Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby SupaEZ » Sun May 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Dimitri M wrote:This is what I am talking about. Grannyism #18 honesty is the best policy :thumb:
:?:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun May 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Riders having fun demoing the EPIC kites.
Attachments
DSC_0100 - Version 2.jpg
DSC_0197 1.jpg
DSC_0117.jpg
DSC_0165 6.jpg
Oopps SupaEZ.jpg
Had a hard time to take this person out of the water. He loved the Screamer 9.jpg
DSC_0146 4.jpg
DSC_0121 2.jpg
DSC_0033 5.jpg

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Do you ever land the kite by pulling on the center lines and then when it is close to the ground turning it into the wind?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun May 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Do you ever land the kite by pulling on the center lines and then when it is close to the ground turning it into the wind?
Hello Dave_5280,
Yes that is also one of the many ways to land your kite. But it is more tricky in stronger winds and a little dangerous. I usually do this in light winds but that is also one way of doing it.

BiteMe
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby BiteMe » Mon May 27, 2013 2:24 am

Dimitri M wrote:Hello guys,
I know you have been waiting for the new EPIC CHICKEN LOOP to come out. We have been working on this CL for 18 months already making sure everything works perfectly the way I want it and we finally got something that I am very happy to introduce to the public very soon. This is just a video showing different people testing how easy the new EPIC Chicken Loops works. The final 4G CHICKEN LOOP & XTEND BAR video will be out soon and we should have these ready to the public very soon once we get them from the factory. Now it all depends on how fast the factory can produce them.
D - Can you show a close up picture of the underside of the bar end near the screw? Are they solid one piece or do they still have the split down the middle. My bar end came off today when I was about a mile out. I initially thought I had cracked the bar, but when I got back to the beach the bar end came off and it was because the piece is not solid. It must have opened up enough to slide around the screw. I checked my other non Epic bars when I got home and they all use a solid end piece. This bar hasn't been used much so I know it wasn't because it was old or the screw was loose

Fastzdriver
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Part time OBX NC residents
Favorite Beaches: Jockey's Ridge, Frisco, and Salvo.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic kites, Slingshot and Crazyfly boards, and custom bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Fastzdriver » Mon May 27, 2013 2:27 am

Here are a few pictures from the Kitty Hawk Kites demo days this weekend.
Attachments
IMG_9057.JPG
Cameron on the 4g Screamer 10 Ltd. on 5/25 at KHK
IMG_9056.JPG
Cameron on the 4g Screamer 10 Ltd. on 5/25 at KHK
IMG_9112.JPG
Only kite in the sky on 5/26 at KHK: Infinity V2
IMG_9106.JPG
14m Screamer 3G, 14m Screamer 4G, and Infinity V2 at KHK today.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon May 27, 2013 3:56 am

Hello BiteMe and sorry about what happened to your bar.
Can you please email me a picture so I get a better understanding of what happened. This is my email in case you don't have it: dimitri@epickites.com

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon May 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Dimitri M wrote:This is what I am talking about. :thumb:
This is our model.jpg
If you insist Dimitri, I'd like to share some honesty with you and your other clients future and existing ones.

You might remember my Epic bar's trimmer saga from a page or so back. Anyways, after replacing the plastic buckle in the trimmer with another one that still had some teeth left, during my next session it proved to be just as useless, and since we had some nice forecast on the horizon, I've decided to solve the problem once and for all - thus I passed by our local kiteshop and got a brand sparkling new 2012/13 Universal Naish bar (and a set of SS pigtail converters).

Well, now after having a couple of sessions with it, I've drawn some honest conclusions (at least for my-self):
-That Epic bar that I've got with my Epic kites is the worst bar I ever had. At least I haven't paid the full retail price for it. Don't even want to fix it anymore, though I will just to be able to include a bar when I'll be renewing my kites.
-The stock lines stretch (and/or shrink) like there's no Tomorrow. Never seen so much variations in lines on a session to session basis. Hell, I've never seen lines to get unequal by a solid 4" in about a dozen sessions without doing anything radical on wonky! Had Ozones before with zero line stretch after 2 full seasons!
-Below-the-bar depower is underrated. Can't speak for SS, but the current Naish's setup works more than alright. Have nothing to complain about.
-The big front lines spinner that SS/Naish/Wainman/Mutiny/Blade are using (with small variations from company to company) actually does work.
-22m vs 24m lines don't feel any different, especially considering that the 24m lines that I've got on the Naish bar aren't as spongy.
-Will be picking up another Naish bar, but with 20m (or 18m) lines as a backup and for smaller kites in stronger winds.
-Having a really long throw is pretty nice when riding in super-gusty conditions.
-The chicken-loop can be simple, compact and solid while still being safe and easy to activate.
-These who're considering getting some Epic kites, which are very nice kites should, however, consider getting other brands control systems - it's worth it if you value your time on water and don't want to get stuck in a middle of nowhere, during your dream-kite-vacation with a toasted trimmer or the bar it-self in multiple pieces.

Sorry if it's bit harsh, but it's nothing but some honest IMHO.

Hasse
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Agger, Hanstholm
Style: Wave and foil. Little freestyle.
Gear: Gin kites, Hyde Kites, Kauper.

Postby Hasse » Mon May 27, 2013 1:51 pm

alexeyga wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:This is what I am talking about. :thumb:

Well, now after having a couple of sessions with it, I've drawn some honest conclusions (at least for my-self):

-Below-the-bar depower is underrated. Can't speak for SS, but the current Naish's setup works more than alright. Have nothing to complain about.

Sorry if it's bit harsh, but it's nothing but some honest IMHO.
Like you wrote... Least for you-self...

Under bar depower is the worst thing I have use. Both SS, Naish and LF suck's if you compare
with a good bar with depower over the bar.

The good thing in the world is everybody have different taste!! And my taste is not under the bar depower ;)

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN

Postby Flysurf77 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Alexeyga,
I don t understand how after changing for a new buckle it was still not working??? That means that the buckle was not the issue I guess! right?
I own a school and use almost only EPIC gear for teaching, rental and myself. We have been using EPIC since the first day, 4 years ago, and teaching over 400 hours of lesson per month and never had any problem with the teeth of the plastic buckle or with the whole depower system in general!
Are you sure this is not your depower strap that got thinner somehow( stayed too long at sun, got exposed to chemicals .....)?
About the position of the depower system, there are no doubt for me that it has to be above the bar for practicality and safety reasons
Have a great day!
M.

Return to “Kitesurfing”