All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Surfboard shape of the future?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:04 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Can't wait to get my mitts on one of these. Anyone seen/demo one. Screwfoot?

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/surfb ... d=vanguard

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Surfboard shape of the future?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 am 
Very Frequent Poster

iblocalsurfer wrote:
Can't wait wait to get my mitts on one of these. Anyone see/demo one. Screwfoot?

Looks good...but future? I dunno...would seem to me to be taking a cue from the mini-simmons that are around.

The mini-simmons have been around for quite some time.

Check out the freesurf article:
http://freesurfmagazine.com/one-man-all-by-hand/

They comre in all sorts of shapes and fin configurations. The shaper in this pic will easily make you a custom one custom glass and paint job for a very reasonable price.

Super popular boards. Realizing that you don't need a nose unless you are in something super steep... :-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:03 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Seen a guy surfing one a few weeks ago, thought it was an old kiteboard at first from a distance. I like how many different boards are around nowdays, a generation of riders were on the wrong boards for sure when everything was low volume pointy 6 -18 -2 1/4 10 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:43 am 
Very Frequent Poster

longwhitecloud wrote:
Seen a guy surfing one a few weeks ago, thought it was an old kiteboard at first from a distance. I like how many different boards are around nowdays, a generation of riders were on the wrong boards for sure when everything was low volume pointy 6 -18 -2 1/4 10 years ago.

definitely..well I would say there is definitely a place for that shape too, but again it depends on what you are using it for.

I love it how finally (with some limitation) there is some more radical movement even in the surf industry. Just about gone is the old fish..but the new fatty boards now are agile and fast.

IMO the newer boards are even taking a cue from standup boards with volume distribution and tapered rails. I love it. Yeah I know not exactly new, but still a newer direction.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm 
Medium Poster

tautologies wrote:
iblocalsurfer wrote:
Can't wait wait to get my mitts on one of these. Anyone see/demo one. Screwfoot?

Looks good...but future? I dunno...would seem to me to be taking a cue from the mini-simmons that are around.

The mini-simmons have been around for quite some time.

Check out the freesurf article:
http://freesurfmagazine.com/one-man-all-by-hand/

They comre in all sorts of shapes and fin configurations. The shaper in this pic will easily make you a custom one custom glass and paint job for a very reasonable price.

Super popular boards. Realizing that you don't need a nose unless you are in something super steep... :-)

got an idea how much they are approx ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

buzzz wrote:
got an idea how much they are approx ?

when I talked with the guys at my local store, I think we talked about 650 with a single 6oz on the bottom, double 6oz with carbon under the feet. I'm guessing a custom paint job would another $50.
I talked with them before having my after session coffee so my brain did not work as well as I would hope...

The problem isn't the custom job it is waiting for the board :-)

The board in the article is more expensive...and it has glassed in fins which I would not want.

Attachments:
PINDER.jpg
PINDER.jpg [ 308.76 KIB | Viewed 683 times ]
 [ 6 posts ]