Style: WAKE
Gear: slingy fuels
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hannah Whiteley for Top Girl Shredder in 2012

Postby kitenake » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:26 am

http://www.inmotionkitesurfing.com/girl-kitesurfer-2012

Rode in Euro with her this summer. absolutely kills it and deserves more recognition. I want to see her kill it at the sss and Ro sham.

Vote for Hannah so she can get more funding get more girls into the sport that way we have more chicks to look at at the beach

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Vikb
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nihtnat, Vancouver Island, BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Freeride...
Gear: Ocean Rodeo

Re: Hannah Whiteley for Top Girl Shredder in 2012

Postby Vikb » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 pm

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm still undecided. Have to study them a little more.I'm basing my vote strictly on looks.50% body, 50% facial beauty.Yea I know I'm shallow, oh well

kitenake
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pismo
Favorite Beaches: portugal spain australia
Style: WAKE
Gear: slingy fuels

Postby kitenake » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:03 pm

then Hannah should be your vote all other chicks are BEAT

:jump: :jump:

AndKite
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, waves

Postby AndKite » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm

This is funny. It says most influential, and i guess influential is relative to what and who is influenced. So from a personal perspective, it can of course be anyone, if she influenced you the most, in whatever way, vote for her.

Looking from the perspective of the industry and what is going on in the kiting world, i have a hard time seeing anyone beating Kristine Boese, given her fight for the olympics and her involvement in KSP world tour, yet she is 3rd from the bottom. Also, Tatiana Howard who is running girls camps and working hard to get more girls riding, is dead last. The only one who is doing these type of things (that i know of) and staying up top is Susi Mai.

I'll be honest, i did not read much of any descriptions. And I imagine that is the case for most. I have no problem with these kinds of "competitions", the question is, will this really determine the most influential kite girl of the year?

kitesurfJunkie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kitebeach, Durban, South Africa
Favorite Beaches: Ilha Quisiva, Mozambique
Style: Freestyle, Wave riding
Gear: F-One Bandit IV

Postby kitesurfJunkie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 am

The problem is that girls like Kristin, who are undoubtedly influential, if not the "most influential" are so busy being influential, that they don't have time to campaign for votes like some of the other girls are. Kristin is incredibly busy organizing the next KSP stop at the moment, so she can’t do this herself...

So in that sense, unless fans who believe a girl like Kristin should win or be voted the most influential help spread the word for her, then no, the competition probably won't determine who is doing the most for kitesurfing or who the most influential really is, but it will determine who has a large following of dedicated fans who are willing to take action for them, which probably is an aspect of influence in a way, but it certainly isn't the whole picture.

But even if these girls don’t end up winning, the competition still created exposure for what they are doing, and hopefully that is a worthy goal in itself.

Disclaimer: I am the organiser of the competition, so if you have any constructive criticism or suggestions on how to improve on what we are doing, please do let me know.

Our ultimate goal is to generate attention and exposure for girls in kitesurfing, so as to attract more girls to kitesurfing, and in my opinion, all the hype and buzz does this, regardless of who wins in the end... but feel free to disagree.

Brendon

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm

How about a drawing for a dream date with winner? :remybussi:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

It's a shame to see contest like this reduced to 'nicest tits'.

If Kristin; who organises the KSP Wave Tour, runs the KB4Girls kite camps, contributed hugely to the Olympic Kiting campaign and is a 9x World Champ isn't the most influential female kiter in the world then this contest has the wrong name.

Popularity and influence are not interchangeable terms.

Erlend M B
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Sideshore.no (Wainman Hawaii, Nobile, Crazy Fly)

Postby Erlend M B » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 pm

sq225917 wrote:...

Well, they are. Most people will be influenced by the most popular people. We live in an age where people get their inspiration form the internet and social media. The most influencal people in todays actionsports are not neccesarily competing at all. It's all about exposure. Susi is great at that, and she has some quality footage in her "video diary", but i guess in this case, quantity beats quality.

AndKite
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, waves

Postby AndKite » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Erlend M B wrote:
sq225917 wrote:...

Well, they are. Most people will be influenced by the most popular people. We live in an age where people get their inspiration form the internet and social media. The most influencal people in todays actionsports are not neccesarily competing at all. It's all about exposure. Susi is great at that, and she has some quality footage in her "video diary", but i guess in this case, quantity beats quality.
It seems that the question is to who? To who are they most influential? The industry or the fan-base?

Return to “Kitesurfing”