Favorite Beaches: Hvide Sande
Style: Freeride / Wave
Gear: Slingshot Rally / Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot / Flysurfer / LF / Core
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot Bar / QR - Questions

Postby alohasurfer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:38 am

lewmt wrote:If you're going to be snowkiting much you'll probably end up hating the white SS lines also unless you never ever crash your kite & it never spins around on the ground & inverts or anything. Also if you always kite in perfect bluebird conditions where you can acually see those white lines.

bluebird conditions would be great .. but i can count these days on one hand :wink: i had to change my backlines after a snowkiter cut the lines with the board... and now i have coloured ones :D

I switched to an Ozone zephyr bar for my 14M(similar trim line length). Perfect combo. Great kite - nice bar & lines w/easy to reach depower and colored lines which make it easy to see if anything got crossed in that last screw up...also if you like to keep the bar & lines attached in winter for ease of setup in the cold. All you have to do is change the pigtails because the kook proof knots are opposite on Ozone vs. Slingshot. I've used that same bar with the 10M also & had no issues in performance.
Thnnx a lot for your comment :thumb:

alohasurfer
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Brouwersdam / Workum
Lake
Favorite Beaches: Hvide Sande
Style: Freeride / Wave
Gear: Slingshot Rally / Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot / Flysurfer / LF / Core

Postby alohasurfer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:40 am

fdvj wrote:If you have the naish QR it is a straight swap, the slingshot depower line fits onto the QR. I have done this with no problems, and the Slingshot depower lines a r less than half the price here.
that is realy worth for me...

does it mean that you just changed the ss release into a naish one? anything else stayed the same? think that this is the way for me..so i do not have to buy a totally new bar...

g0nz0
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot, Lepe, Poole, Meon, Hillhead
Gear: Slingshot Rally, Naish Momentum, Custom surfboard, Skimboards
Brand Affiliation: 24-7 Boardsports employee & shop rider

Postby g0nz0 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Yeah, that should work, just change over the chicken loop & the depower line. Probably worth measuring the lengths of the depower lines so you can see if there is a difference in your trim.

I think the narrow top on the Slingy release, is to stop you occasionally catching your thumb between the top of the release and the bar when you ride with your hands in the middle :thumb: Not a problem with gloves though I guess.

Also worth a note is that the 2013 Airush bars (smart & analog) will have a single front line flagging safety as standard. This was apparently changed in response to the regulations in several countries, which allow only single line flagging systems in kite schools. Airush & slingy have the kook proof connectors the same way round - I'm flying Varial X 2013's on my compstick bar.

Dan
24-7 Boardsports

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby fdvj » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:19 pm

I only changed the QR and chicken loop everything else remains slingshot. Check that the qr still operates freely before using.

Return to “Kitesurfing”