Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Caesar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Once again Mr.Caesar I don't know what else to tell you. I have done everything in my power to help you out and I have lots of emails to prove it. You are probably the only customer or should I say Team Rider who is not happy about our quality and customer service. Also you have to understand this is a company we are running and we have to go by the rules which in your case my wife and I had to bend some of the rules to help you out. We also did ask you to send the S10 back so we can inspect it but you said it was too expensive to ship it from Brazil. So in few words our customer service goes even beyond then what other kite companies do. Plus because of your post I have been receiving few interesting emails from few different kiters that leave in your aria and know you. After reading these emails I have a better picture with whom I am dealing with. Again I am sorry you feel that way about me and EPIC kites but we tried to help you the best we could.
Any way, I wish you all the best and good luck with your new kites.
What???
You never ever asked me to send back the 10m LTD when I reported the strut problem. NEVER! Post the email where you wrote that to me!

I wrote to you:"...Can you send by any chance 2 new outer struts to replace these ones or do you have any other suggestions for a fix?..."
You:"I will send you an extra set of bladders in case but we need to fix the rip on the Strut. Do you have some one there that can fix this? If not we use AIRTIME to fix our kites.
Let me know what you want to do?"
Me:"Thank you. I didn't mean the inside bladders, sorry. I mean the struts. They can be replaced without too much work. I have a local kite repair store here who is doing a decent job."
You:"Sorry but we don't sell these replacement part. I have had this happened to one of my kites last year in Florida when I was doing a demo in very shallow waters with lots of mussels shells. One of the kiters crashed my S10 and a sharp shell that was in the very shallow water cut my strut. I saw it back myself the same night so I can continue my demos the next day with some dental flaws. Very easy repair.
But I never had any other person with this problem. So I don't understand what is going on. Maybe this happened when the kite is pumped on the beach and left alone with strong winds for hours so the struts bends back and fourth. I am not sure. Ask your guy to fix it by sawing it and let me know how much it is. This should not be more then $35 because once I got home I sent my kite to AIRTIME to do a professional job and they charged me $35 + shipping."

Regarding the other comment that people sent you comments about me. Well I doubt there are any negative comments. If you would have met me, you would know.

I'm waiting for an apology.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Caesar wrote:
Regarding the other comment that people sent you comments about me. Well I doubt there are any negative comments. If you would have met me, you would know.

Me too

D. has met me and can only say positive comments about our interaction & playful afternoon

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:43 pm

What???
You never ever asked me to send back the 10m LTD when I reported the strut problem. NEVER! Post the email where you wrote that to me!
I wrote to you:"...Can you send by any chance 2 new outer struts to replace these ones or do you have any other suggestions for a fix?..."
You:"I will send you an extra set of bladders in case but we need to fix the rip on the Strut. Do you have some one there that can fix this? If not we use AIRTIME to fix our kites.
Let me know what you want to do?"
Me:"Thank you. I didn't mean the inside bladders, sorry. I mean the struts. They can be replaced without too much work. I have a local kite repair store here who is doing a decent job."
You:"Sorry but we don't sell these replacement part. I have had this happened to one of my kites last year in Florida when I was doing a demo in very shallow waters with lots of mussels shells. One of the kiters crashed my S10 and a sharp shell that was in the very shallow water cut my strut. I saw it back myself the same night so I can continue my demos the next day with some dental flaws. Very easy repair.
But I never had any other person with this problem. So I don't understand what is going on. Maybe this happened when the kite is pumped on the beach and left alone with strong winds for hours so the struts bends back and fourth. I am not sure. Ask your guy to fix it by sawing it and let me know how much it is. This should not be more then $35 because once I got home I sent my kite to AIRTIME to do a professional job and they charged me $35 + shipping."
Please Caesar if you are going to post some of our email correspondence then please post them all not just what you want people to see. So every body that reads this thread can see what we are dealing with.
As of an "apology"... I already said few times in my emails and threads that I was sorry about your misfortune and that my wife and I were doing the best we could to help you resolving your issue.
Regarding these emails few people sent me about you.....Well I don't think you would call these nice comments. But still would love to meet you one of these days.
Once again thank you for your time and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Dimitri you cant please everyone. Ceasar is one of those people.

