Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Guys I just want to thank you for all your help with the input you have been giving us about the 4G bags.

On another note concerning our USED/DEMO kites for sale that we have on our www.epickites.com site. I am posting this so you get a better understanding of our operations and demo/used kite availability and sales.
From time to time I have demo kites that can be made available at a discount. I post these opportunities on the forum, facebook and the EPIC website. Due to the big interest people have, this equipment moves fast (usually within 1 to 6 days, this stock is depleted), and is first come first served. When I post something on facebook or any forums or on our web site they are gone in no time. From time to time it's very hard for us to keep up our web site. For example we had an incident this weekend where someone wanted to buy a Screamer 14 but it had been sold the day before. The site had not been updated (even though we do this as quickly as possible) so we had to tell him that we were sold out. Needless to say he was upset, and informed us that the site was still showing availability. He got angry and accused us of tricking people. Our web staff does not work on the weekends, so updates would not be applied until Monday morning. This transaction occurred late Friday. While we love to make these discounts available to people, please understand that there are very limited quantities and we make every effort to provide this information as quickly and accurately as possible. We very much appreciate your understanding.
Thank you.
Attachments
DSC_0017.jpg

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 pm

if the bags look this good, I can hardly wait to see what the new kites are going to look like! I always love the anticipation on a new model!

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:Working on the 4G EPIC KITES. as we speak.

I know you guys have been waiting to find out when we'll be releasing the new (4G) EPIC kites. Well we are planning in releasing the (4G) kites in different stages.
The first one to be released into the market will be the RENEGADE 4G kites. These will be released in June/July or maybe sooner depending if we are 110% happy. Then will release the SCREAMER 4G in July/August and then the JUDGE 4G in September and then the new JUNIOR PRO 4. in November. But again the dates are not 100% set yet, so it might be even earlier or it might be even longer.

The RENEGADE will come in (6.5 / 9 / 11 / 13 ltd / INFINITY V3)
The SCREAMER will come in (7 / 9 / 10 ltd / 12 / 14)
The JUDGE will come in (6 / 8 / 11)
The JUNIOR PRO 4 will come in (4m) only
The RACER (4G) is already out and comes in (11 / 14 / 17).

These are some of the graphics we are looking for some of the 4G bags. If you guys don't mind letting me know which number you like best between # (2/3/4/5/6) that will be great. The #1 RENEGADE is good to go. But we are still working on the SCREAMER & INFINITY bags as we speak.
You can always email me at: dimitri@epickites.com to let me know what # you like best.
Once again thank you very much for your time and support. You guys made us who we are today and with out you we wouldn't be here. You can call them 2018, 2015 or even 2014 if you prefer instead of 4G.
Thank you.

P.S. By the way our 4G bars should be out by middle to end of May if everything is 110% ready. We had to do few minor changes on a new mold to be even better then what we had on the previous mold.

:thumb:

DON'T you dare changing the 7m Screamer :angryfire: :angryfire: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Exactly, love the 7m Screamer oh and the Renegades too!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Hello guys,
Just found this testimonial in the French KITEFORUM about a customer who bought a SCREAMER 9 and 12 (3G II) few months ago and wanted to share this with you.
If you don't understand French then I think it's time for you to learn French because I have no time to translate it, but in few words he hates :lol: the kites and the EPIC company and wanted to share his experience with all the French kiters.
This is the link of the French KITEFORUM.
http://forum.flysurf.com/parlons-matos/ ... 67168.html
Salut à tous!!!
Je sais, je n'ai pas beaucoup de messages à mon actif même si je suis ce forum depuis de nombreuses années ( je ne parle pas si je n'ai rien à dire :D )
Pour commencer je ne suis pas affilié à la marque Epic ; je ne touche pas de sioux ni de tarifs préferentiels et je n'ai aucun intéret autre que de faire partager mon opinion sur cette aile. Opinion que je vais essayer de donner de la façon la plus objective possible (même si le fait d'avoir acheter Epic fait de moi un "Epic sympathisant" ... c rare de cracher sur son matos sauf si on est vraiment déçu et après tout le temps que j'ai passé sur internet pour choisir cela aurait était dommage mais possible!!!)

