Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby L0KI » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 pm

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Poster: DrLightWind
The other flaw if it is flaw when you say "water relaunch in almost now wind (3-4 knots)"
Personally I've been flying my 21 Speed3 almost 2 years and I know I can't relaunch in that.
But since you're talking about medium aspect inflatable lightwind kite,
I test flown the 17m Strutless Cloud recently and I was needed at least 5 - 6 knots for relaunch.
Is it my limited experience with that lightest inflatable,
or would tell us how and which kite would relaunch in 3 - 4 knots because enquiring mind wants to know :?:
Cheers, DrLW
DrLightWind is right, I don't think any kite can relaunch in 3 to 4 knots in the water except if you are in knee deep water and your kite is standing on its trailing edge ready to HOT LAUNCH it. This is how I was able to relaunch the INFINITIY V3 prototype that day in less then 5 knots.
So check the end of this video so you can satisfy your "enquiring mind".
And maybe Mr.PVITfrumBYRAM can say something about that day since he was there with 15 other witnesses and probably teaches on RRD kites.

Last edited by Dimitri M on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Poster: PVITfrumBYRAM
....Personally I like your kites, I just don't like the approach as much. That's great you are getting people stoked at how well the kite can fly in such light conditions, but the reality is it was more than 2-4 knots. Maybe it was that light during a lull on the water and that's why you dropped the kite in the water, but there was a steady breeze.
As for the gentleman with the 21 meter foil, he was inexperienced and could barely fly that kite in 8-10 mph on a different day.
Hello Paoloe or should I call you Mr.PVITfrumBYRAM? I wish I knew who I am talking to. You said on your post above that you like my kites but don't like the approach as much!!! What do you mean by that?
If you were there that day like you say you were, you must of been very impressed to see the INFINITY V3 up in the air and most of all.... riding it on the water. I remember that day Chris Moor who is the manager of theKitty Hawk Kites store and probably your boss was also very impressed and was telling all the guys that was standing and watching the INFINITY v3 perform that Kitty Hawk Kites had few of these INFINITY v2 for sale in his shop. Are you Paulo the one who works and teaches at KHK on RRD!!! How come non of these kites or other kite companies were out on the water that day!!!!!
:thumb:

P.S. Even a kiter who left Avon which is 30 miles South of where we were had to stop by the Kitty Hawk Kites store on his way home because the INFINITY v3 was the only kite he saw in the air and he could not beleive it. He thought it was one of these Para-sailing guys. Even when he stopped by REAL kiteboarding store their was no other kite in the air.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Dimitri M wrote: I remember that day Chris Moor who is the manager of theKitty Hawk Kites store and probably your boss was also very impressed and was telling all the guys that was standing and watching the INFINITY v3 perform that Kitty Hawk Kites had few of these INFINITY v2 for sale in his shop.
Translation: If you question my over the top claims again I will tell your boss who sells my kites

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:33 am

UKSurf wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: I remember that day Chris Moor who is the manager of theKitty Hawk Kites store and probably your boss was also very impressed and was telling all the guys that was standing and watching the INFINITY v3 perform that Kitty Hawk Kites had few of these INFINITY v2 for sale in his shop.
Translation: If you question my over the top claims again I will tell your boss who sells my kites
Nicely spotted UKSurf :thumb: That's the way I read it too.

PVITfrumBYRAM
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Instruction
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby PVITfrumBYRAM » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:34 am

:lol: I'm not worried about it but a funny statement nonetheless.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:38 am

Poster:UKSurf
With all due respect UKSurf but I think this is your Chinese translation of what I am saying.
The real translation is: "The facts are what every body else saw that day. And of course few people will debate this because they ride for another kite company that doesn't have a light wind kite like the INFINITY".
Now this is the real translation. But again I don't need to say more the video tells the story.
Katalaves koukle? Now translate that my friend. :thumb:

P.S. Pump me up, I am still waiting for your email so I can sent you the INFINITY for you to test so you can stop all this BS. What are you so afraid of!!!! Maybe the TRUTH that the kite will perform the way most of people have seen it perform. So please email me so you can test the kite and see it for yourself because this post has become to ridiculous.

Ok on my way to Anguilla for more EPIC demos.
Attachments
_Z5A1928.jpg

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 am

Dimitri M wrote:P.S. Pump me up, I am still waiting for your email so I can sent you the INFINITY for you to test so you can stop all this BS. What are you so afraid of!!!! Maybe the TRUTH that the kite will perform the way most of people have seen it perform. So please email me so you can test the kite and see it for yourself because this post has become to ridiculous.
Once again, no need to be SO formal. Please call me ""Mr Pumpy".

Testing the V3 Infinity would be a waste of time. Please refer to page 1 of this thread for the reasons (or I can repost again, if you want :naughty: ). I've been involved with the industry for over 13 years and know how a ~16m kite with a deep luff curve performs. Not to mention the testimonies from various credible riders, once again listed on page 1.

Revealing my identity via email etc, which is essentially what you are demanding, is too risky, particularly given the threatening/abusive behaviour of Epic supporters such as "Kite2Heaven".

Nevertheless, if you REALLY want me to test your ~16m kite with its deep luff curve, please send it to one of the big kiteboarding shops in (you know which country), preferably one with outlets in most states, ask them to send it around their various shops for demonstrating, and I'll pick it up and give it a go.

Cheers,

Pumpy ........................... :pump:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 am

Pump me up, once again you are wrong about the size of the INFINITY V2 and V3. And that goes to show you that everything else you say is wrong also.
So if you are so afraid for me to see who you really are then make an effort to demo one of the INFINITY v2 or v3 kites once you get a chance. But once again you need to be very sincere about your testing which I know you will be very impressed but won't want to admit it because it will totally blow all the BS you started with light wind kites.
By the way this is another video of me on the SUP board with the INFINITY V3 in very very light wind when no one else wanted to go out. It was not enough to go on a Twin Tip and not enough to go on a Surf Board because it was less then 8 knots. But it was good on an SUP. But this time a little more wind then the last video you saw because you can see it from the resistance of the SUP board on the water. But again some times the lows were very low since I was standing still on the board (check time 4:19-21s). Any way check the video for another great light wind test and you will understand what light wind kiting is all about.

vrossi46
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: PRASONISI RHODES GREECE , PAROS-KITE GREECE , AG.ANDREAS KITE BEACH GREECE
Style: GREEK :)
Gear: BLADE KITES , ABOARDS KITEBOARDING/SNOWKITE BOARDS
Been thanked: 0

Postby vrossi46 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:16 am

very nice to see all these light wind videos from Dimitri and thank you for sharing these videos with us
There will be always someone who disagree ......always happen but i think that is for good reason because without them we will not have all these light wind videos and all these detailed explainesion about kiting in light wind conditions and light wind kite designs.
Hope to see and other kite companies do the same with the same passion of the sport.
I have tested the v2 and the kite is absolutely amazing , v3 should be even better.
Momi for me is the best kite designer
also Dimitri here is better to say ''katalaves blaka, se varethika'' than '' katalaves koukle

George B.

Return to “Kitesurfing”