Ceasar if you truly want to resolve this then do this with a little dignity by e-mail. Instead of acting like a wining child. I'm sure some of the points you make are valid. But i know what Dimitri and his wife do for customers and i doubt they would threat you differently. Although (specially) as a (ex) teamrider you acting highly unproffesional.
From the list of problems and the pictures of the bar and my personal experiences with the gear i can be very sure you have been very sloppy with your gear maybe even deliberately destroyed stuff for extra exposure.

I think critics and feedback are good but by dragging this, this unproffesional it doesnt solve anything. Personally i think its very reasonable that Dimitri offered you a replacement QR and you pay the shipping. From the video you still opened the QR pretty easy so not 100% sure what your point was.

Again if you truly want this resolved act like a grown up instead of a spoiled kid and resolve your differences with Dimitri by email. I agree you probably have some valid points but i also think a reasonable sollution has been given.

For Supa... its up to Toby, he's still only here to be as negative as possible and made it his personal vendetta to be negative. Because his ego is hurt.

Yesterday i had a kiteschool testing the 3G (II) kites and they were over enthousiastic.

First he tested the Renegade 9m and within half an hour he was doing tricks and new stuff again where his own kites stopped him for the past few years. The Renegade made riding fun again and he was overjoyed with the idea he will be progressing on these kites again.
Also the kite jumped much better then he expected, the kite has a good airtime. He was really really excited.

Then he tested the Judge 8m, immediately he felt comfortable with the kite the same kind of feeling as the renegade but more like his current kites. Unhooked was awesome and a very good feel. Not what he was looking for but still very enjoyable kite.

Then the 10m Screamer 2011 which took some time getting used to. This kite is simply not for everyone and asks more from the rider. But as soon as you find the timing you are off.
Massive hangtime and high jumps were the result. He loved the kite but is more interested in the normal screamers them being a little easier to time. (althought the 4G is easier to jump aswell)

Later he took the renegade again and he was doing all kinds of new tricks he hasnt tried for a long time. He loved the kites!

I also showed him the upcomming 4G bar Prototype i have so i could explain the idea what is to come. Specially the new flagsystem is ideal for schools.

Afterwards we went to a pub and he talked about his experiences with the kites and how impressed he was. Only thing i could do was agree with him. i love the kites aswell.

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite2Heaven » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Will Ozy East Coast kiteboarding be getting the 4g models for demos ??

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 am

K2H we sure will. We'll have demo renegades, screamers and the new bar over in Perth. Planning on a demo Epic Reef SB over there too. Full kit on the eastern side. Send me an email and I will let you know when they've landed.
Last edited by EastCC on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:01 am

Geronimo79 wrote:Dimitri you cant please everyone. Ceasar is one of those people.
Ceasar if you truly want to resolve this then do this with a little dignity by e-mail.
I tried that many times but always got the same responses that I'm the only one those failures happened to. Only the delaminating valve issue I see as partly resolved when I was sent 2 replacement valves for which I had to cover the repair cost myself.
Geronimo79 wrote:Instead of acting like a wining child. I'm sure some of the points you make are valid. But i know what Dimitri and his wife do for customers and i doubt they would threat you differently. Although (specially) as a (ex) teamrider you acting highly unproffesional.
From the list of problems and the pictures of the bar and my personal experiences with the gear i can be very sure you have been very sloppy with your gear maybe even deliberately destroyed stuff for extra exposure.
What? You are stupid! Nothing more to say about your silly statements there...
Geronimo79 wrote:I think critics and feedback are good but by dragging this, this unproffesional it doesnt solve anything. Personally i think its very reasonable that Dimitri offered you a replacement QR and you pay the shipping. From the video you still opened the QR pretty easy so not 100% sure what your point was.
No, your boss did not offer me a working QR at all (neither sending it for free or asking me paying for the shipping). Instead he forwarded my complaint to the Blade boss to resolve and I did not get any replacement from them.
Geronimo79 wrote:Again if you truly want this resolved act like a grown up instead of a spoiled kid and resolve your differences with Dimitri by email. I agree you probably have some valid points but i also think a reasonable sollution has been given.
Again- I tried to resolve the issues by email many times but only got the same responses that I'm the only one that happened to and that's it. That's what your boss calls bending backwards to satisfy customers.
And you are wrong again- no solution was given and I still have a none-working Epic QR and broken struts.
The bar is a year old. Nothing I can do there anymore but to warn others to better get something of decent quality instead of that rubbish.