D'abord la bête:
1M72 / 77kg sportif
kite depuis 2004
spot: mer du nord donc clapoteux et vent plutôt régulier
board: RSC suprême 2009 129x38 ( point de salut sans RSC aux pieds !!! :D )
aile : Best Nemesis Hp 2009 12m ( que j 'ai beaucoup aimé!!!!)
Style de nav: bien bien toilé , High jump satellisation, freestyle Old school , nav uniquement hookée et un peu de vagues en vieillissant
plage de vent souhaité: 18-25knts

Pourquoi avoir choisi Epic : je voulais sortir des ailes à 1800€ sans la pompe et sans grandes innovations même si elles marchent très bien dans le programme qu'on leur donne . Après avoir scruter le net je suis tomber sur epic kite qui annoncait des ailes simples, efficaces, sans fioritures à des tarifs sympas pour une nav à l'image de leur Boss : MR D. Maramenides ( dit Mr "enthousiasme" :lol: ) BIG BOOST, BIG JUMPS, BIG KITELOOPS, OLD SCHOOL ( je parle des Screamer) le cahier des charges collait parfaitement à ce que je recherchais. J'ai qd même attendu la screamer version 3G histoire d'avoir un peu de recul sur le net et de trouver le courage d'acheter une marque qui n'est pas distribuée en france. Les retours que j 'ai trouvé sur le net (ex kiteforum) ont toujours étaient très positifs en décrivant un service clientèle exemplaire disponible etc etc etc , ensuite les retours sur les ailes étaient aussi super positifs que ce soit sur la construction ou sur les qualités de vol.
Bref au mois de décembre avec l'aide d'une promo alléchantes pour promouvoir la marque en france ...... Y' a eu craquage et cliquage 12 et 9 emballé c'est pesé!!!.

Ce que je peux déjà confimer sans souci c'est la qualité du service client; je suis passer en direct par Mr D qui en plus d'être super sympa, est francophone et ne doit jamais dormir car il répond a vos mail dans les 6 H grand max!!!! il vous envoie des videos perso de son stock , trouve avec son équipe des solutions pour faciliter les commandes, les frais de port , les douanes ...... Bref quand c'est bien faut le dire et là ... c'était BIEN!!!

Une seule session en mer du nord pour l'instant ( et oui ça caille sa race ici!!!! :mrgreen:) et une semaine au Cap Vert me permette de vous donner mon humble avis:

Au déballage : je vais faire vite il y a énormement de videos et de photos faites par Dimitri sur son site pour montrer ses ailes sous toutes les coutures.
les sacs sont ENORMES et bien conçus (rangement barre, pompe et une pochettesur le dessus ): deux ailes trankilou bilou, la combi le poncho d'après session , y a même de la place pour la bière d'apres session voire le pack :D :D . Petit plus un sac mesh supplémentaire dans le sac (comme les poupées russes :D ) pour pouvoir faire sécher l'aile lattes gonflées ( très pratique +++ qd on veut voyager léger). Et bien sur l'aile est livrée avec grande pompe et kit de réparation!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pour l'aile franchement je ne suis pas déçu des renforts partout où il faut les coutures bien faites renforcées sur le BA et les points d'attaches bref rien à envier aux majors, vraiment une très bonne construction !!! Ce n'est pas du spi "North" en triple peau de fesses :D mais en comparaison à ma best qui a bien tenu le coup jusque 2013 je dirais qualités identique avec des renforts supplémentaires.
Le bridage est très court et très simple pas de poulies sur la version 3G mais 1 anneau de friction par bridage ( qui peut être use le bridage mais bon c comme les poulies et je pense qu'il faut être un abruti pour ne pas savoir changer un bout de ficelle avec 2 noueuds!!!!) qui ont étaient remplacés par des sliders (mix entre poulie et anneau) sur les versions 3GII ça s'use toujours mais un peu moins vite.
Forme originales des lattes qui se termine en olives pour rigidifier le profil et du coup ..pas de cam battens.
One pump simple et efficace (aller petit reproche les tuyaux sont très souples et se coudent rendant le gonflage des lattes (surtout la centrale)pas systématique si on ne les découdent pas)
J'ai entendu parler sur le net de problèmes au niveau des valves qui se décollent sur les boudins mais a mon niveau RAS ( peut être que tomtom breizh pourra nous en dire plus car il nav en Epic depuis plus longtemps il me semble!! ou alors c'était juste une mauvaise série de boudins ou de valves??)
la Barre est simple, propre, efficace (pas d'usine à gaz :wink: ) 22 X 4 M de lignes , ajustable en largeur (une seule barre pour toutes les ailes),réglages longueur avt/arr au niv de la barre ( 3 noeuds de réglages), trim à sangles (simple et efficace, je ne suis pas grand et j'ai pas de souci pour les chopper), Y sur les avants à un bon mètre au dessus du trim, sécu type "mini 5e ligne" sur les 2 avts qui passe au travers de la barre et du chicken loop (depower à 80 % donc franchement bof!!!!!) largeur identique à celui des blade de 2012 donc plastique dur; bizarre au début mais simple et efficace pas d'auto déclenchement à ce jour), dévrilleur manuel au dessus du chicken look ( on n'est jamais aussi bien servi que par soi même!! :D , mais il faut avouer qu'il faut chopper le coup à savoir utiliser la butée de BC qui marche vraiment bien et tourner le devrilleur avec les 2 mains une sur le CL pour bloquer l'autre sur le devrilleur et ça marche nickel "simple et efficace"! :wink: . Donc pour être sincère je suis satisfait de la barre et de sa qualité (hormis le trou de la barre dont la pièce pourrais être améliorer afin de limiter l'usure du BC pas encore présente sur ma barre mais je pense que ce sera à surveiller) mais pas de son système de sécu et c'est pour ça que j'attends avec impatience la nouvelle barre avec sécu sur un avt coulissant ( au dire de dimitri pour mi ou fin mai avec possibilité d'upgrader son ancienne barre...enfin !!!!!! :D :wink: :mrgreen: ) car en cas de misère seul et surtoilé je préfère pour poser un systéme qui "tue" le kite plutôt que de me retrouver avec un kite qui tire encore et être comme un connard au bout de mon leash d'aile :mrgreen: :mrgreen: bref avis perso mais c'est MON cahier des charges!

