Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Infinity Splitboard - A unique waveboard for long journeys

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Nobile News:

Infinity Splitboard - A unique waveboard for long journeys!

infinity earth.jpg
infinity earth.jpg (32.71 KiB) Viewed 1155 times

This is first waveboard in the world which can be packed as standard luggage. Now you can travel to the most beautiful kite destinations without having to worry about oversize baggage charges. The top of the board is covered with EVA foam, which is incredibly comfortable and provides good control for strapless riding. The thin deck gives you exceptional board feeling and control while performing manoeuvres.

http://nobilekiteboarding.com/products/infinity-5%E2%80%989%E2%80%9C-carbon-split.html

Starring: Justyna Sierpinska (Nobile Pro Team), Jose Luengo (3x World Champion and Nobile Ambassador).

Production: Off creative

Hasse
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Agger, Hanstholm
Style: Wave and Wakestyle
Gear: Switch Kites, LF Boards
Brand Affiliation: Team Rider for Switch Kite

Re: Infinity Splitboard - A unique waveboard for long journe

Postby Hasse » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:49 pm

But I'm pretty sure I had a waveboard I could split and that fits in my big DakineBag. Should be good to know which size I will be when it is apart.

merl
Medium Poster

Postby merl » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:45 pm

This is first waveboard in the world which can be packed as standard luggage

Such bullshit. Newind, for example, has been making two and three part wave boards for years.
http://www.newind.net/splitboard/

cleepa
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cleepa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:07 pm

That video makes it look slow in the turn. Doesn't really look like a lot of fun to me...

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core Riot XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Shinn Bronq 136x42, Nobile Flying Carpet

Postby pmaggie » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:50 am

I don't think it will fit in a standard luggage, especially the 5.9 (that means 180 cm.). Split in half, the two halves are IMO not less then 95 cm. (180/2 = 90, add the surmounting parts and I think you're close to 1 mt.). The biggest standard luggage bags are not longer than about 80 cm. (e.g. this one, it's the biggest of the Da Kine collection, http://eu.dakine.com/p/backpacks-and-ge ... r-100l-16w). Usable internal width is normally about 40 cm., that means 5 or more cm. less than a standard surfboard.
I own an italian custom CKT carbon split board, 134x42. It splits in two halves, each one about 70 cm. (134/2 = 67, add about 3 cm. surmount). The two halves fit in my standard North travel bag but the width is the maximum the bag can contain and the lenght should allow I think no more than 10 more cm.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:07 am

Aaahhhh cmon I call Bullshit on this one. Really pisses me off to read that. "Unique" and "First in the world" my ass.

Shape, redecessed deck, full deckpad and flat-ish rocker line are a 95% copy of Underground Kipuna / Freewave, which was brought out what year? 2008? and has since been made by a couple other competitors as well. Give due credit to Mr. Adrian Roper, founder of Underground, now Axis Kiteboards, for his ingenious design, Nobile dickheads.

A split surf board? There are at least 5 companies and shapers out there who make split boards.

So, Nobile, fire your marketing idiot, and stuff that board right up his clueless ass, split or whole.

Da Yoda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless freestyle, Surf, Freeride
Gear: North, Tomo/Firewire, Loyd, Exile, Ion, WMFG

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Toby wrote:This is first waveboard in the world which can be packed as standard luggage.
I think it would be more accurately stated as the first "production" waveboard. The Underground FreeWave was the first production board of this type, but it did not split in half. The NeWind splitboards are custom, not production, so if Nobile were to simply use the word "production" in their marketing, then it would be precise.

Return to “Kitesurfing”