All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Kite Companies You listen!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Okay today as I rolled up my kite in windy conditions I watched a guy riding North next to me up roll his kite alot fast than me. It has a release valve on the end I was halfway done he hoped in his buggy and drove off. In windy conditions rolling up on the beach can be a ....

I want more kite companies to put all the killer features like this that others are doing on the kites I like, and oh yeah no more raisng prices hehe. :thumb:

What are your recommendations for them to hear?

I also like bars that have plastic covering the depower line no exposed rope that needs changing after 20 or 30 sessions. :argue:

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Kite Companies You listen!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 pm 
Medium Poster

Jbrook wrote:
I also like bars that have plastic covering the depower line no exposed rope that needs changing after 20 or 30 sessions. :argue:

What is fine for you is not fine for me. I snowkite and usually plastic depower tubes freeze and then crack. Also chicken sticks might freeze and break. Use wax (bow string f.ex) at your depower ropes to prolong their life. :thumb:

But I agree that you should be able to buy different bar setups to your preferences.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

North has done that for ages

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 pm 
Medium Poster

Seriously? That is not a feature. It is crap like that on kites and the marketing BS that I don't like.
Just learn how to pack up a kite. Additional things like that on a kite create far more annoying issues than they solve. Extra wear point, Leak point, thing to remember to close when you bup up, snag point for wingtip lines, bladder replacement issue...... Thankfully BEST listened and dropped that gimmick off their kites.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Haha if you have nothing you would like to see on the kite you ride well you have nothing to add to the post. Funny how you start a post and forget how angry some people are. Just constructive conversation here buddy. :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I tend to look at threads like this and get why there are so many different designs out there. people are different, have different needs and wants and it is impossible to satisfy everyone at once, but I generally like to see how some companies try to solve problems or add small features to make it a little bit better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm 
Frequent Poster

how about NO on wingtip deflate. i hate that. and also believe that North kites specifically are the most irritating and difficult kites to pack up, and are impossible to pack small. this may not apply to every model they ever made, just every single one i have ever dealt with.

on the topic of other cool features, im all for them, whatever they are.

actually LF has a pretty nice inflation system going right now. not sure how it holds up over time or issues that occur with it, but every time ive used it it's been sweet. short fat pump is pretty weak tho.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:33 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Taut nailed what I was trying to say!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 pm 
Medium Poster

I'd add a couple of things in that vein - packdown - that kite companies might want some feedback on.

Where I live we don't have great conditions all the time, only 20-40 days a year depending on what you call great. When it's good I like to kite until I'm spent. Any extra effort that I have to make after a long session is twice as hard. Kites that don't have big enough one pump tubing back to the main bladder means that I have to push all the air out of the struts manually and then roll it up. Same deal with the bags - I don't want to fight to put it back in the bag. Please spend little extra on materials so that I can put a quickly rolled kite in with ease.

Also the retractable bungies on bar ends - if you don't like them don't use them, but keeping the lines in order means a quicker safer setup and on the water faster. I have to guess that it's about a dollar in manufacturing costs to add them. No downside that I can see.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:17 am 
Very Frequent Poster

K.I.S.S..

The kite will fly better if it is lighter and break less if there are fewer parts.

A tip: Its very east to tie 2 half hitches around the end of the bar with all four or five lines. Also multi pump vs one pump requires the same number of strokes on the pump.

I miss the carbon bars.

Bicyclists pay hundreds of dollars to save a few grams. Think about weight!

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next