Forum for kitesurfers
JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Help a mate launch or land, with your kite in the air

Postby JGTR » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 am

Flight Time wrote:
plummet wrote: Yes indeed it can happen. It also depends on the kite. my old 09 edge loved to roll backward and the dart into the powerzone. That was a kite not suitable for teathered launch. Plus when it a super gusty location. the kite can catch a wing tip when drifting in the lulls roll back and slam through the powerzone.

Don't believe it wont happen.!
(Don't try to convince them not to risk their asses! They will do it anyway, and some may perish, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Let Darwin sort them out!)

Do it! Launch and land each other while flying! One kiter with a kite in the air can hold a chicken loop in each hand, and fly his kite with a foot! The kites are very weak and docile, and all of them are exactly the same and will always be predictable! You can do it! :lol:
Ah well if you don't feel comfortable doing it then maybe stay at home with your hot chocolate and hot water bottle :thumb:

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 pm

We also land Large foils the same way, that can be quite sketchy too!

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby eree » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm

tautologies wrote:
Thor SFBay wrote:As far as holding onto a kite while flying your own... what about larger kites? My usual kite is a 12m and I've noticed that a lot of smaller people struggle to hold it in position during launch. Because of their short stature, they end up holding it too far below the center strut and the kite tries to bend. I can only imagine the difficulty they would have with an even bigger kite or trying to hold my kite while flying theirs.
No then they / you have bad technique. You should be able to hold a kite with a finger really. If the kite is behaving erratically then it is at the wrong angle. They should also just lift up the kite. No power or size needed...just a bit of technique. :-)
same here, i don't think the kiters dimensions matter during "help a mate launch or land, with your kite in the air", or in fact in any other "help a mate launch or land" case.

what is important the "mate" has to take all the power of his kite on his harness hook at the right time, chose the right angle and command the release of the kite by the helper at the right moment.

Return to “Kitesurfing”