All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Infinity Splitboard - A unique waveboard for long journeys
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Nobile News:

Infinity Splitboard - A unique waveboard for long journeys!

Attachment:
infinity earth.jpg
infinity earth.jpg [ 32.71 KIB | Viewed 1038 times ]

This is first waveboard in the world which can be packed as standard luggage. Now you can travel to the most beautiful kite destinations without having to worry about oversize baggage charges. The top of the board is covered with EVA foam, which is incredibly comfortable and provides good control for strapless riding. The thin deck gives you exceptional board feeling and control while performing manoeuvres.

http://nobilekiteboarding.com/products/infinity-5%E2%80%989%E2%80%9C-carbon-split.html

Starring: Justyna Sierpinska (Nobile Pro Team), Jose Luengo (3x World Champion and Nobile Ambassador).

Production: Off creative

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Infinity Splitboard - A unique waveboard for long journe
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:49 pm 
Medium Poster

But I'm pretty sure I had a waveboard I could split and that fits in my big DakineBag. Should be good to know which size I will be when it is apart.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:45 pm 
Medium Poster

Quote:
This is first waveboard in the world which can be packed as standard luggage

Such bullshit. Newind, for example, has been making two and three part wave boards for years.
http://www.newind.net/splitboard/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:07 pm 
Frequent Poster

That video makes it look slow in the turn. Doesn't really look like a lot of fun to me...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:50 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I don't think it will fit in a standard luggage, especially the 5.9 (that means 180 cm.). Split in half, the two halves are IMO not less then 95 cm. (180/2 = 90, add the surmounting parts and I think you're close to 1 mt.). The biggest standard luggage bags are not longer than about 80 cm. (e.g. this one, it's the biggest of the Da Kine collection, http://eu.dakine.com/p/backpacks-and-ge ... r-100l-16w). Usable internal width is normally about 40 cm., that means 5 or more cm. less than a standard surfboard.
I own an italian custom CKT carbon split board, 134x42. It splits in two halves, each one about 70 cm. (134/2 = 67, add about 3 cm. surmount). The two halves fit in my standard North travel bag but the width is the maximum the bag can contain and the lenght should allow I think no more than 10 more cm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:07 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Aaahhhh cmon I call Bullshit on this one. Really pisses me off to read that. "Unique" and "First in the world" my ass.

Shape, redecessed deck, full deckpad and flat-ish rocker line are a 95% copy of Underground Kipuna / Freewave, which was brought out what year? 2008? and has since been made by a couple other competitors as well. Give due credit to Mr. Adrian Roper, founder of Underground, now Axis Kiteboards, for his ingenious design, Nobile dickheads.

A split surf board? There are at least 5 companies and shapers out there who make split boards.

So, Nobile, fire your marketing idiot, and stuff that board right up his clueless ass, split or whole.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:35 pm 
Frequent Poster

Toby wrote:
This is first waveboard in the world which can be packed as standard luggage.
I think it would be more accurately stated as the first "production" waveboard. The Underground FreeWave was the first production board of this type, but it did not split in half. The NeWind splitboards are custom, not production, so if Nobile were to simply use the word "production" in their marketing, then it would be precise.

[ 7 posts ]