All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Forget kiting- check out this
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:39 am 
Rare Poster

too noisy, polluting the waters, and more like a "show up" for the others, than enjoying yourself.
On the other hand, our kites harvest the power of the wind, not fossil minerals, our boards are close to zero impact to the environment (especially the wood/bamboo ones) and WE HAVE FUN WHILE RIDDING!!!
So, yeah, sort of the jetski hype: do it 10 mins and be done with it ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Just look what they just did on maui over the weekend
windsurfing still rocks

http://vimeo.com/52437030

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I seen this here on another thread. It's interesting at first glance but the 2nd glance not so much. It's gotta be a gas gusslin machine just like the water sleds. I can smell the petrol from a water sled up to half a km upwind from me when I'm out on the water.

I feel bad enough driving 45 min to go kiteboarding... I can't imagine towing a sled of any kind that far and then loading it with petrol and watching it burn off in about an hour of play time.

That shit's not for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:23 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Pretty interesting that kiters here, are all responding about the same way.
We seem to like our, ..no fossil fuel, ..from nature power source toys better.
I am also bored to tears by jetskis and motor boats, big slow motorcycles, sports cars.
I always liked snow skiing and snowboarding better than water skiing because the water skiing required me to follow the boat with a tether and was very limiting.
Seems the same types of personalities find surfing, para gliding, hang gliding, windsurfing, kiteboarding, kayaking, mountain/road biking etc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:07 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I was just thinking... what would happen if the pilot accidentally sat on the intake tube... would everything just get sucked up and disappear? I seen a similar scenario on the bugs bunny road runner hour ... I guess that would be a few years back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:31 am 
Frequent Poster

Seems like towing the jetski is a huge hazard. Maybe I'm missing something but I saw the ski rip towards the person after a crash reminding me of kiteboard leashes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:54 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Ummm.............PASS.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:57 am 
Frequent Poster

FabsPH wrote:
Just look what they just did on maui over the weekend
windsurfing still rocks

http://vimeo.com/52437030

Meh... Poledancers. :rollgrin:

I remember trying windsurfing a couple times on a friend's rig, and I got to the point where I could stand on it and get it to stay upwind, then I fell off the back of it one time, came up out of the water, and the mast came down in a diagonal chopping motion, hit me right in the side of the jaw and damned near knocked me out cold. From that point on, I was done with windsurfing. These guys doing it in giant waves, where you could end up tumbling in your gear in the equivalent of a giant horizontal washing machine, with virtually every part of your gear hard enough to potentially KO your ass underwater. I'll pass! :o

I think the jet thing would be a blast to do for about an hour, assuming someone else shelled out the $$ to buy it and fill it with gas, towed it to the location and set it up for me. After an hour, it would either be out of gas, or I would have died of sheer boredom. Let's face it, the three tricks you can do with it are dolphin diving, corkscrewing around, and flipping. How many variations of that can you do before you're done with it, and all of a sudden the money you spent buying it and filling it with gas and the time you spend setting it up all seem a little silly?

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2