Forum for kitesurfers
cali2sydney
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Questions about the 2013 Best Redline Performance Bar v3

Postby cali2sydney » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Hey guys,

For those of you familiar with Best, I'm hoping one of you can answer a few quick questions about their latest V3 bar.

I'm currently flying a 9.5 and 13.5 2009 Kahoona. It's time for me to upgrade my bar, and was wondering if there are any issues using the new 2013 Best Redline Performance Bar v3?

My main concern is around the safety system. The new V3 bar says it can completely flag the kite on a center line safety? I'm not sure how that's actually possible? The bar I'm currently using has OSR handles on each end for 100% kite flagging. I generally hook the leash into the center line safety on the old bar, but that doesn't give you a kite that is 100% flagged.

Interested to hear how this works?

Cheers

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Questions about the 2013 Best Redline Performance Bar v3

Postby jumarcil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:42 pm

cali2sydney wrote:Hey guys,

For those of you familiar with Best, I'm hoping one of you can answer a few quick questions about their latest V3 bar.

I'm currently flying a 9.5 and 13.5 2009 Kahoona. It's time for me to upgrade my bar, and was wondering if there are any issues using the new 2013 Best Redline Performance Bar v3?

My main concern is around the safety system. The new V3 bar says it can completely flag the kite on a center line safety? I'm not sure how that's actually possible? The bar I'm currently using has OSR handles on each end for 100% kite flagging. I generally hook the leash into the center line safety on the old bar, but that doesn't give you a kite that is 100% flagged.

Interested to hear how this works?

Cheers
It flags the kite one one of the front steering line instead of two (just like slingshot). On the other hand all these system have one major flaw, if your kite goes into a spiral of death (kiteloop) and you dont hit the qr fast enough, after a couple of loop your lines will be so twisted that the system wont work, it wont be able to slide on that mini 5th line.

The OSR do work, but you cant ride with your leash attach to them all the time. It is a real pain when you're doing rotation, and there is also a risk of sending the kite in a Kiteloop when you relaunch (if the leash goes on top of the bar.)

Check on page 4, it explains the principle of one line flagging, it is from a liquid force manual.

http://liquidforcekites.com/wp-content/ ... Manual.pdf

Return to “Kitesurfing”