Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Once again Mr.Pump me up you need to demo the INFINITY V2 and the V3 once it comes out so you can see it for yourself and then post your review, instead of blowing smoke like you have been doing. Why do you think I am willing to send the INFINITY to people to try or any other EPIC product!!!! That's because I know the performance of the kite and I know the out come after you demo the kite. Few of the posters on this forum were like you but they did have the balls to demo the kite and 60% of them did order an INFINITY. The other 20% wanted to wait until they sell their other light wind kite, the other 15% did not have the money to buy a new kite and are looking for a used INFINITY once they are available for sale, and the remain 5% had to talk to their wife (and you know how hard that can be).
So please try the kite and stop wasting your time on the key board. Also make sure you have a video so we know you actually did demo the INFINITY v2 kite and you are not just blowing smoke again.
This is my email once again: dimitri@epickites.com
And please don't take to long to send me an email because by then I might have the V8 out.
:lol:

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Few of the posters on this forum were like you but they did have the balls to demo the kite and 60% of them did order an INFINITY. The other 20% wanted to wait until they sell their other light wind kite, the other 15% did not have the money to buy a new kite and are looking for a used INFINITY once they are available for sale, and the remain 5% had to talk to their wife (and you know how hard that can be)
Are you being serious in that nearly 100% of people who try the Infinity either buy one or are in the process of buying one? I am not entirely sure if you are joking or serious. Maybe you are just joking with these claims that you make on the forum and we are all falling for an Epic Trolling Session :)

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Woah almost 60 pages, I'm struggling to keep up with you guys.
Good work!

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Been thanked: 0

Postby frankm1960 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm

SupaEZ wrote: I believe that if i wore a weight jacket of 14 lbs...
Took off my 3m extensions....
Rode the identical board...at the same time we were both out....
...since my kite has more area and projected area ...
....the results would not have changed much or at all
ahh... but you didn't... :) shoulda tried the V3... I hear they're fantastic light wind machines :)
yakyakyak :)

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.

Postby frankm1960 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:06 pm

SupaEZ wrote: Thank you :D
Finally someone who owned that board
Ya... I hear ya.. it really sucks when people come in here and make claims about kite gear they haven't even tried on the water :lol:

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster

Postby frankm1960 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:14 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
It actually does "not go in less wind" than my 2011 North Whip Quad 5'7" x 18 5/8 wide x 2 1/8"

It is for me more technical, challenging and is more FUN to do quick direction changes on a dime

It is quite short at 5'3" with "only"125cm of it's length actually in the water when riding

Dimitri had a wide surfboard in his car....also had 5m extensions to put on

He knew he had a better chance riding the glassy inside on TT with kite close to sand

I rode in the chop and occasional white water where there was actually less wind speed :wink:

On direct onshore LW the wind strength is always more close to the beach...always..he knows that

Boards were a match since we both rode "on different water surfaces" in similar wind at same time

.................now let's see a rebuttal to that ....please analyze everything..... :surf: :sun: ..................
I'm sure you went kiting that day without your best LW tools :)
and why are you telling us what he knows?
yak yak yak... :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Are you being serious in that nearly 100% of people who try the Infinity either buy one or are in the process of buying one? I am not entirely sure if you are joking or serious. Maybe you are just joking with these claims that you make on the forum and we are all falling for an Epic Trolling Session :)
I am sorry Mr.UKSurf but I am not joking.
Why do you think I am willing to send the demos to kiters world wide!!! Well that's because I know the result after they get to demo it.
:thumb:

This is one of the success of my business. Once you have a great product and you know what it can do, just share it with the entire world. Just think, if the INFINITY was not performing the way I am showing you on all the videos I made, I would not want any want to demo it before buying it. Now you can demo it and test it for yourself. It is as simple as this.
I get emails every day from people wanting to become dealers, buy kites and demo the kites or boards and it is not only the INFINITY. From this topic there is at least 9 people I know of that did demo the kite, and 6 of them decided to buy them the other 3 are waiting, but they sent me an email back that they were very impressed.
But I get more demo requests from other forums and FaceBook. Now FaceBook is a great tool check it out: DIMITRI MARAMENIDES or EPICKITES KITEBOARDING.
Now the real question Mr.UKSurf, "Do you want to demo the INFINITY v2?" :naughty:

P.S. The only problem is that we are sold out of INFINITY v2 but should have more by next week. But you can always demo the ones I have on demo once they come back.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:49 pm

OK we ALL need to take a break and watch some CRASHES in more than 2-4 and /or 8kn :lol:

Then we can go right back to this very insanely fun OUT OF CONTROL BS thread :wink:

P.S. Oldnbroken check out at 1:30......right after Lou gets pissed off...some relatives of yours :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAJlBUeXCEU

.............................. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ...............................
Last edited by SupaEZ on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Ah I get it now SupaEz IS affiliated to Epic and wow is he doing a grand job! :D

:out:

ps Infinity V2 available as ever here in the UK :thumb:

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:57 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Send that small 3.5 pounder for a side by side against a (much larger) LW specific 10.5 lbs LEI

And no one will be surprised by the results
If you would hold for a month or so,
than I'm going to send the 17m against my 21m and see what happens :?:
SupaEZ wrote:..........DR LW your 21m weighs 8.6 lbs
Right;
I just had a good 3.5 hrs ride with it last Sunday alone after the wind died and nobody else could ride :thumb:
But I think the lighter rigid L.E. 17m 4.5 lbs should skin the cat and do the same at the end :roll:
I like to overcome myself I'm different, not like some people around here :naughty:
In my humble opinion I don't think you'll be able to SUP with it in a 2 - 4 kn Light Wind CHALLENGE Claim,
but let's wait and see you never know that would be a + and I will make a video to show,
I'll be back, No BS :!: when talking about light winds :nono:

DrLW

Return to “Kitesurfing”