l'aile en nav:
Putain l'aile est proche :shock: 22m de lignes ca change de 25M ça fait bizarre.
On a l'impression que les oreilles pincent un peu mais l'aile ne surborde pas du tout.
L'aile est compacte, rigide plus que ma nemesis (je gonfle à 11psi, je gonflais plus la nemesis)
Super stable et là ça change de ma nemesis :)
vitesse de rotation , malgré les 22 M de lignes ça tourne super bien mais pareil voire un peu moins que ma nemesis avec petit (j'ai dit petit!!) temps de latence ( bridage oblige!!)
Pression en barre : assez léger mais je n'ai pas du tout était boulversé donc je dirais identique par rapport à ma nemesis/ waroo etc...on sait très bien la situer sans la regarder pendant les sauts et les surfs
Fond de puissance: comme la nemesis pour moi juste bien mais pas autant que par exemple une rebel
L'aile cap bien elle va loin en bord de fenêtre mais moins que la nemesis
Le depower est progressif pas de "ON/OFF" est permet trankilou de passer les rafales comme ma nemesis 12M.
La prise en main ce fait sans temps d'adaptation je n'ai pas ressenti de gros boulversement par rapport à mon ancienne aile
Saut: REVELATION!!!! :D :D :D qd c'est bien faut le dire et là c'est TRES bien!! Ca met un coup de pied au cul qui peut surprendre ( qui m'a d'ailleurs surpris :mrgreen: ) quand on envoie bien et putain ça monte et pourtant je viens d'une nemesis ( c'est pas du simple au double mais je trouve que c 'est mieux) .... et la sustentation alors là!!!!! ma nemesis est battue de loin ça porte vraiment vraiment bien ( attention aux narcoleptiques : possibilité de s'endormir pendant la descente :lol: :lol: ) franchement je retrouve la bonne sustentation d'une rebel 2010 (essayer coup sur coup avec un pote qui l'a en 12M) mais avec la vivacité de la nemesis donc pour moi ... SUPER CONTENT et encore je pense avoir une marge de progression en domptant la bête.
En vagues: l'aile recule bien dans la fenêtre beaucoup mieux que ma nemesis et ressource bien en fin de virage je sais que ce n'est pas son programme et je ne suis pas un expert pour en parler mais par rapport à mon ancienne aile et à mon cahier des charges ça le fait vraiment bien !!
Kiteloop: pas encore envoyé j'attends de tester la 9 :D :D juste fait quelques KL de transitions ; ca a l'air de bourriner rayon de rotation moyen. la sensation me semble identique à ma nemesis ( à réévaluer!).
Plage de vent : 1ère sortie un bon 22, 23knts et putain c'était bon ;pas à la rue du tout pas trimé franchement à l'aise donc plage haute à voir mais je dirais 25knts trankil!! (pour moi :wink: )
ensuite entre 18 et 22 knts l'aile,marche nickel. La surprise c'est à 16 knts là ou je me fais chier d'habitude en nemesis ( je n'aime pas les sorties juste pour faire des bords et marcher parce qu'on a sauté ou devoir faire des bords de 3 kms pour revenir à son point de départ) et bien je me suis bien marrer , jumper , caper nickel et ce juste en raccourcissanrt d'un noeuds les arr (encore possibilités de les racourcir mais peur du surbordage).