You Epic followers can go on and on and every time someone posts such crap I will repeat myself with the truth until you get it into your heads...

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby xray » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:42 am

As a reader.
@supaEZ and Caesar can you stop hijacking this thread. Your points have been made, everyboday has read them, can we please now go on reading about how the new kites fly etc...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:44 am

Most of our EPIC dealers will be getting the 4G kites as soon as they come out. But the RENEGADE models will be the first ones out and we should have these ready by middle of July.
Will have a new topic coming out soon called: EPICKITES 4G. This will give you a better idea of what's coming out.
:thumb:

P.S. Also if you are interested we do have few demos for sale such as: SCREAMER 9/12/14 (3G). Check our "On Line Store" or email Helen at: helen@epickites.com but hurry these won't last.
Attachments
DSC_0017.jpg
Helen owner of EPIC kites.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 am

This post was written by Mr.Flysurf77. It's about the SURF 8m prototype kite we have been working on. It looks like we are getting very close.
Few weeks ago I ve been flying/riding the first prototype of the SURF Kite 8m.
The wind was strong and the kite was way to powerful for me in those conditions, specially riding strapless.
What I could realize anyway is that the kite was also kind of slow in the turns/loop, making it even harder to play with.
Few days ago I had the chance to play in the ocean strapless with the new prototype SURF 8m from EPIC.
This time the wind was light, 13/17 knots, with some fun 3/5ft waves to surf.
Getting in the water, 2 guys were just getting out, one on 13m the other on 15m(they were heavier than me tho) and recommending to get a bigger kite to be able to ride!
I came here with the SURF 8m to try it, this is what I m gonna do! I m stubborn!!!
My two buddies joining me for the downwinder decided to leave their 9m kites in the car and pump the 11m.
POWER: I was powered enough to get out of the shore break, powered enough to ride upwind and powered enough to get some good speed down the wave!
I was surprised!
I obviously have to work it a bit in the 13s knots but this is where the turning speed comes in......
TURNING SPEED: Don D has made some great improvement on the briddle length and attachment on the LE and the the new SURF Kite is now turning like CRAZYYYYYYY!
It loops super fast and allow you to downloop it even when already close to the water.
It doesn t loose power or have any delay getting out of the loop.
It allows you to create a great amount of power by moving it up and down.
Nice job!
DRIFT: Even in this light wind condition going down the waves( It was on shore wind) the SURF Kite was just drifting in front of me without loosing tension in the lines allowing me to just surf and play with the wave.
RELAUCH: Pushing it a bit, I rode this long wave almost all the way to shore and after 3/4 kiteloop/downloop I finally crashed the beast in the shore breaks.
It swallowed a couple of big waves, didn t flip over, and I could easily relaunch it pulling one of the back line.
I recommend to use this kite( and the other EPIC in general) with the new 4G bar, as it has a longer throw line needed when surfing down the wave.
One last recommendation, but it would in my opinion work for any kite brand, when riding in the waves and crashing, do not use the 100% safety flag line as you might drift down into your lines and get tangle.
I always use my leash on a ¨Suicide¨mode when in the waves!
I usually ride waves in 25/35 knots so I can t wait to put my hands on the SURF 5m!!!! :naughty:
D, there is 30/35k of wind coming soon, any chance to get one of those mosquito kites!?!?!?!?!
Have a great day.
:mosh:

Return to “Kitesurfing”