forum for kitesurfers
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 349
- Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:13 am
- Kiting since: 0
- Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
- Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
- Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: The planet
I know the new Cabrinha 2013 can be flown without a leash, as a safety line is built into the chicken loop.
I there any other bar that this is possible with?
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 4464
- Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
- Kiting since: 2010
- Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
- Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton
no only cab has the QR1 QR2 leashless system. but be careful flying cab leashless system on non-cabrinha kites, the control stick doesn't flag the kite but depends on the bridle to depower the kite wont work with all kites. you can mod some bars to become leashless, for instance you could start with a liquid force bar which also has the chicken loop that always stays on the spreader even when you flag, cut a regular leash down to about 6 inches, and then attach the QR loop onto the chicken loop using a cutdown leash. Then you would have the same kind of QR1, QR2 system as cabrinha, the QR1 is the regular push safety release and the QR 2 is the cutdown leash.
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 10 guests