Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby McAbe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
I did NOT make any question directed to you.
You want to help, OK, stop involving our mutual friend.
With all due respect Mr.McAbe, but our mutual friend is the person who sold you the INFINITY V1 two years ago which I heard you still love. So he is involved or else he would not be an EPIC dealer. He is my Brazilian Rep/Dealer and for your information, he will be taking care of the Brazilian UFC fighter "Minotauro" who also just got some EPIC kites from the "KITESURF PLACE" store here in Ft.Lauderdale FL.
Please let me know if there is any thing else I can help you with?
Shut up will you. :worry:
I have NEVER used my EPIC kite and love in the same sentence, I say its OK, nothing close to as fantastic as you try to make it appear.
So im a first hand witness of your pimping bullshit.
Please, respect your friend and dealers plea and stop commenting on my posts, I will bother you less that way and you will sleep better :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:17 pm

I have NEVER used my EPIC kite and love in the same sentence, I say its OK, nothing close to as fantastic as you try to make it appear.
Please, respect your friend and dealers plea and stop commenting on my posts, I will bother you less that way and you will sleep better :thumb:
Well then Mr.McAbe this is another reason why you need to try the V2 or V3 INFINITY kites to see the improvement we have made. You are two years behind with the V1 you are using and since then we have improved a lot of things on all the models.
Once again Mr.McAbe from what I see, it looks like you need a lot of help, and maybe I can't help you as good as I thought. But again will try my best.
Let me know if you need anything else concerning the INFINITY kite model. Or maybe some one else can help Mr.McAbe with all his questions.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:31 pm

[quote="flaps1111"]

But let me tell you, If you with 7 kg less than me, one square meter more and a big freerace board just go at the same time than me (8 knots) you Core 19 LW kite doesn't impress me much.
[quote]

Oh yeah...my freerace board is BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

Has...2 fins 14cm /5 1/2 inches.....47.5 cm maximum overall width...maximum flat area width 45cm

5'3 inches...164cm....of which i only ride on 120cm of it's length....44cm is all nose

When i rode that BIG board with Dyno 18 going "upwind"...i think i was able to squeeze....
..............ONE HALF of a KNOT more low end..(7.5kn) :D

I hope you are happy now.....you win...let me pin a ribbon on your chest :winner1:

................................ :surf: :sun: ...........................................................................

McAbe
Frequent Poster

Postby McAbe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:50 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Well then Mr.McAbe this is another reason why you need to try the V2 or V3 INFINITY kites to see the improvement we have made. You are two years behind with the V1 you are using and since then we have improved a lot of things on all the models.
Once again Mr.McAbe from what I see, it looks like you need a lot of help, and maybe I can't help you as good as I thought. But again will try my best.
Let me know if you need anything else concerning the INFINITY kite model. Or maybe some one else can help Mr.McAbe with all his questions.
What’s that got to do with the price of fish?

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 am

mcabe and dimtri,

a couple of grade A last word freaks.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Or maybe some one else can help Mr.McAbe with all his questions.
Take a deep breath....Mc Abe
Dimitri came to my beach last Tuesday...and i had the privilege and joy to fly his V3 prototype

It is a very well built kite...really flies in the lightest of possible wind flow "by design" ...

....no supa low wind speed number needed...just like no supa large kite size number needed....
..actually those "2 statements together" makes for some EZ LW philosophy..to just have FUN :D

What you need is to spend time one on one in the same air space as Dimitri :wink:

No one should judge a book by it's cover...while in cyberspace armed with a keyboard

It is true that everybody should spend 24 hrs in someone else "footstraps"...
..... before passing final judgement

Evolution of products...like IPhone 1-2-3-4 and now 5
You had V1-V2.....next will be V3....and every new kite gets a little better

So McAbe.....do not wait 5 years for the V8....have this healthy drink now..vitamin A-C + fiber

McAbe...i hope you know that i mean No disrespect...and that i am just teasing you a bit :wink:

........................................ :surf: :sun: :cheers: cheers from Cocoa Beach.........................................
Last edited by SupaEZ on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 pm

For a while there, I thought we were going to let this thread go, but it seems that might have been premature. :lol:

McAbe
Frequent Poster

Postby McAbe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: Or maybe some one else can help Mr.McAbe with all his questions.
Take a deep breath....Mc Abe
Dimitri came to my beach last Tuesday...and i had the privilege and joy to fly his V3 prototype

It is a very well built kite...really flies in the lightest of possible wind flow "by design" ...

....no supa low wind speed number needed...just like no supa large kite size number needed....
..actually those "2 statements together" makes for some EZ LW philosophy..to just have FUN :D

What you need is to spend time one on one in the same air space as Dimitri :wink:

No one should judge a book by it's cover...while in cyberspace armed with a keyboard

It is true that everybody should spend 24 hrs in someone else "footstraps"...
..... before passing final judgement

Evolution of products...like IPhone 1-2-3-4 and now 5
You had V1-V2.....next will be V3....and every new kite gets a little better

So McAbe.....do not wait 5 years for the V8....have this healthy drink now..vitamin A-C + fiber

McAbe...i hope you know that i mean No disrespect...and that i am just teasing you a bit :wink:

........................................ :surf: :sun: :cheers: cheers from Cocoa Beach.........................................
Hello Supa Ez, thank you for stepping up with interesting threads and some nice videos. :thumb:
About your post,; maybe im missing your point, because im not teased :wink:
The later versions has naturally been improved, possibly even without trade-offs, anyway im confident I will be (performance-wise) happier with another brand LW kite next time.
I understand if you have become a bit "charmed" after meeting with Mr. D, I know he is a very nice/sympathetic guy, so are the best used car vendors and the most successful scam artists.
Be aware 8)

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Hey Mcabe,

Here is a thought. What if you chose another brand of LW kite and then promoted it in the same positive and enthusiastic manner that Dimitri promotes his kites. Then everyone would have something more interesting and kite related to read besides your Dimitiri bashing. :argue:

BTW, I am sorry for adding to the continuation of this post. Surely it has to end eventually. :roll:

Jono 111
Frequent Poster

Postby Jono 111 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 am

This thread keeps going off piste....the point was to question what appeared to be ridiculous marketing claims from epic.

I don't think anybody was ever questioning whether dimitri was enthusiastic, or hard working, or responsive.....just whether some of his claims were inflated (so to speak) or not.

I still have a lot of trouble with the claim that the kite can stay in the air in 2 knots at the kite:

"and 2 knots the lowest for the V3 to stay up in the air."

It's healthy on a forum to question these sort of claims. What's good about accepting advertising at face value or discouraging open discussion about it? Do the epic affiliates on this thread think that the 2 knot claim is credible?

Return to “Kitesurfing”