Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Pump me up » Fri May 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Honestly, it's hard to let it go, UKSurf. I say this to you respectfully because your posts have always been measured, rational, and diplomatic.

BULLSHIT itself is offensive. Truth is its own justification and is a moral absolute. A lot of people find Epic's entire approach OFFENSIVE, not just the mis-marketing, i.e.
1) Bullshit claims.
2) Aggressive "outing" of people who disagree.
3) Outright lies and slander against others (e.g. SupaEZ and the events at Cocoa Beach).
4) Self-written congratulatory "emails".
5) Sweet talkin' goat lovin' persona while concurrently abusing and threatening with other personas.
6) Trashing other brands
7) Complete fabrications that are subsequently disproved by video evidence (e.g. Naples).

I could go on...

Cheers,

Pumpy.................... :pump:

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Sat May 04, 2013 1:38 am

Pump me up wrote:Honestly, it's hard to let it go, UKSurf. I say this to you respectfully because your posts have always been measured, rational, and diplomatic.

BULLSHIT itself is offensive. Truth is its own justification and is a moral absolute. A lot of people find Epic's entire approach OFFENSIVE, not just the mis-marketing, i.e.
1) Bullshit claims.
2) Aggressive "outing" of people who disagree.
3) Outright lies and slander against others (e.g. SupaEZ and the events at Cocoa Beach).
4) Self-written congratulatory "emails".
5) Sweet talkin' goat lovin' persona while concurrently abusing and threatening with other personas.
6) Trashing other brands
7) Complete fabrications that are subsequently disproved by video evidence (e.g. Naples).

I could go on...

Cheers,

Pumpy.................... :pump:
The guy certainly has some issues I couldn't argue with that. My take on it is that epic are in a very competitive market and dimitri is trying to do whatever he can to shift kites and make some profit. I think the fact they released the same designs but with updated gfx suggests things are not going that great. I think he probably knows he overstepped the mark on some of the light wind claims, and wished he hadn't made them - although I don't expect him to admit it.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat May 04, 2013 3:24 am

So, about time to close this topic.

Enough hate for now!

Bashing gets boring and you don't do yourself a favor.
Same with too much claiming.

Time to sit back and relax, help other peope with their questions and give positive input on things.

We are a big kite family and should respect and help each other!

Thx
Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”