All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why directional
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 am 
Frequent Poster

OP, if you want a board only for waves, go with a directional. If you want a board for everything, while compromising a fair amount of maneuverability in the waves, stick with a twin tip.

If you aren't sure you are going to like a directional, find someone who has one, and borrow it, take it through the paces, see if you like what you get, and can deal with the drawbacks.

Or, if you want to solve the issue with the color green, just buy a directional for waves. You can always sell it if you don't dig it, and get most of your money back.

I think that's a fair breakdown of the facts, isn't it? :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Was riding today. a nice head high swell and 20-25 knots. I tacked up to the point to get to the peeling clean waves and assumed a spot right amongst the boulders jutting out of the water. for me it was the best spot. cleanest wave face but boulders to avoid. the sb riders chose a section out further avoiding the rocks and getting a bigger but less clean wave. i had a blast doing a mixure of upwind and down wind wave riding, slashing among the boulders and generally goofing around.

then headed back in and packed up. There were some dudes on TT's really charging agressively and boosting to the moon in the shore break and others ripping it up at various places on the beach.

I thought to myself isn't it glorious that kiteing is so diverse that we can all enjoy different portions of the beach. if we all rode directionals and all aimed to hit the best section of wave then it would become like surfing with 20-30 odd dudes all fighting it out for the same spot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm 
Medium Poster

Well said plummet! :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

plummet wrote:

I thought to myself isn't it glorious that kiteing is so diverse that we can all enjoy different portions of the beach. if we all rode directionals and all aimed to hit the best section of wave then it would become like surfing with 20-30 odd dudes all fighting it out for the same spot.

Here here!

I don't understand all the "lose the straps man" & "get some bindings dude"
Why do people feel compelled to make everyone use the same as them?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

windsuks wrote:
plummet wrote:

Here here!

Exactly :thumb:

It is soooo plain stupid, and almost "clan" like or some kind of self announced dynasty :roll:

We got so many options, and why not use all of them and be happy they are present :D , instead of looking "down" at some who prefer different than yourself :wink:

:D Peter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Peter_Frank wrote:
windsuks wrote:
plummet wrote:

Here here!

Exactly :thumb:

It is soooo plain stupid, and almost "clan" like or some kind of self announced dynasty :roll:

We got so many options, and why not use all of them and be happy they are present :D , instead of looking "down" at some who prefer different than yourself :wink:

yeah exactly huh..

I saw a guy here with "fuck straps" spray painted on his board. I thought it was kind of funny. I think my strapless board looks better...

Attachments:
mermaid board.jpg
mermaid board.jpg [ 212.24 KIB | Viewed 223 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Why do people look down on others who aren't like them?

Have you not met human beings before? :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:12 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

This thread is not titled, straps suck, or why straps, its why directional.

You can go with or without straps on your surfboard.

Its funny, you can complain about guys in boots looking down on you, or strapless guys not giving you the respect you might think you deserve, but I find the vast majority of kiters are in straps, and might just have an inferiority complex about it. Its probably tough when your having a tough time with the conditions and some guy is absolutely killing it in perfect control with nothing strapping him to his board.

Courses for horses, problem is most people are sheep!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Most people are sheep, true. Probably why 90 percent use directionals now maybe in our part of the world, the other 9.9 percent on other types, 0.1 on modern mutants. Whose the sheep here?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Westozzy wrote:
Most people are sheep, true. Probably why 90 percent use directionals now maybe in our part of the world, the other 9.9 percent on other types, 0.1 on modern mutants. Whose the sheep here?

Dont know where that is...

Here most are still using TT's :-?

But fortunately many are becoming aware of the advantages of directionals now, so a slow change is gradually coming it seems 8)

The major problem here, is to find someone to kite with - and most often out alone, as so few are into waves, and choose the low water TT instead :roll:

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next