Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fuse 2011 Pigtail Settings

Postby hmattar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Hello guys, I justs got a 2011 Fuse from a friend, and when I checked the pigtail setup for the back line attachment i got confused.

In the manual, it says the medium bar pressure you need to attach after the 1st knot and for the soft bar pressure you attach after the second knot. Just as in my rebel 2012.

But in the fuse, there's a stick in the backlines stating the opposite.

Maybe a wrong sticker position?

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Re: Fuse 2011 Pigtail Settings

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:35 am

This is a simple and a complicated question.
The simple response is that you should ignore any literature... The further back (closer to the TE) the connection point gets, the lighter the bar pressure.

The reason it's a little complicated is that some of our literature (perhaps even the labels on your kite) were at one point backwards.

It's even more complicated because checking out the manual online (choose your language here: http://www.northkites.com/north-life/ma ... ites/2011/), it looks like they put the knots on the front connecting line of the triangle, rather than on the rear connecting line as on the 2013 Rebel.

Assuming this is the case, the labels on the online manual are correct... Using the outside knots will effectively move the connection point back towards the TE which will yield lower bar pressure and quicker response. Using the inside knots will move the connection point forward, give you higher bar pressure and more power through the turns.

Hope this helps, and if you are in doubt there are a few ways to find out for certain... you can hit me back with any more questions/details about the setup, you can take the kite to your dealer, or you can fly the thing on the two settings and see for yourself.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help with this.

-Dan

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fuse 2011 Pigtail Settings

Postby hmattar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:32 am

Dan, just to be clear.
On the picture that shows 2 knots, and the line attached between the 2 knots is the soft bar pressure?
And I should think like that no matter what kite(fuse 2011, rebel 2012 and rebel 2013)?

Dan, since I found you here. I have 4 different bars(2011 and 2012) and one of the 2011 the roto-head is stuck and wont turn.
Tried leaving insided sweet water no change. Any tip to lube this part?

Thanks for all the tips!

Return to “Kitesurfing”