westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby soul19 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Wow I cannot believe that Toby has allowed this man to continue to run his mouth off! The amount of slander and low ball tactics that this individual continues to spew out is offensive. He has gone past childish behavior and has displayed nothing more than being a parasite. This boys and girls is how not to live your life..... the beauty in the grand picture is that the amount of envy that he is painting with. It takes very little to see that this troll wants nothing more than to have the ability to travel like his nemesis doing what he loves! In all your hatred SupaEz you should change your handle to IwannaBeDimitri. You should devote this energy into trying to find a way to living a beautiful life as it is apparent that your "real" life is lacking.

James
www.theglobalartist.com

mdksniper
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach Island, NJ
Gear: Naish Rides, BRM Cloud 17, Litewave kiteboards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mdksniper » Fri May 03, 2013 1:47 pm

This thread is ridiculous. Clearly, a lot kiters do not understand the basics of marketing and advertising. See Subway and their "footlong" sandwich.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri May 03, 2013 2:32 pm

[quote="soul19"] the amount of envy that he is painting with. It takes very little to see that this troll wants nothing more than to have the ability to travel like his nemesis doing what he loves! [quote]

..... No need to travel...i have great right off my street ....year long...the surf...the waves..the wind......

........................................................ :lol: envy :lol: .....................................................................................
Last edited by SupaEZ on Fri May 03, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Fri May 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Jeez you really are beyond help!
I am the least violent guy you'd ever meet but right now I'm glad I'm not kiting anywhere near your "street"
Toby please remove this thread!

TommyDelly
Medium Poster

Postby TommyDelly » Fri May 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Supa, you must be the most boring and annoying person on the planet :-? :roll: so you should change your name to SupaYAWN ;) or if you prefer SupaANNOYINGPRICK, that could work for ya even better ;) :thumb:

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone

Postby Hunqi » Fri May 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Why would you want to remove the thread :?:
At least all the people in the world who has a little common sense would know what kind of unrealistic wind range certain brands are claiming here :naughty:
All I know at least 6 people who was there in Naples laughing off their ass when the heroic Epic kite fell into the water and couldn't relaunch
and the Cab 18m was still glued to the sky with enough pulling power to keep sailing in over 5 knots.
I think if somebody disagrees with these proven facts from original videos and from people who saw it, I think they are full of sh!t :!: :rollgrin:

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Fri May 03, 2013 5:11 pm

big difference between a race board and a SUP. Can't generate any apparent wind on the SUP. Again, you guys are comparing apples to oranges here.

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!

Postby Aummm » Fri May 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Aummm wrote:
Hansen Aerosports wrote:Hi Aummm: IMHO, the true measure of light wind performance is upwind VMG(efficiency) which becomes more evident as the wind dimishes. High aspect/high projected area kites are typically better in this regard. Low aspect 'bucket' kites typically sit deeper with grunt and faster turning.
There is plenty of middle ground and 'bragging rights' (highly dependent on the board/rider) so the real test is effective upwind VMG.
Cheers! :thumb:
Aummm wrote:opinion yet from others like Bill Hansen
FINALLY MYTHBUSTING because it is NOT POSSIBLE TO SOUP in 2 to 4 knots of wind. :thumb:
KiteCulture wrote:big difference between a race board and a SUP. Can't generate any apparent wind on the SUP. Again, you guys are comparing apples to oranges here.
But SUP has more displacement as I mentioned earlier so now read topic AGAIN & read quote :!:
It is only because of "Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims" THE KITE INFINITY NOT THE BOARD CLAIM :nono:
That's the bottom line :argue:

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 pm

again... not sure about that. The race board will get moving faster, allowing for more apparent wind, meaning the kite has more stability and reaction versus a kite with no, or little apparent wind. As the SUP moves slower, more drag, less efficient than a race board, or course Damien would have been doing alright. If the rider was moving at the same speed as Epic, then my guess if you'd see similar results. At any rate, you're comparing different things regardless of what the 'science' says.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
soul19 wrote: the amount of envy that he is painting with. It takes very little to see that this troll wants nothing more than to have the ability to travel like his nemesis doing what he loves!

..... No need to travel...i have great right off my street ....year long...the surf...the waves..the wind......

........................................................ :lol: envy :lol: .....................................................................................
I would just let it go now Ez, I can understand you are pissed off about how Dmitri failed to acknowledge your Core 19m outperformed the Infinity in your showdown and came out with a bunch of excuses. But in reality he doesnt have any choice, he cant exactly come out and admit it to the world - he has probably invested alot of money in it. I am sure in the right conditions the Infinity is a great kite, Momi is a good designer, it was just a mistake to market it as an ultra light wind and I am sure Dimitri realises that now and I doubt we will see any more claims regarding the infinity as an ultra lightwind machine.

Return to “Kitesurfing”