Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby tony montana » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Infinity is no better or worse than similar size kites,i know guys he has kited with on 17 16 meter kites,6 to 8 knots is absolute min for kiting,the rest is BS.tony

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Although I am not going to kite in a force 1 it would be great if light wind kites could stay in the air in this wind since it might avoid a swim home if the wind dropped. I am still not quite sure how the Infinity V3 stays in the air in these winds, even my very light and efficient land based foils would have problems flying in a force 1 maybe they are filled with helium :)

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE

Postby hmattar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:00 am

Only thing I care about this LW kites is to ride powered so I can jump from 10-14 knots.
Who wants to ride in 5 knots? come on!
Stop with all the drama!

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am

JamesVegas wrote:I'm not sure if anyone can argue with the SUP video. It looks dead calm on the water but whether you would want to kite with a SUP board is another matter.

Most companies claim to produce the best light wind kite. I would love to see the companies going head to head on these claims to back up what they say. Okay, it would be difficult to get two identical riders of equal weight and skill but there must be a way of measuring turning speed (although obviously all big kites defy physics and turn like 12 meter kites), up wind ability, lowest planing speed.

Is this possible? Would Dimitri put his Infinity up against an equal sized (I'm guessing 17m having seen the Infinity) North kite? Any company could enter and then we could know the king of the light wind kite! Well for one season anyway.

Personally I don't really care as I'd never fly anything bigger than a 12m now but if anyone can prove their LW kite turns like my 12m Vegas I'll take one.
Have you flown any? I've flown 15s and 17s that turn faster than certain 12s. For example the 2013 best ts 15m turned about the same speed, or a little faster than my 12m switchblade did, and I flew the ts on a chopped down bar for freestyle! Turbine is really fast too. It's amazing how these huge kites are becoming quite light and nimble in the sky, which I think is part of what is making them more and more efficient over the years.

Some kites sit and pull like a truck but you can't really move them, so the bigger sizes don't really get you much extra low end out of bigger sizes (for light wind at least). For example I had a 12m switchblade and a friend has a 16m switchblade, and I honestly felt almost no difference in about 10 knots except that it turned a lot slower. But a lightwind specific kite that is fast turning and fast through the window like the TS scales up to, or the slingshot one (those are the only ones I flew) make a huge difference because you can move them around and generate a lot more apparent wind

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:21 am

Only thing I care about this LW kites is to ride powered so I can jump from 10-14 knots.
Stop with all the drama
You are 100% correct Mr.hmattar. Who wants to kite in less then 5 knots, but I had to prove what the kite could do in less then 5 knots and I did.
Any way Kiting becomes fun in 10 to 14 knots that is for sure and that depends what kite you are using. Because when using the INFINITY v2 you can enjoy kiting in 7 to 11 knots and learn some nice tricks in these conditions, but again you need a very fast kite so you can redirect the kite on demand and pop when you want to pop or kite loop when you want to kite loop. All I am asking for the non believer is to try the kite and you will see its performance. It's not much to ask is it.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:34 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Stop with all the drama
You are 100% correct Mr.hmattar. Who wants to kite in less then 5 knots, but I had to prove what the kite could do in less then 5 knots and I did.
Any way Kiting becomes fun in 10 to 14 knots that is for sure and that depends what kite you are using. Because when using the INFINITY v2 you can enjoy kiting in 7 to 11 knots and learn some nice tricks in these conditions, but again you need a very fast kite so you can redirect the kite on demand and pop when you want to pop or kite loop when you want to kite loop. All I am asking for the non believer is to try the kite and you will see its performance. It's not much to ask is it.
I can tell you I do not believe that you can get the kite to fly in 2 knots. I am willing to test it, but I am not willing pay for shipping. Either way.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Hello Tauto....yes 2 knots...is far fetched...he might as well ....at this point
....put up a video of himself SUP kiting on the moon ................in the sea of tranquility

V2....good 7-11kn....better at 8-10kn...very best is 9kn starting point..realistic wind wind IMO

And that is good...so there is no need to mention the number 7 or even 8....just say 9-9-9-9-9-9-9kn

That would end ALL bickering :thumb:

What if he said...6-12kn....or 5-13kn...or 4-14kn...or 3-15kn...or 2-16kn for ideal wind to ride :-?

