flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Gear: Depends the mood
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Best place in Greece in June ?

Postby flysurfing » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:03 am

Hello All,

I am planning to go to Greece early June with family.

Which place would you recommend to be the best at that time of the year to go with family ?

I was thinking of Paros.

Thx for your inputs.

Cheers

Gokizza
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lennox head, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Brazil Iluh do Guarjiru, Gokova Bay turkey, Hawaii, WA australia, Sardegna,
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha switchblade 8m . RPM 6m, Twin tip 133cm
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best place in Greece in June ?

Postby Gokizza » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:48 am

this is the new clip from 'best' a trip to paros with the pros https://vimeo.com/123831261
i've been to naxos (next door to paros) 2012 and 2013 in may, the wind really doesn't kick in until june onwards, the place is called mikri vigla a beautiful kite spot overlooking paros, stayed at victorias on the beach and loved the greek laid back lifestyle. also lefkada which is a 5 hr bus ride from athens the only greek island accessible by road linked by a long bridge. milos beach is the spot there. also on rhodes a place called praganissi to the south of the island. good luck, theres wind on many islands in greece you just have to luck it with the wind. cheers k

flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Gear: Depends the mood

Postby flysurfing » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 am

Gokizza wrote:this is the new clip from 'best' a trip to paros with the pros https://vimeo.com/123831261
i've been to naxos (next door to paros) 2012 and 2013 in may, the wind really doesn't kick in until june onwards, the place is called mikri vigla a beautiful kite spot overlooking paros, stayed at victorias on the beach and loved the greek laid back lifestyle. also lefkada which is a 5 hr bus ride from athens the only greek island accessible by road linked by a long bridge. milos beach is the spot there. also on rhodes a place called praganissi to the south of the island. good luck, theres wind on many islands in greece you just have to luck it with the wind. cheers k
Hello,

thx for your answer.

do you think early june would be a good timing ?

Do you think as well paros to be the windiest place ? according to windfinder it seems ok.

thx u

dimip
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All over Naxos Island
Favorite Beaches: Glyfada Beach,
Amitis Bay
Style: My style :p
Gear: Griffin kites, Shinn monk, Rrd barracuda, F-one mitu

Postby dimip » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Go paros and if there isn't enough wind take the ferry to Naxos, its one hour only and we have minimum 4_5 knots more here, but more gusty also...

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Kos Dodekanesse .... very friendly easy flat city with bikes.Cheap hotels and cheap straight flights..

The spot is very uncrowded and always windy..

come and find me there..

http://windzone-kos.gr/

https://www.kite-booking.com/business/windzone-kos/

Rufusz
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Viganj, Croatia
El Médano, Tenerife
Style: Foil, Freeride
Gear: Kitech 6m2, 9m2, 15m2 foil kites
Moses Fluente
Flysurfer radical4

Postby Rufusz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Rhodes, Prasonisi. Windy all the time but not so much to do apart from kiting/windsurfing, so probably not the best with family...

kiteclub_gr
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo, Blankforce, Mystic,

Postby kiteclub_gr » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello flysurfing,

Paros is not such a good idea for early June, meltemi normally starts from the end of July to Semptember.

A good idea is to chase the thermal winds and visit places such as Lefkas in this period of time!

Rhodes is a good choice but not Prasonisi as in not so family friendly, Kremasti is the place to be as is closed to town and gives more alternative options for the family!

Also, an amazing spot that combines kite and family is Pefki in June, a green paradise located in North Evia!

Please check here: http://www.kitesguru.gr/

If you stop by Athens during your visit don’t forget that there is always the opportunity to kite with us: http://kiteinathens.gr/

cichenlùp
Medium Poster
Gear: Kite: RRD Obsession 12 - 9
Board: Arriba Arriba

Postby cichenlùp » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:27 am

kiteclub_gr wrote:Hello flysurfing,

Paros is not such a good idea for early June, meltemi normally starts from the end of July to Semptember.

A good idea is to chase the thermal winds and visit places such as Lefkas in this period of time!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hpr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: West Coast Cape Town
Gear: 5th gear

Postby Hpr » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:07 am

Hi kiteclub_gr,
I'll be in the Thessaloniki area during June/July, or to be more exact, east of Thessaloniki (Lake Volvi, Strymonian Gulf, also possibly Vourvourou). Is it worth taking a kite and what winds can I expect (best kite size)? (Can unfortunately not take more than 1 kite.)

kiteclub_gr
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo, Blankforce, Mystic,

Postby kiteclub_gr » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Hpr wrote:Hi kiteclub_gr,
I'll be in the Thessaloniki area during June/July, or to be more exact, east of Thessaloniki (Lake Volvi, Strymonian Gulf, also possibly Vourvourou). Is it worth taking a kite and what winds can I expect (best kite size)? (Can unfortunately not take more than 1 kite.)
Hello Hpr,

I am sorry but i dont have good news for you.. Thessaloniki town does not have any wind :( :( :( :( :( ....

You can kite at lake Volvi,there is a thermal wind but the polution is very high and most of the local guys have stop going there for that reason....

The most common spot is Agelochori but the wind is light, so for sure get your bigger kite.. the bigger the better....

Good luck..

Return to “Kitesurfing”