En conclusion: je retrouve une aile saine stable et qui tourne comme mon ancienne nemesis mais surtout qui satellise et plane plus avec un peu plus de plage basse et une plage haute prometteuse. "Simple et efficace" ( j'ai répété beaucoup ces 2 mots mais pour moi quand je vais kiter il faut que ce soit SIMPLE et EFFICACE!!! :D 8) :lol: :lol:
donc pour moi c'est du tout bon : cahier des charges rempli avec succès!!! :D :D :D
je suis conquis manque plus que la barre avec la sécu qui va bien!! :D

J'espère que mon roman ne vous aura pas trop saoulés :oops: (ne lisent que ceux qui sont intéressés :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) mais j'ai essayé avec mon humble niveau de le faire le plus complet possible et avec la comparaison de mon ancienne aile que je connaissais sur le bout des doigts
Cet avis n'engage que moi et à juste pour but de donner un avis à ceux qui possèdent le même cahier des charges que moi et qui souhaiterais avoir un retour sur cette aile (12m) (n'est ce pas le but d'un forum????) :D :D
Je sais que maintenant la marque est implantée en france à saint nazere: "ekiteloop" donc plus accessible !! j'espère bientôt les contacter pour une infinity (si les finances et Madame veulent bien :oops: :cry: :roll: :mrgreen: )
Bienvenue en France EPIC
MAT
kiter heureux mais qui le serait encore plus avec au moins 10°C (air et flotte) en plus et un bon SW 25 knts :D :D :D
P.S. hopefully some one has some time to translate this.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Hello guys.
We have been here on the island of GRAND CAYMAN for 2 days now and it has been very windy and lots of people have been demoing the kites.
Very nice turn out. I love seeing people's faces after they demo an EPIC kite and how they call their friends to come and try it.

P.S. This is an email I got this morning about some one who tried one of our kites yesterday.
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-03-31 at 9.46.09 AM.jpg
Getting ready for day 2.  Need a bigger car.jpg
Cameron showing off.jpg
Cameron and Dad.jpg
DSC_0293 3.jpg
DSC_0345 10.jpg
DSC_0385 1.jpg

Pattiecannon
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Caba, Bilinga
Favorite Beaches: Belongil, Muddies, Caba.
Style: loose
Gear: Rev 2 2009 9m
Octane 2010 11m
TD 2 2008 12m
Griffin 2009 14m
Chopstick 149
Custom 2010 136
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Pattiecannon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Hey All,
I have scored a couple of epics after demoing through Nigel in Qld Australia.

I tried the 9 but for the moment I am packing the Infinity V2 and the Renegade 3G 11m.
The 9 jumps high and quick and is easy to land, but the wind here is more applicable to the 11 and Infinity. The Infinity IMO is like a giant version of the 9m. But it's the 11 that steals the show for me.
Yesterday on the 3G I ran straight at the kite in 12-14kt straight onshores whilst flying
down waves and the kite luffed easily in the sky. I did give it
tiny bits of feedback to stay up but this was not a full time
consideration and I had most of the time to study the wave. (which was
worth some study! Shoulder to just overhead waves) I thought I would out run the kite in these conditions (cross on shore) but there were no dramas and waves were had! There was no need to cutback which was great for the wall(ie) waves and the response time for smacking the lip and gliding some foam took next to no time to get dialled in.