To me all those numbers add up 9kn average...because quality LW is always 99% steady...
...and not all over the chart in speed

Those wild wind ranges claims would create ...quite a stir....on KF...
............and more publicity for him :rollgrin:

Let's all have go kitesurfing...and live outside keyboard world...cyber surfkiting...just ain't the same

....................................... :surf: :sun: ......................................................................................................

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 pm

for me a slower kite in light wind can also be fun. doesn't have to be fast. if you like waves and kiteloops, then yes!

McAbe
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed

Postby McAbe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
This is what I am talking about, he is so full of shit (more properly called lies) and it just keeps coming.
He doesn't have a invoice with my name for an infinity, because I didn't by it from him, I might have written something positive about their costumer service, but only to be polite and threaten fairly, I was already not happy with it before the problems with the sliders that I ordered and I had already been criticizing him of the forum for a while (he did not know who I was then and I don't know how he found out).
I have NEVER written anything to him good or bad about my opinion on the kites performance.
This is the second time he discloses my name on this forum without my consent, last time he also shared our email correspondence with a third party, hoping to get support that he didn't get, he is truly living in a reality of him own, where he decides what is good/bad, right/wrong.
Last time Toby gave him a warning and had him remove my name, but he is obviously not respecting the rules of the forum and I expect Toby to take stronger actions this time.

Dear Mr.McAbe, once again I am sorry you feel that way but if you want to argue about this please email me directly and will send you these emails in order to refresh your memories. We do have your folder with all these emails. Also "YES" I had to share your emails with the 3rd party since he was the Rep who sold you the INFINITY v1 kite and he had to know with whom we were dealing with in case something happens in the future.
Any way this is not the place to argue about this and we need to leave this topic free of negativity. I will remove your real name so people don't realize who you really are. But so you know the reason I use my name "Dimitri M" is so people know with whom they are dealing with and that I am not hiding behind a fake name trashing people or companies around. I have nothing to hide, same with the EPIC product, you get what you see.
So please let's get back to "EPIC INFINITY & BULLSHIT LIGHT WIND CLAIMS" topic and enjoy the sport we all love.
This is just wonderful.
It was not your REP I was hinting at, that means that you have actually shared our correspondence with more people that I don't know about, ethical business you got there.

You say yourself that I didn't by the Infinity from you, your REP that sold it have also no invoice for it and cant have sent you a copy, so how my name ended up on your infinity invoice and on this forum is a mystery.
You better get those precious folders of yours sorted out, or you might end up publishing the name of the wrong person next time.
Me I don't need folders, I just put your name in the web mail search bar to see all our mails, so don't insinuate that you have more accurate info than I do.

Never intended to hide behind a Avatar, I just picked one like 95% of us, you did obviously choose your real name as your main interest here is to sell stuff.
Anyway, anyone here that I have any relation to already knows my real name, your REP is a friend of mine, maybe he would like me better if I didn't pick on you, but I just cant help myself, you are such a tard.

I bet you would like to keep me quiet, arguing in PMs with you, but I cant see any point in that as my main complaints is about your ethnically doubtful behavior on the forum.
As I already said, I don't visit threads started by you or your minions any more, so just stick to those threads and I wont bother you. :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:18 pm

poster: tautologies
I can tell you I do not believe that you can get the kite to fly in 2 knots. I am willing to test it, but I am not willing pay for shipping. Either way.
Guys,
It has to be blowing at least 4 max to the lowest 2 knots. Not just 2 to 0 knots.
That day I made that video using the INFINITY v3 prototype on the SUP board, the wind meter on top of the KITTY HAWK KITES BUILDING that is located in Waves NC, which is 40 feet high up was readings 4.7 mph to 2.4 mph the lowest. So I rounded from (4 to 2 knots). You can hear the other kiters talking about it while I was getting the kite ready to lunch. No one never thought the kite could launch but I proved them wrong. And yes the only way to launch the kite that days was by doing a "hot launch". But once again beleive what you want to beleive. We all know what happened that day. I also have another video coming up soon about very light conditions but this time in NAPLES Florida where 80% of the kiters are on Cabrinha kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”