Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Fri May 17, 2013 3:23 am

Hello guys,
I know you have been waiting for the new EPIC CHICKEN LOOP to come out. We have been working on this CL for 18 months already making sure everything works perfectly the way I want it and we finally got something that I am very happy to introduce to the public very soon. This is just a video showing different people testing how easy the new EPIC Chicken Loops works. The final 4G CHICKEN LOOP & XTEND BAR video will be out soon and we should have these ready to the public very soon once we get them from the factory. Now it all depends on how fast the factory can produce them.

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Fri May 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Can't find a 4G thread so.....

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri May 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Oh boy..... I think it's time to go home guys. :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri May 24, 2013 5:56 pm

This is one of the many ways of landing your kite by yourself if no one is around to help you.
You can also use this idea to launch your kite if you are by yourself.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Fri May 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Dimitri M wrote:This is one of the many ways of landing your kite by yourself if no one is around to help you.
You can also use this idea to launch your kite if you are by yourself.

That is dangerous amigo! I wanted to write a comment already when you posted that one: http://www.kiteforum.tv/index.php?optio ... te&Itemid=

When you do that, always walk with the center line in one of your hands to secure the kite.
One of the owners here did the same as you, the kite launched itself when a gust hit the kite and the lines destroyed our Internet antennas and ended up on the other side on the verandahs.

You might want to amend your videos quickly or take them off until it's done.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Once again Mr.Caesar this is one of the many ways of landing your kite. If you don't feel comfortable with that way, then use your own way. But of course the best and safest way to land or launch a kite is to have some one else help you.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Fri May 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Not sure how that would be classed as dangerous?
Obviously if there are others around then an "assisted landing" would be better but if your on your own and it's strong winds then this is a another option.

We have a guy with us on a trip here now who always uses a bag filled with sand and a carabina attached, he's one of the most safety conscious people I know and often prefers to launch/land this way rather than use someone he's never met before.
We also have a beach near us in the UK where pretty much everyone uses a post that's on the beach.

It is worth noting that caution should always be paramount and maybe also to depower the kite first. This is after all just an other option for when there is no one else to assist and the beach empty of people.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Fri May 24, 2013 7:02 pm

windsuks wrote:Not sure how that would be classed as dangerous?
Obviously if there are others around then an "assisted landing" would be better but if your on your own and it's strong winds then this is a another option.

We have a guy with us on a trip here now who always uses a bag filled with sand and a carabina attached, he's one of the most safety conscious people I know and often prefers to launch/land this way rather than use someone he's never met before.
We also have a beach near us in the UK where pretty much everyone uses a post that's on the beach.

It is worth noting that caution should always be paramount and maybe also to depower the kite first. This is after all just an other option for when there is no one else to assist and the beach empty of people.
Mate, that landing Dimitri described is perfectly fine and safe as long as you walk with a centerline in your hands towards the kite and not 5 meters away from it. Got it? :wink:

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flysurf77 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:21 pm

I guess the only reason he is walking few feet away from it is that he is filming at the same time and want to show the whole set up together!
In real situation you would also walk fast to your bar to avoid anything happening and reduce the time between letting go the kite and grabbing the bar, but again, in the purpose of the video Mr D is taking his time to make sure that you can see all the steps of the maneuver.
As said before, this is only one way of launching, there are plenty of them, and the best one is still with the help of someone that knows what he is doing!!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun May 26, 2013 3:31 pm

This is what I am talking about. :thumb:
Attachments
This is our model.jpg
10 year old Cameron on the JUDGE 6.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”