How old are your gear?

Forum for kitesurfers
Jono 111
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How old IS your gear?

Postby Jono 111 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:34 pm

AndKite wrote:The equipment i actually own is really old, its a OR bronco 9m from 2003 and a naish X3 18m, also 03 and a full carbon f-one sk8 from 03 too i think, or maybe 04. Board was bought second hand at surf one in leucate, france. Goooood memories.

Ride the board sometimes, kites dont see the light of day much anymore unfortunately.

I mostly ride the schools stuff.

Anyone else bothered by the title? is, it should be is. Not important, just a thorn in my grammar-eye every time i see the frontpage.. :) sorry.
AndKite - I'm glad that you are focused on bad grammar. Unfortunately, your post contains at least seven errors. I love irony. :)

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: How old are your gear?

Postby William Munney » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am

The oldest kite I currently use is a 2008 Rebel 16. The rest are 2010, 11 and a 2012 Rebel 12 that I just bought new. I also have a quiver of 08-09 Thrusters but haven't used them since I switched to North.

AndKite
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, waves

Postby AndKite » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 am

Jono 111 wrote:AndKite - I'm glad that you are focused on bad grammar. Unfortunately, your post contains at least seven errors. I love irony. :)
:)

Of that, i have no doubts. I imagine a total loss of ' for starters. Oh, and i rarely capitalize i.

Irony is golden. :)

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style

Postby prayfawind27 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 am

AndKite wrote:
Jono 111 wrote:AndKite - I'm glad that you are focused on bad grammar. Unfortunately, your post contains at least seven errors. I love irony. :)
:)

Of that, i have no doubts. I imagine a total loss of ' for starters. Oh, and i rarely capitalize i.

Irony is golden. :)

you are bothered by my post, but! yet, here you are commenting on it
, there are literally thousands of more interesting threads you could of engaged in but you choose the one that bothers you, you've commented and bitched at the same time,WTF! Please tell me
you're a bleeder, because I completely and tottally refuse to believe a dude would do shit like that

papand
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Korsør
Gear: VEGAS BABY - 2012
Brand Affiliation: Local store owner, i sell north, slingshot, naish, flexifoil.

Postby papand » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 pm

change every year due to hard conditions at my home spot- and 175+ sessions a year

Currently
2012 Silverarrow 19m
2013 Vegas 12
2013 Vegas 9
2013 Vegas 7

LF DLX 2011 Board with boots

AndKite
Medium Poster

Postby AndKite » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 pm

prayfawind27 wrote:you are bothered by my post, but! yet, here you are commenting on it
, there are literally thousands of more interesting threads you could of engaged in but you choose the one that bothers you, you've commented and bitched at the same time,WTF! Please tell me
you're a bleeder, because I completely and tottally refuse to believe a dude would do shit like that
I do sincerely enjoy your post and thread, the subject and what people are writing in it. That is why i posted in it with my own comment on my old stuff.

Regarding the grammar note, that was posted as a side note to the subject, not intended to be taken seriously. It was ment as a joke. I do realize, however, it was perceived as serious and not as a joke, and for that I am sorry. That was not my intention.

Whether I am a bleeder or not, I don't know, since I'm not sure what it means.

Jono 111
Frequent Poster

Postby Jono 111 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 pm

prayfawind....that's quite a harsh response I think.

It's winter now....a couple of guys having a laugh about something trivial, that's all. AndKite wasn't being a jerk, at all. Probably just bored, like I am, planning the next trip to somewhere like the place you get to live. I'm jealous!

It's all good fun (until somebody loses an eye).

Oh, and thread wise, 2011 Rebels. I like to replace my stuff every 2 years when it first comes out. So (over)due now.....

Cheers
Jono

AndKite
Medium Poster

Postby AndKite » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Jono 111 wrote:AndKite wasn't being a jerk, at all. Probably just bored, like I am, planning the next trip to somewhere like the place you get to live. I'm jealous!
Funny how correct you are in that statement! Cape Verde in 2 weeks, for the winter. :) Cheers!

Lanc
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Cape Town
Favorite Beaches: Paje, Zanzibar
Green Island, Antigua
Low Bay, Barbuda
Style: Wave and Old School
Gear: Switchblade/Nomad/Drifter/Pivot/Rebel/Nitro
Underground FLX 132
F-One Mitu Monteiro Pro

Postby Lanc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:08 am

I buy one new (or good close to new secondhand) kite a year to replace whichever is the oldest or most used in my quiver. At the moment have 2x2010, 1x2011 and 1x2013 in 5,7,9,11m. Oh and in 2012 I brought a new board. So I keep my kites about three to four seasons. My main reason for replacing gear is fear of something breaking while on a long remote downwinder or kite vacation where immediate replacement is not an option.

Kober1974
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Hook NJ

Postby Kober1974 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:01 am

mostly 2011-2012
my race foils are from 2007 and are the oldest in my possession ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”