I have a mate who is a fast progressing noob. He started on the cabs, and I gave him a few sessions on the Renegade and that was it. He still has other kites 14 & 9
and rode friends and he says he only wants to fly this 11. He said
he wished all his kites were this kite! I feel the same way. Awesome
kite. We're sold on it. I just now want the rest of the 4g family to be the
same way! This is the kite as far as i'm concerned. I have not been on the 13 or the screamer or judge, but I've flown a lot of other brands and models and I realize that when you vary the size, you vary the performance. This is a shame because I would like my quiver to be all like this 11.

What is wrong with the kite?
Ok, so nothing is perfect. I prefer continuous safety lines on the bar. I have heard that the new bar has addressed this issue. Also I don't like the strut feeder tubes being activated early to avoid bladder explosion. I simply took 3 zip ties and secured the LE end of each tube. Whallah! problem over. The quick release is a little stiff at first. I put in a little olive oil and that's fixed too.
The depower rope looks very much like the North Trust element system so it may need some wax melted in to help preserve.

Good things about the kite?
:p lots! relaunch, drift, pivot turning, look, build quality, bar, lines, bridle, sliders, delta tips, easy maneuverability, Out of the bag it's all impressive. The bag is easily one of the best made for kiting. Loads of room for everything. I have 2 bags and I just keep both epics in the one & have the at the beach every time to cover margin calls. Both bars fit in the sidepocket. Check. The pump is still gr8 and I have been using it heaps. Mainly on the infinity - such is the season we're having here.

Just to touch on the infinity debate that seems to be raging here lately. I really don't see the fuss?
The kite flys in 3-4kts. I have done it. I have a wind meter. It is exciting for about 30 seconds then when I realize it's not strong enough and it won't pick up it's back in the bag and back to work! I waded out in the waves in this wind speed and paid the price by having to pack up a very wet and sandy kite after some small waves pushed me towards the kite, very boring, but what kite would even fly in this range? The Cabrinha? Also since all those Cab guys had the video's ready for the infinity, you'd expect they would have one up for their 18 on this day or in similar winds - can anyone here point the way to this video? That would be awesome. I would like to point out that I like cab kites. I'm a big fan, I have a switchie and a convert and have used their large kites and owned quite a few in the middle sizes. I think they're awesome at what they do. Plus they are very durable kites. But since a lot of mud is going towards Epic because of a Cab riders video (or do I have this wrong? ) it would seem fair to show the video of the cab on the same day. Much the same result at best, I would expect. It is a fact that the Infinity will lift off the ground in the 3kt range. Get out your gauges do it yourself. It's been done. It's been video'd it's been posted. It will be done again (not by me unless it's for a bet!_ otherwise I've got better things to do) It's boring to do. It's a fact.

The infinity will go in small waves with no or favourable currents in 6-8kts. In downwind flowing currents it has taken 8+ kts solid to get it going. It is not the fastest LW kite around but it goes upwind better than most. I have had swap sessions with the core 17m xr2 and it is slower to turn but definitely goes upwind better. Even the core owner said this. I preferred the infinities feel but I would like it to turn a little more faster like the core and I think it could be made to have a touch lighter bar pressure (like if it was a giant 11m!! nudge wink). but maybe there is scientific trade off there that is set in stone for now? The thing I do know is that a lot of big kites will get you out there at 6-8 but it's up to you to figure which one you like the most. For me the Epic is just that.
thanks for reading all this - I hope it helps you with any decisions you have to get a demo or not. I would definitely say try them out. The Epic crew are great and easy to communicate with and will always stay in touch with you about anything you would like to know. A lot of companies let you fall off the radar so it's refreshing to feel like you are making a contribution to the brand you ride. Adios

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Whaooo that was a nice and straightforward review Mr.Pattiecannon. Thank you for all your inputs about the kites, bars, bags and so on..... And don't worry all these are taking into consideration for the next 4G products.
On another note, never leave home with out your epic underwater BUSINESS CARD it always come handy when you meet people on the beach or in the water.
Attachments
G0010019.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:56 pm

B.t.w. if you happen hear some strange cracking sounds from the older Epic chicken loop when jumping, do not worry!!! :?: :baby: Just spray some dry lubricant on the release mechanism and you'll be jumping in perfect silence! :jump:

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:41 am

Another Aussie loving the Epic Renegades:
Rider: 82kg intermediate
Style: Freeriding, small surf
Weather: 15-20 knots couple of sessions
Satisfaction: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10
Quiver: Ocean Rodeo Mako 140,Cardboard 134, F-one B5 10 & B3 13m
Disclosure: Pay for my gear, no associations

Background: Primarily flown F-ones from DOS through to B5. Looking to upgrade my light wind B3 13m. I am involved in a number of sports and base my equipment purchases on 3 things Performance, Quality/Value for money and Service.

