windrange, bar pressure is very comfortable and light, but I can't jump or do anything fun for sh#t!!! Well-powered however - it's a whole different and a rather heavy story. Even the R7, in well/over-powered conditions is very bar-heavy!!! :angryfire: So as such I believe that lighter riders, as well as wave riders who would be using a smaller size in same conditions are the ones getting the "light bar pressure" that was advertised.
Hello alexeyga and thank you for your post. But some how I found this very interesting because people say the opposite. They find that the RENEGADE have not a lot of bar pressure compare to the kite they have been riding. For example I had a person demoing the RENEGADE 9 few days ago in 18 to 23 mph and he was very impressed about the kite but was not use the light bar pressure compare to what he has been riding. Maybe your settings are wrong. Maybe the outside lines of your bar are too short which will make the kite to back stall + that will also give you more bar pressure then normal.
Also the bar pressure on the SCREAMERS are less then the RENEGADE. But still the bar pressure on the RENEGADE is really nice. Not too much and not too little just a perfect balance.
This was us yesterday on the Outer Banks.
Attachments
Testing the final prototype of the RENEGADE (4G).jpg
Cameron getting ready on his Renegade 5.jpg
DSC_0030 3.jpg
Cameron on his Renegade 5.jpg
Dimiti tesing the S10 (4G) prototype.jpg
Testing the Screamer 10 (4G) prototype.  Photo. Lane Dupont.jpg
Reneagade 6.5 (4G) prototype.jpg
Renegade 6.5 prototype with REEF surf board.jpg
R6.5.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Also we are coming out with a new T-Shirt design called "The Kiter" but was wondering which one you like best? The front is the same. The back has a different "E" we are working on. You can always email me directly at: dimitri@epickites.com
Thank you so much for all your help.
Attachments
new action shirt.jpg
new E action shirt both sides2.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Also all our kites fly on 4 lines, I don't BELEIVE on the 5th line. Kites that uses a 5th line are kites that JELLY FISH a lot and that WON'T RELAUNCH easy and that IS THE REASON why they had to put a 5th line.
I do hope you do not believe that about the world best selling kite...the North Rebel loaded 5th line
"Let me apologize to you" for correcting your non first language...it is not E before I....for believe
At the very least work on that important word please
I believe you can apply yourself and get that right

Once again sorry for intruding on your thread...but it caught my "eye" ..and had to say what i believe

......................................... :wink: ...............................................................................................................

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Hello alexeyga and thank you for your post. But some how I found this very interesting because people say the opposite. They find that the RENEGADE have not a lot of bar pressure compare to the kite they have been riding. For example I had a person demoing the RENEGADE 9 few days ago in 18 to 23 mph and he was very impressed about the kite but was not use the light bar pressure compare to what he has been riding. Maybe your settings are wrong. Maybe the outside lines of your bar are too short which will make the kite to back stall + that will also give you more bar pressure then normal.
Also the bar pressure on the SCREAMERS are less then the RENEGADE. But still the bar pressure on the RENEGADE is really nice. Not too much and not too little just a perfect balance.
Thanks for the reply Dimitri! Funny thing is, back when I was testing Epic kites back to back with "other" kites, I was lacking both the bar pressure and feedback too - you can actually check my reviews of R9 and R13LTD from the 3G-thread. But now that I fly nothing but Epic kites, I'm finding that there's plenty of feedback and more than enough of bar pressure to go along! :D :lol: And my settings are fine, I fly all my kites with one Epic bar on which I made sure that all lines are set equal first thing after receiving it. I also remember our local Epic dealer's review of the Screamer 12 3G which he found to be on the heavy side too, so I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That being said, I'm still anxious to hear some feedback regarding the Renegade 5!

And my vote goes for the UPPER teeshort design.

P.S. Renegade 7 jumps great, but my favorite by far is the 10m LTD!!!! This thing is just EPIC!!!! :thumb: :jump:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Thank you alexeyga. I guess every body has a different opinion about the bar pressure on the kites. Any way you are right about the SCREAMER 10. This is the reason why I gave it that name to all the "SCREAMER" models.
Also thank you for the feed back on the T-shirt. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”