Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby L0KI » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:31 am

Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author L0KI for the post:
Pump me up (Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:15 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:27 am

Oldnbroken wrote:
Pump me up wrote:.......why spend SO much time on this forum in both real and fake personas?
HUH?...WHAT?...WHO?....FAKE PERSONAS?....DID YOU SAY FAKE PERSONAS?
YOUR PMU CHARACTER IS A FAKE PERSONA!!!
HAS TOBY NOT CONFIRMED THAT YOU HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS HERE?
THIS IS YOUR SECRET NINJA GHOST ACCOUNT, THAT YOU USE TO TROLL WITH.
YOU HAVE YEARS UNDER YOUR BELT WITH THIS FAKE PERSONA.
NEVER TO DIVULGE YOUR OTHER SCREEN NAME OR ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE YOU REAL.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU COULD POSSIBLY BE POINTING YOUR INVISIBLE GHOST FINGER, SAYING ANYTHING TO ANYBODY ABOUT FAKE PERSONAS.
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT FAKE PERSONAS? DIMITRI? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!!!
HE MAY NOT BE EVERYBODY'S CUP OF TEA..
BUT UNLIKE YOU PINNOCHIO.... HE IS A REAL LIVE BOY.
Hahahahahaha! Damned straight, and good riddance to PMU from this topic. :lol:

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:55 am

Oldnbroken wrote: ...
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT FAKE PERSONAS? DIMITRI? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!!!
I "Like" your other Persona better PMU .
It was the Other guy in-side your head ,that sent me movies of himself & his
good buddies in the early-days of Hang gliding ; flying
off mountains in the Canary islands. I enjoyed the movies Immensely !!!

I Also Like Dimitri a Bunch ; he is not only a really energetic personality, but
he can also Back-up his EGO as a kite-boarder. Dimitre is probably one of
the Better kiters on this forum !!

WHAT -- you don't believe me ? Then try and follow him out to sea with his
kite-board, next time there's a hurricane ; we will see if Ya Live through it
like He did last time out !!

Bille

JamesVegas
Frequent Poster

Postby JamesVegas » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 am

Oldnbroken wrote:
Pump me up wrote:.......why spend SO much time on this forum in both real and fake personas?
HUH?...WHAT?...WHO?....FAKE PERSONAS?....DID YOU SAY FAKE PERSONAS?
YOUR PMU CHARACTER IS A FAKE PERSONA!!!
HAS TOBY NOT CONFIRMED THAT YOU HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS HERE?
THIS IS YOUR SECRET NINJA GHOST ACCOUNT, THAT YOU USE TO TROLL WITH.
YOU HAVE YEARS UNDER YOUR BELT WITH THIS FAKE PERSONA.
NEVER TO DIVULGE YOUR OTHER SCREEN NAME OR ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE YOU REAL.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU COULD POSSIBLY BE POINTING YOUR INVISIBLE GHOST FINGER, SAYING ANYTHING TO ANYBODY ABOUT FAKE PERSONAS.
You seem to get very excited when someone questions Epic O&B! Chill out, it's just a brand.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 am

Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone

Postby Hunqi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:His secret PMU identity (as his second Kiteforum account) belies his basic dishonesty...
Thanks again for your sage advise.
sq225917 wrote:fudge is ben.....
Toby wrote:ans sq.... is Pump me Up! :lol:.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2328070&hilit=fudge+sq&start=20

But there is a revelation above from the horse's mouth in 2006 if that is true :?: :bye:

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

I have followed the whole thread that calls BS on the 2-4kn SUP claim.This is my first time posting and it will be my only one.If you all pay attention to the end of the most recent video from 4:15 til the end you will see that the 19 was capable to fly in the same lowest possible wind speed as the V3.

You can hear someone to the right of Dimitri that says and i will try my best to quote "feels like about 4 to 5 if that" and after Dimitri unhooks that same person adds "it's just floating".

We clearly see that to the left of the V3 the 19 is also just floating as effortlessly which proves without a doubt that in Cape Hatteras those 2 kites would have done equally well on an SUP regardless of the ridiculous wind speed claimed by the owner of the company.

If during that side by side test demo the 19 would have fallen out of the sky and the V3 would have remained floating then we could all have concluded that the V3 is extraordinary but as we all see it is clearly not true.So shame on you Epic for putting such BS claim out and making so many people upset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RkFhVvtJOM

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:17 pm

You can hear someone to the right of Dimitri that says and i will try my best to quote "feels like about 4 to 5 if that" and after Dimitri unhooks that same person adds "it's just floating".
We clearly see that to the left of the V3 the 19 is also just floating as effortlessly which proves without a doubt that in Cape Hatteras those 2 kites would have done equally well on an SUP regardless of the ridiculous wind speed claimed by the owner of the company.
If during that side by side test demo the 19 would have fallen out of the sky and the V3 would have remained floating then we could all have concluded that the V3 is extraordinary but as we all see it is clearly not true.So shame on you Epic for putting such BS claim out and making so many people upset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RkFhVvtJOM
I am sorry PullStrings, but I don't understand your post!!!! In order to be able to kite on the Twin Tip (135x47) that I was using that day it had to be blowing at least 6 to 8 or 9 knots or else I wouldn't even think to venture in the water with my Twin Tip. If it was blowing 2 to 4 knots I would of had to use an SUP board and give it a shot. Plus the INFINITY V2 & V3 was designed to be a light kite because of its weight and this is one of the reasons why it has only 3 struts and is able to stay up in the air in less then 5 knots while moving on an SUP board.
So your post doesn't make sense to me. It will be nice if you could clarify your post because I haven't seen any other kite fly in less then 5 knots on an SUP board. I have seen few big kites fly in very light breeze like the CORE, SLINGSHOT, DYNO, you name it but only on the beach which is totally different once you get on an SUP board. Any light wind kiter would know that. Because on a SUP board you have no place to run once your kite start to back stall. But on the beach you can run back if your kite start falling out of the sky or move around because you are not constrain to space. So maybe in the video you see both kites fly in less then 5 knots but that is on the beach. It is a totally different game once you get on a board especially in less then 5 knots. But if you are a good kiter you will know the difference from flying a kite on the beach and flying a kite on a board in very very light wind. It is a totally different world. I did test the INFINITY V2 & V3 on the beach in less than 5 knots and the V2 had a hard time staying up in the air. I had to run back and spend more energy to keep it up in the air while the V3 was just staying there effortless.
Any way thank you for your time and energy and hope to hear from you soon.

P.S. As you can see in this video there was not enough wind to use a Twin Tip or a Surf Board. So I used a big SUP board in order to be able to plane.

Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Very nice video. Of course there will be all kinds of criticism from the usual sources (there was an enormous wind gradient, it was blowing 8-10 knots at 10m altitude, it doesn't count because it was less than twenty minutes, the whitecaps were photoshopped out, the SUP is really a boat, it looks boring, I'd rather be on my motocross bike, a reliable source said it was blowing 10, Dimitri is blind and his seeing eye dog needs corrective eyewear which I sell, some more cut and paste and a few dozen more displays of insecurity and needy egos).

Very impressive display Dimitri.

NicoFr
Medium Poster

Postby NicoFr » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Guys,
Would be nice to have a light wind video but in french this time.... Still a few people are not believing in it. Maybe they'll understand it more in french. Dimitri get back to work and make us a video in french, then spanish, then greek but definitly not in chineese!

Return to “Kitesurfing”