Quality/Value:
First off it looks like a quality package, whilst it appears most brands are cutting back on carry bags/extras etc I was really impressed with the carry bag and additional dry mesh bag (great for quick pack-ups). The ribbed scuff pads on the LE are a good inclusion to minimise damage for self launch/landing. The overall build quality of the seams, bridle joints and reinforcement to the tips etc is very good. As per most kites these days, its one pump inflation but the valve seems a little smaller than other kites so it was a little harder to inflate but this was minimal and we can all use a bit more warm up. The tubes connecting to the struts are secured by "O" rings, this seems to be okay but I think time will tell if this is better than a more secure system like a cable tie etc. The kite has delta wing tips, 3 struts (these taper right down on the ends which is unusual looking)and a medium sized leading edge (slightly larger than the B6 but way smaller than my old B3) overall the kite is fairly light in weight. The bridles are simple and use a slider ring instead of a pulley, Which I think is a much better system. The graphics are great (strictly personal)

Performance:
As I said above I have really only ridden F-One's so most of my comments will be based on a comparison, so I would appreciate a little slack here. I tried the Xtend bar and lines during my demo to compare it to the F-one bar and cleat system (that is very simplistic) to see which bar I would use. The xtend bar can switch from 45 to 55cm by either attaching the lines to the inside or outside of the bar ends which is good if you have multiple kites of varying sizes. The trim system uses straps and performed adequately (I preferred the cleat)and there was plenty of bar throw for depower and range. The QR was well made and easy activate. There are multiple adjustment knots on the front lines (front lines could be adjusted individually which seemed abit overkill) above the trim straps and on the back lines at the bar extension. The xtend system performed fine but I preferred the F-one lines and as such are using them on the kite (this is purely a personal opinion before we start the mine is better debate). Now, down to the main event how does this sucker fly and feel. Straight from the word go the kite felt very stable, smooth and for a larger kite its quite responsive (especially for those odd heart in mouth moments). The upwind performance was very good, slightly less than the F-one which I think is exceptional. I would not consider myself a great jumper by any means, but the boost and air control is excellent and helped me make significant improvements in my jumping and confidence (again I would put this down to how smooth and stable it is). I had a couple of opportunities to test the relaunch in both small surf and choppy conditions, the relaunches were easy with little effort it did most of the work on its own (equal to the F-one).

Service
I was introduced to the kite via a demo day by Nigel at East Coast Kitesurfing. Its always good to talk to the guy that flies the kites he sells, especially when they have a great understanding and confidence in their product. Nigel has been great and offered me the demo without any prompting and I was lucky enough to be given a brand new kite for a couple of weeks to make sure I was happy with the style and size. After purchase of the kite I also received follow up emails to check on satisfaction, very uncommon these days.

Overall Summary
The quality and value for money is excellent. The performance of the kite is well suited to my freeride (cruiser style). It is very smooth and stable to fly and inspires confidence in your flying (particularly good for intermediate flyers like myself). The service provided was very professional. Based on what I have experienced so far I would highly recommend both kite and operator.

Cheers

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Hello EastCC and thank you for the nice review you posted. By the way is this you Nigel from "EAST COAST KITESURFING" who posted that? If so, thank you for sharing this honest report from one of your customers. It always helps us improving for the next generation of products. And we like people to be straightforward with their reviews so if needed we can do better next time.

Now you understand why we are very strict with who we want as EPIC dealers/schools. We want the best of the best to represent, sell and teach on our products. As you can see this customer has a lot of things to say about the EPIC product but also about the person that did serviced him and help him. This is what we want.
Nice job Nigel. Make sure to let him try the SCREAMER models also so he can see Australia from above when he jumps.
Attachments
Dimitri up in the air.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”