All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kite Companies You listen!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:27 am 
Frequent Poster

Hard to argue with either of the video methods.

My 16m SB is a bitch to roll because it's just a lot of kite, but I'm going to have a try at tacoing it and rolling from the trailing edge like the video. The biggest problem with my SB is the struts near the wingtips won't deflate easily. I have to kneel on them sometimes for 30 seconds while massaging the connecting tube mounts to get them to deflate. Anyone else have this issue with a 2011 switchblade?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:36 am 
Very Frequent Poster

JamesVegas wrote:
How can people get to the stage where they can kite but they can't work out how to fold a fcuking kite?
[...]
Here's a tip, if you cant work out how to fold it you're probably better off on a bow kite.

well to me it is nice to know that some companies listen to users. Blaming users is a great way to become obsolete. You'll end up with a product that users cannot and will not use due to frustrations.

Any thread like this any company better keep an eye on. Sure you cannot solve every problem, but a willingness to listen is key.
One solution would maybe be to consider how you can communicate better how they should properly fold up the kite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:45 am 
Very Frequent Poster

+1 what J. Vegas says. :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:40 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yo cool guy James Vegas so funny always someone starts hating on a post. I live where you dream on going on vacation I kite like 320 days a year, so I kite more than you in strong side shore wind. Having a kite I can roll up straight down one way will be a benefit for me in my kite lasting, less sand in the valve. Believe it or not I just figured why not start listing features of kites people like then an ass like you has to start flaming troll sux it :bye:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Jbrook wrote:
Yo cool guy James Vegas so funny always someone starts hating on a post. I live where you dream on going on vacation I kite like 320 days a year, so I kite more than you in strong side shore wind. Having a kite I can roll up straight down one way will be a benefit for me in my kite lasting, less sand in the valve. Believe it or not I just figured why not start listing features of kites people like then an ass like you has to start flaming troll sux it :bye:

Word...

I love the dump vavle were it is on north gear and when it is light and not enough wind to just grab a wing tip n un roll, I just pump in to the dump vavle in till the kite unrolls on its own and is half pumped then I go to the inflate vavle to finish.

Plus when it is windy you are on little kite, Being able to roll the kie to the wing tip up and off the ground also keeps my gear much cleaner.....And in the snow or sand you can shake the kite out as you roll it up with less snow or sand....

Oh and then there is how the North line flys...which is way more impressivce then the dump valvue on the wing tip..

BB

team North

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm 
Frequent Poster

Jbrook wrote:

I am trying to work out your very badly written post, it's quite difficult but I'll give it a go.

How am I hating exactly? I just think it's funny when people moan about things that are simple to work out, like rolling a kite. And seriously, complaining about a deflate valve being on the end of a kite and having to roll it all out!!

I don't dream of going on vacation, if I want to go I go.

Can't work out the rest of what you said.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

JamesVegas wrote:
Jbrook wrote:

I am trying to work out your very badly written post, it's quite difficult but I'll give it a go.

How am I hating exactly? I just think it's funny when people moan about things that are simple to work out, like rolling a kite. And seriously, complaining about a deflate valve being on the end of a kite and having to roll it all out!!

I don't dream of going on vacation, if I want to go I go.

Can't work out the rest of what you said.

Yo man JBrook, JamesVegas agreed to what you said man, he said kite easier to fold with valve at the tip, just flamed a little a couple of haters of you but you not understand and wrote that he flamed you which is wrong man, read posts carefully man, nice we still agree North system very good man, yo :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Funny if you have nothing to add go away Ned and James dont just agree and then flame a little you trolls. If you cant understand what I wrote James go back to English 101, stick to the meat girls give some suggestions or go play in your sandbox.

JB :bye:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Jbrook wrote:
Funny if you have nothing to add go away Ned and James dont just agree and then flame a little you trolls. If you cant understand what I wrote James go back to English 101, stick to the meat girls give some suggestions or go play in your sandbox.

JB :bye:

:) :thumb: :bye:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:37 pm 
Frequent Poster

If the kite has big wingtip battens, I prefer the dump valve in the middle.
No battens I don't care.
Let me explain. .
When rolling from one end to the other on a larger kite it is likely to get some misalignment as you're rolling, none of the edges on the kite are straight so you have no real reference point if you are rolling it straight or a little cock eyed.
If the kite has big wing tip battens unless you're somewhat careful, they may end up misaligning nsthe batte by the time you are finished going from 1 end to the other. and then the kite does not fold nicely in the bag. and you have to jerk around with it a little.

If you fold the kite in half first before rolling, the battens are ALWAYS aligned and it takes half the time to roll it.

I can still do this by opening the dump valve AND the inflate valve, it just doesn't let the air out as fast as something like a naish which has (or had...not sure) the dump valve in the center. So I have to dry hump the kite a bit more to get the air out.

I don't really care either way, but a big valve in the the middle of the kite. always seemed a bit faster , provided you had the forsight to fold the kite before rolling.

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next