Looking for a quick review - Slingshot 2011 Fuel 11

Forum for kitesurfers
laz
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for a quick review - Slingshot 2011 Fuel 11

Postby laz » Sat May 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Have chance to buy one at a great price now.

I am an advanced rider. Like more oldschool big airs then handle passes.

I fly a taboo and love it. I tried the 2009 fuel and didn't like it that much felt kind of slow. But tried the 2007 and 2006 fuel and loved it. How does the 2011 compare? Does the kite boost big?

The 2011 will relaunch by pulling a side line correct?

Would love an answer ASAP ;)

THANKS N GOOD WINDS

OCKiter
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Looking for a quick review - Slingshot 2011 Fuel 11

Postby OCKiter » Sun May 19, 2013 8:28 am

I love Fuels - won't ride anything but them, but Fuels are for riders who unhook, kiteloop, and/or want the feel and steady pull of a c-kite, not for people who are into old school big airs.

For boosting, you'll need very good timing whereas a bow kite is more forgiving - just pull in on the bar and up you go. If you time it right, the Fuel will rip you off the water, but it will also drop you a lot quicker than a bow kite. If you really want to boost old school big airs, you probably want to be overpowered on a bow kite. Being overpowered on a c-kite is more of a handful and isn't as pleasant.

Fuels relaunch by pulling an outside line pretty easily as long as you have your board on your feet. If you lose your board and the wind is light, it's definitely tougher to relaunch than a bow kite. If you have your board, it's really easy to reverse launch, too.

2010 - 2013 Fuels are all very similar, only minor improvements.

But my advice, the Fuel isn't what you're looking for. Generally speaking, if you don't know if the Fuel is right for you, it's probably not.

laz
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: Looking for a quick review - Slingshot 2011 Fuel 11

Postby laz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Got the kite. Rode it twice so far.

Day one - Way overpowered but so much fun. Was jumping 30 feet and coming down with just the right amount of speed that the landing were smooth. Love it

Day two - Less wind - kite feels a little slow but overall pulls like a truck and is fun to ride.

Popping off waves is awesome with the 2011 fuel. Hooked in rallys I can do for 20 feet distance with perfect landings just barely powered up. Once the kite starts moving it really creates power and speed. I feel like the 11 fuel pulls like a 12 or 13 bow kite.

Not going to lie the fuel does have less depower then a bow kite but with the slingshot safety system I do not see this as too much of a problem at all. If anything it teaches you how to edge against the kite the old fashioned way !!!

Overall I would give it a 8.5 out of 10. I would like to try the RPM and compare.

Return to “Kitesurfing”