westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby soul19 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 am

It doesn't take a whole lot to see the overall intention of this thread and the malicious intent that is directed to Dimitri. Two individuals are working for the same purpose but at the end of the day nobody really cares. Epic kites are going to continue to sell well and these two people will move on to attack others. I hope that one day I can contribute a great product to this sport that haters come out of the woodwork to bag on.... as long as I am traveling the world doing what I love :thumb:

Rock and Roll,

James
www.theglobalartist.com

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 am

soul19 wrote:It doesn't take a whole lot to see the overall intention of this thread and the malicious intent that is directed to Dimitri. Two individuals are working for the same purpose but at the end of the day nobody really cares. Epic kites are going to continue to sell well and these two people will move on to attack others. I hope that one day I can contribute a great product to this sport that haters come out of the woodwork to bag on.... as long as I am traveling the world doing what I love :thumb:

Rock and Roll,

James
www.theglobalartist.com
I disagree. The intention of this thread, I think, was aimed at shedding some light onto something that is kind of important. Dimitri claimed that he could kiteboard in 2-4 knots. He still does and it is unreasonable. It does not even carry face validity. As a matter of comparison regular strolling / walking speed is about 3 knots.

Now you and I would perhaps have chosen a different way of saying that, but to "label" everyone that disagrees with a point of view a hater does nothing but stir even more.

I chalk it up as a guy who is very committed to his products, and got a bit carried away, I don't really care too much, but I do not see the point in calling people haters, and certainly do not see the point in personal attacks.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

!!!

Postby L0KI » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 am

Taut,
I agree with your basic premise as to what the thread was supposed to be about..
It has become a months long, SupaEZ dog and pony show for the personal entertainment of SupaEZ.
Dimitri provided video long ago, with witness (and wind meters) corroboration to his initial 2-4 knot claim in Hatteras. There are some that are going to believe the videos and the witnesses and some that won't, ...there is no changing that.
So, now this thread has become forty or fifty re-tellings of Dimitri's visit to the Supa beach, with a short film sliced and diced by the current owner of this thread.
Unfortunately, the Cocoa visit was a waste because of Supa's decision to ride a race board and keep his line extensions on, to try to compete instead of compare.
It's a shame because a better test would have been more fun, more informational and good exposure here for Epic and for Supa's kite sponsor Core.
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:
Pump me up wrote:We ALL want to see the evidence: The Epic Infinity FAILING in light winds against the 19m Core LW kite.
Sounding a bit hateful there Pumpy boy. Why would you need to see footage, you've completed your thought process on the subject already. You always seem like such a great guy when you post, I can't figure out why folks always think you are a FUKKING DICK. :thumb:
It is you in that video!! Your favorite word.....the "F" word......+.. there is a dog at 1:28 min.

Warning : this video should not be viewed by younger readers...offensive "F" language and graphic

RATED: OLDNDIRTY NC-54++

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIOrQasR18

Do you get it now about your filthy mouth ? :censored:
Last edited by SupaEZ on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Hey Taut I have read many of your posts and respect your opinion but I disagree with you on the purpose of this thread. It is malicious in it's intention..... read the title! I am not arguing that Dimitri can make over the top claims but his video's are quite impressive for it's lightwind abilities. Supa is baffling to me that a man at his age would and feels the need to constantly stand on his soapbox. PMU is a hater! I have not meet either man and would have no issues kiting with either. Hey I would even buy them a post session beer but it doesn't change the fact that there is more to their rants than just the lightwind abiliities of whatever brand kite. I am not a Epic kite owner (never even saw one of his kites....not the kite that I am looking at for my next purchase) but I respect the vibe that Dimitri has for this sport. Taut, you have to agree that this thread is abusive (even the Epic supporters have crossed lines) and that it's intention has been achieved! I stand by my statement that Dimitri has what they want and they will look for others to flame on after this thread no longer feels fun for the two of them.

James
www.theglobalartist.com

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigPaul » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Soul 19 I fully agree with you.

I've tried in vein to bring some reality and manners to this thread but as you can see that never happend.

The strange out come of this thread is that I'm now very interested in Epic as a next purchase. And have been totally put off anything to do with Core.

I know that Core make good kites but I would not want the negative associtation with Supa Ez.

Supa if this was not your intention, it is the unfortunate out come.

Now let's all try to play nice or not play at all. There is plenty of water for everyone.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 pm

The funny thing is the claim of 2-4 knots is taken totally out of context by most people here.

The kite stays in the air (with 2-4 knots i think its safe to assume it will be more 4 knots with an occasionally 2 knots)
And it had BARELY enough power to drag Dimitri on a SUP board. This is something you can see in the videos. Its going very slow but i would expext on a SUP to have as little resistance as possible.
It has nothing to do with Kitesurfing. Just being dragged slowly on a SUP. :cool2:

But sadly some people here have a need to cause as much drama as possible. And sadly some people trying to act like they know it all. I think its admirable how cool Dimitri stayed in these topic even though some people acted so incredible pathetic. I think its sad some people try to change the real claim to what they wanted to hear so they could bash. :nono:

SO AGAIN:

The only claim that originally was made is Dimitri was able to get dragged on a huge ass SUP and the kite stayed in the air in a 2 to 4 knots window. And in the hands of a pro it actually looked stable.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Once again guys the few videos I made while on the SUB with the INFINITY V3 prototype was to show you how well the kite stays in the air with out falling or back stalling in these light wind conditions. I did the same thing with the INFINITY V2 and had to swim back home because in less then 5 knots it had a hard time to stay up in the air and I had no were to run since I was on the SUP board. But the INFINITY V3 was able to stay up in the air in less then 5 knots while I was on the SUP board with no effort.
Again this is not for every body. You need to be experience to do what I was doing in 2.6 mph to 4.7 mph. So probably these conditions are not for you Mr.tautologies or Mr. Pumpy.
So beleive what you want to beleive, I know a lot of people have seen it in real life and were very very impressed.
Any way time to go kiting again here in Cabarete in windy conditions.

Attachments
DSC_0510.jpg
DSC_0510.jpg (140.76 KiB) Viewed 863 times

kitewise
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ct., Fla.,Aruba, OBX
Favorite Beaches: Pompano beach Fla.
LongbeachPark Stratford, Ct.
Boa Grande Aruba
OBX for sure
Gear: EPIC screamer and Renegade
EPIC DROID
BEST Thruster
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby kitewise » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Kiteus Maximus wrote:PMU - Jesus dude...take your personal bullshit private. You clutter this place with non-stop BS. I'm guessing you are some old ass guy...who was a kiter when kiting first came around. And because you were one of the early kiters you somehow feel you have a right to act like a "fuckking dik" as OldnBroken so aptly put it.

Take your old busted ass down the road and bury yourself in the elephant graveyard. Oh yeah...don't forget to call me a Dimitri supporter. That's your weak ass excuse when you get your ass ripped on here by someone who goes against you.

Maybe you are just an inefficient kiter who HAS to have a 35 meter kite to get going in light winds and therefore call BS when you see LW claims made by others.
Easy there boy! Obviously, You've got lots to say. You been on here 2 months and you have 85 posts!
Maybe you should take a pill or grow up. Or maybe just shut up! Didn't mother ever teach you any manners? Evidently not.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:43 pm

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”