Yes! Love it. Please send Marc home with the toy sword! :D

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby windsuks » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Not sure on the sword but got you a few stickers and D says he will give some more to me for your van :wink:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:56 pm

JamesVegas,
I just gave Marc (2) 8 feet EPIC stickers to put on each side of your van. So now you can ride NORTH kites with an EPIC van :thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:13 pm

windsuks wrote:I was on the Prototype Screamer 10m and then swapped kites on the water for a 12m GTS and then straight back onto the 10m Screamer after this.

It was immediately noticeable the lack of feedback at the bar, it felt pretty vague but the real surprise was the lack of power, the Screamer 10m felt way more power than the 12m Core!? The Screamers offer more bar pressure but for a reason.
So Marc...what's the low end like on the V4 Screamer 10M LTD? Less or more than the 3G Screamer 10M LTD?
Dimitri says way better top end range on V4. The range of my S10 is always surprising.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:46 pm

I got to try the 4G in a range of winds....it maybe does not quite have the same low end that the 3G has but when the wind picks up it really comes alive and has a way better high end than previous model.
I tried it in maybe 15kots not so much tricks but from about 18-20knots up it kicks in and keeps on going and going in the low 30's

Similar bar pressure feel etc
Awesome kite!

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 am

I was at the SBC kite/board test the other day in Hatteras. I had the prototype SCREAMER 10 LTD (v4) out in the peak winds( 18-25k). Boost machine! Wow, that's what I said when I pulled the trigger. Super nice package, good bar feed back and perfect turning speed. I was impressed. It was really fun to kite with Dimitri, his passion and skill are unmatched. He actually said he was over powered on a 12m, he's getting old. Lol.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 am

Big wave...you gonna stock epic this year? Would be good to have them available to the GTA community.

I do like a nice low end on my kites... Not sure if its an ltd this year of the 12 meter. Probably the limited edition. Dimitri, do they come with oxygen masks? That'd be funny.... An oxygen mask for e kite and the spartan outfit for the boards.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:57 am

[quote="KiteCulture"]Big wave...you gonna stock epic this year? Would be good to have them available to the GTA.

Currently we have no plans to sell Epic. It was great to test a different brand that we don't sell. We have a solid line up with Cabrinha, Slingshot and Airush kites and boards. Add to that Shinn and Nobile Boards. I wish we could add more but it's not in the cards. Kitecave in Orillia is stocking Epic and doing a great job promoting the brand.

Kitecave
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: co-ownwer www.Kitecave.com featuring Epic ,Core, Ozone, HQ, Wainman, Hyperflex and Ocean Rodeo
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitecave » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:12 am

Hey bigwave

Yep....that was a great afternoon at the Frisco Washhout !
WOW...did the wind switch get turned on or what......went from my Renegade 13 to Renegade 7m and Reef Surf Board in a matter of minutes Yee Ha !!!!!
Lots of action caught by SBC Mag water camera....watch for next test issue....Dave is a very brave man :thumb:

Just got back to Ontario ahead of Hurricane Sandy.......looks like Hatteras winds are crazy today !

Be safe out there

Cheers

Kitecave

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 am

These pictures were taken today Oct 28th from day 2 of HURRICANE SANDY here on the Outer Banks NC "USA" in (40 to 60 +++ mph) winds. Decided to try the JUNIOR PRO 4 but because of the strong gusts, decided to pump the TUTOR 2.5 m trainer kite.
After 40 minutes of fighting with the wind, sand and rain decided to abort testing the TUTOR in these conditions. I had such a hard time setting up the kite on the beach and could not even stay straight, plus my body was getting blasted by the sand like I never felt before. This was one of the smartest moves I ever did. Now I know what "Hell" feels like. So don't mess with mother nature and know your limits.
:angryfire:
Attachments
Picture 2.png
Dimitri checking what kite to rig.jpg
What seems to be the problem officer.jpg
How many people it takes to pump a kite in a Hurricane.jpg
Sheriff getting ready for some action.jpg
Thinking what could happen in 60 +++ mph winds.jpg
Going to set up.jpg
This is what HELL is.jpg
Having a hard time to stay on the beach.jpg
4.jpg