The new Uni Control Bar by Blade

Forum for kitesurfers
lewmt
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mtns
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The new Uni Control Bar by Blade

Postby lewmt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Looks very clean & simple & well built. Only thing I was wondering is - the lines - they appear to be all white? Obviously not an issue in water but colored lines in snow is a huge +++. Even it were only the 2 steering lines - or the 2 center lines - being able to see contrast in flat light conditions is important.

Motion
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 90
Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Motion » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:33 pm

i hope the suicide mode stays the same as on previous bars (as on Wave_Ride picture). It is the best implementation of suicide mode i know or came across until now.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm

"New"..............really?

I've seen most of those parts on other bars before :lol:

yoav_at_blade
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San Diego, CA
Israel
Favorite Beaches: Langabaan, Safety Bay, Julien, Kinneret, Ras Abu Lagon
Style: freeride
Gear: Blade Trigger, Prime and Fat Lady
Brand Affiliation: Blade Kiteboarding

Postby yoav_at_blade » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Wave_Ride wrote:The bar looks very nice!

I have few questions, I would be glad that someone from blade will answer.
The bar is going to be black or white as showed in the previous pictures?

At the picture i see that the suicide setup is similar to north' bar

In the slide show the the double ring has been removed.
How the suicide setup will work in this bar?
Hello.
I'll be glad to answer your questions.

The colors of the bar will be black and yellow.
Regarding the ring for suicide mode, you will be able to attach your leash to the ring and the chicken loop in a similar manner, but without the ring going through the chicken loop. Since you get the same effect as the double ring method, we preferred having just a single ring, so if you let your friends borrow the kite who are less experienced, it will be easy for them and more safe to attach immediately to standard mode.

To answer lewmt's question. The center lines are completely white, but the flying lines are colored. Also, the center lines are slightly thicker than last years which will also make them easier to recognize.

I hope that answers all the questions.
If you have any more, feel free to ask.
Btw, all the parts are original Blade parts, individually molded and assembled in our factory.

See you out on the water.
Yoav

faklord
Frequent Poster

Postby faklord » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi
I'm surprised by Jinx's comment that the safety attaches to only one of the front lines (which I think it's the safest option)
How can it do this thro the swivel?

It looks to me like it goes to both front lines. Please can you confirm?

Thanks

ChristoffM
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Langebaan and Cape Town.
Favorite Beaches: Anywhere in the Cape, South Africa.
Style: Hydrofoils! (And surf and old school)
Gear: Cape Town Foilboard and Spotz hydrofoils.
Any kite that can keep up with the hydrofoils.
Brand Affiliation: Cape Town Foilboards

Postby ChristoffM » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Yes, I'm also interested to see where the safety lines goes. There are no pictures of a set up with safety line shown. Surely the safety line will go slack when you de-power the bar?

By the way, what is the breaking strain of the new main lines? I had my old main line snap in mid air, but it was been showing signs of wear so I was aware that it might happen. I am just disappointed with the old line since it only lasted a year.

yoav_at_blade
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San Diego, CA
Israel
Favorite Beaches: Langabaan, Safety Bay, Julien, Kinneret, Ras Abu Lagon
Style: freeride
Gear: Blade Trigger, Prime and Fat Lady
Brand Affiliation: Blade Kiteboarding

Postby yoav_at_blade » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:58 pm

faklord wrote:Hi
I'm surprised by Jinx's comment that the safety attaches to only one of the front lines (which I think it's the safest option)

Thanks

Hello.

Jinx's comment is correct. The safety attaches to only one of the center lines, going all the way through the swivel and to the bridle. The second center line attaches directly to the swivel. When depowering the kite, the safety line will have some slack extending from below the QR, but it's not an issue since it just becomes an extension of your leash. This method is convenient for the main reason of not having loose lines above the bar.

In terms of line strengths. Each of the center lines support 400 kg. and each of the flying lines support 310 kg.

Yoav
Last edited by yoav_at_blade on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Motion
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 90
Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Style: Freeride
Gear: Blade

Postby Motion » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:04 pm

yoav_at_blade wrote:

Thanks

Hello.

Jinx's comment is correct. The safety attaches to only one of the center lines, going all the way through the swivel and to the bridle. The second center line attaches directly to the swivel. When depowering the kite, the safety line will have some slack extending from below the QR, but it's not an issue since it just becomes an extension of your leash. This method is convenient for the main reason of not having loose lines above the bar.

In terms of line strengths. Each of the center lines support 400 lbs. and each of the flying lines support 250 lbs.

Yoav
So it will not have the same double suicide mode as current /last generation bar?

How is the suicide mode than done on the new bar?

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 pm

yoav_at_blade wrote:

Thanks

Hello.

In terms of line strengths. Each of the center lines support 400 lbs. and each of the flying lines support 250 lbs.

Yoav
you mean kilos not lbs? I hope....

faklord
Frequent Poster

Postby faklord » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Yoav,
Thanks for the explanation.
I have the previous blade bar, and find the safety line wears pretty quick where it goes thro the bar and has to be replaced fairly regular. Not a great problem, as the consequence of it snapping (which it has done once) is just loss of safety (or loss of kite if you have fired the quick release)
With the new system, if the safety snapped where it goes through the bar, do you loose a front line?...if so, not so good.

Regards
Dave

Return to “Kitesurfing”