All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: North directional strap too small
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 pm 
Medium Poster

Hello

Is it just me? Got the yellow North straps and for my size 10 and 5 mm boots I find them to small. Is there any good tricks to make them a little bigger?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: North directional strap too small
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Loose the boots, and buy a new set of bigger straps for the cold season (boot season) :thumb:

As very very few straps are good for handling both smaller feet natural, AND bigger feet with thick boots too.
Even if possible, they would be quite heavy and chunky often :o

Doing it that way, you can set both pairs up to fit you personally and perfect, so you dont have to waste a lot of time adjusting up and down and testing, when changing from summer to winther setup :naughty:

Just an idea...

8) PF

PS: I dont have the yellow one myself - is it an adjustable one, or fixed and adjustable only by moving screws ? North have both types.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:49 am 
Very Frequent Poster

kas911 wrote:
Hello

Is it just me? Got the yellow North straps and for my size 10 and 5 mm boots I find them to small. Is there any good tricks to make them a little bigger?

... a couple of ideas:

- maybe check for any extra holes in the webbing of the strap so you can reposition the screws further out.
- you might have to make a few holes extra your self, not sure if there is enough room.
- and this might be obvious but have you pulled the little strap, is it set for max, ie has it been let out for max size.
- screw the strap into different holes on the board ie make the distance between them narrower so the strap sits higher.

Funny thing, my friends got the same straps with size 11 feet and he complains the strap is too big.

cheers,

Robbie :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:58 am 
Very Frequent Poster

You are aware that by pushing on the buckle under the yellow area you can adjust the straps... aren't you?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:52 pm 
Medium Poster

ya, i know how to adjust them with the strap. Narrowed them in so they are one screw hole narrower than normal. Its a little snug in the sides but now at least they are high enough for my "high" foot :) Cant wait to try out my new wam 6'0 2013 :) Strapless too but that will wait till Tenerife where the water is not so damn cold as here 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:25 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
I am size 10 foot and I was riding yesterday with 5mm booties and those exact straps. I find them very loose at the maximum setting. Perhaps you aren't expanding them enough when you adjust them. You have to pull hard to open the strap as you press on the buckle.

:wink: CG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

cglazier wrote:
I am size 10 foot and I was riding yesterday with 5mm booties and those exact straps. I find them very loose at the maximum setting. Perhaps you aren't expanding them enough when you adjust them. You have to pull hard to open the strap as you press on the buckle.

:wink: CG

Everything he says is correct
Those exact North straps (we have 2 boards with them) are know to be extra extra loose when out
When all out ( max looseness) the end tab of the trimmer will butt against the top of the strap slot

I have a friend with size 14 foot and it is way too loose for him when all out ( bare foot)
My observations are with a 7 inches distance between the screws into the straps

Taking it down to only 6 inches wide is very uncomfortable when riding a surfboard
Show us another photo of your actual straps with only 3/4 inches of the trim tab end sticking out

[ 7 posts ]