All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need 5th line bar for Combat's
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:20 pm 
Rare Poster

I would like to know what 5th line bars on the market that I can be used on my combats. I have the switch bar not complaining about it just that I want a bar that when I want I can have it flag out to the 5th line. The current switch bar doesnt allow this. So i need a bar that is 45 - 50cm, that has a V split not Y, and when sheeted all the way in the all 5 lines are even. News have it switch will release a new bar within the next month however I'm not sure what will change on it.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Need 5th line bar for Combat's
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

LoneWolf wrote:
I would like to know what 5th line bars on the market that I can be used on my combats. I have the switch bar not complaining about it just that I want a bar that when I want I can have it flag out to the 5th line. The current switch bar doesnt allow this. So i need a bar that is 45 - 50cm, that has a V split not Y, and when sheeted all the way in the all 5 lines are even. News have it switch will release a new bar within the next month however I'm not sure what will change on it.

Is the fifth line option on the website not available yet?

http://switchkites.com/products/control ... l_bar.html

The 5th Line Option
If you’re riding a larger size Combat (9m and up) and enjoy your ongoing existence as a thrill-seeking carbon-based biped in a world of adrenaline-induced freedom, we HIGHLY recommend you get one. Instantly. 5th line conversion kit sold separately.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:00 pm 
Rare Poster

yeah thats how I fly them now with the 5th, but see the two front lines and also the 5th attach to the swivel. I want a bar that the 5th line travels all the way to the chickenloop so when you hit the release it activates on the 5th.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:49 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

LoneWolf wrote:
yeah thats how I fly them now with the 5th, but see the two front lines and also the 5th attach to the swivel. I want a bar that the 5th line travels all the way to the chickenloop so when you hit the release it activates on the 5th.

It's not a real fifth line then like the North trust bar. I hope they change it as well, if I ever consider switching I want a fifth line to to the CL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:31 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Got a torch, vegas and a switch bar 4 my combats depending on state of wear of my equipment -
they all work. The difference in feel between bars is real interesting - depending how high up the 5th spit is (if any) results in a different feel torch - high split (pain in ass when inverts betweeen lines) i haaaaaaaaate this - but love 5th - rough with smooth...) vegas bar medium 5th line split - feel like touch more depower and switch bar - split near bar - simple uncomplicated - less chance of tip flaring.

The world of 5th line is complicated - but my god it is effective........ and no dealing with bridles and pullies - although they seem to be getting a bit tougher nowdays themselves...

One thing u can do it simply make up your own bar and lines custom style just teh way u like it - unfortunately - bar and line design has become a bit like car design - almost designed so you buy their accessories due to complications...?! can be dome tho and is rewarding - working on something myself right now...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:55 am 
Rare Poster

longwhitecloud wrote:
The world of 5th line is complicated - but my god it is effective........ and no dealing with bridles and pullies - although they seem to be getting a bit tougher nowdays themselves...

Exactly! I dont like kite with bridles at all. I like the switch bar but for days when I'm on my smaller combats I rather a nice release onto the 5th in case of a bad situation. I wonder how the slingshot bar is?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:46 am 
Medium Poster

The Airush Smart Bar for the Razor has a 5th line that runs through the chicken loop. Lots of adjustment for length of bar & length of lines etc. Pigtails on the ends of the lines so you can set it up differently if your knots/loops are different on the combat.

2013 Airush Smart bars are on offer now as well.

Cheers

Dan

[ 7 posts ]