Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:13 am

Hello Mr.tautologies,
Once again I beleive in the performance of the INFINITY v2 and v3 or else I would not support it or promote it the way I do. If I don't beleive in a product I won't even release it into the market until I am 110% sure about it. And if it doesn't work I will go to the next project. And yes you need to have some good skills to be able to kite in very light winds. Kiting in light winds is totally different then kiting in stronger winds. Kiting in 6 to 9 knots requires a lot of skills, maybe something that you don't have. Forget being able to kite in 2 to 4 knots on an SUP board. Plus I am sure they are tons of light wind kiters out there that are way better then me. I am just trying to show you what the INFINITY can do in very light winds.
Any way I thought you might enjoy this video since you don't kite that much and all you do is put people down for what they beleive in. Check at these people kiting in light wind. Two of them are women. As you will see they do have some skills since they can kite in these light winds and stay up wind.

VIMEO:

YOUTUBE:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:17 am

Dimitri M wrote:
so u are saying SupaEz went to the outside by swimming? not just by.. kiting up-wind?
Yes you are correct Tiago1973 because his surf/race board had very long fins and were I was the water was too shallow so he had to swim out past the break to start so his fins don't touch the ground.
Sorry i will have to disagree about the SMACK coming out of your mouth
I started in way LESS than KNEE DEEP of water
I started inside the break....i never need to SWIM outside (maybe that is what YOU need to do)
I went upwind across the break...because my kite pulls me upwind

The "NAME" of the board is Freerace...it is a twin FIN and they are NOT long at all..14cm
Raceboard directionals boards are WIDE with very LONG fins
My board was only half a centimeter wider than yours...47.5 versus 47.0
The effective waterline surface area when riding are exactly the same

The true winner is THE KITE that finally smacked down the Infinity in" true non-gradient light wind"

You failed your reverse launch...my reverse launch was very good..we were both in 4-5kn wind
Our kites did not fall out of the sky like one said...we collided when our kites were real low

We exchanged kites...and you really felt the POWER of my kite...heel dragging in the sand

This video re-creates the mood of that afternoon...and that one kite performed much better
If a kite is not superior or equal to another in all the important criteria of LW..then it is ...inferior

It is OK...you can't win them all....just be gracious..honest and admit it..
....there is always a first time for everything...and this was YOUR first time

Your kite does NOT fly in less wind speed than mine
Your kites needs MORE wind speed to keep the rider going on the water
Your kites does NOT go upwind as well as mine
Your kite does NOT loop any better than mine
Your kite does NOT jump as well and as high to do LW transitions as mine

Sorry you did not get the 7-10kn you were hoping for.........no need to use the s**t word
All we had for wind on the water was 7-8kn....and one very short lived puff..of 9kn

No gradient wind...just an ordinary onshore wind day...nothing UNIQUE about the wind on that day
Last edited by SupaEZ on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

vkngktr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Favorite Beaches: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: AirRush, Amundson Customs
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby vkngktr » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:28 am

Now I will never buy an Infinity or a Core Riot just on principle.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:39 am

Poster: vkngktr
Now I will never buy an Infinity or a Core Riot just on principle.
Mr. vkngktr, I totally agree with you. Even me I would never buy an INFINITY V2 or V3 because where I leave it's always windy. So no need for an INFINITY kite especially if you plan to kite in (11 to 16 knots).
And when it's not windy (6 to 10 knots), I rather spend some time with my kids and wife in order to get some bonus points for the next windy day.
:thumb: :D

VIMEO:

YOUTUBE:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:56 am

SupaEZ wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:
so u are saying SupaEz went to the outside by swimming? not just by.. kiting up-wind?
Yes you are correct Tiago1973 because his surf/race board had very long fins and were I was the water was too shallow so he had to swim out past the break to start so his fins don't touch the ground.
Sorry i will have to disagree about the SMACK coming out of your mouth
I started in way LESS than KNEE DEEP of water
I started inside the break....i never need to SWIM outside (maybe that is what YOU need to do)
I went upwind across the break...because my kite pulls me upwind

The "NAME" of the board is Freerace...it is a twin FIN and they are NOT long at all..14cm = 4 1/2"
Raceboard directionals boards are WIDE with very LONG fins
My board was only half a centimeter wider than yours...47.5 versus 47.0
The effective waterline surface area when riding are exactly the same

The true winner is THE KITE that finally smacked down the Infinity in" true non-gradient light wind"

You failed your reverse launch...my reverse launch was very good..we were both in 4-5kn wind
Our kites did not fall out of the sky like one said...we collided when our kites were real low

We exchanged kites...and you really felt the POWER of my kite...heel dragging in the sand

This video re-creates the mood of that afternoon...and that one kite performed much better
If a kite is not superior or equal to another in all the important criteria of LW..then it is ...inferior

It is OK...you can't win them all....just be gracious..honest and admit it..
....there is always a first time for everything...and this was YOUR first time

Your kite does NOT fly in less wind speed than mine
Your kites needs MORE wind speed to keep the rider going on the water
Your kites does NOT go upwind as well as mine
Your kite does NOT loop any better than mine
Your kite does NOT jump as well and as high to do LW transitions as mine

Sorry you did not get the 7-10kn you were hoping for.........no need to use the s**t word
All we had for wind on the water was 7-8kn....and one very short lived puff..of 9kn

No gradient wind...just an ordinary onshore wind day...nothing UNIQUE about the wind on that day
+1

Nice work Supa. That vid is pretty conclusive..... Shhhhhhhmackdown!!!

Pumpy .... :pump:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 am

PS: Interesting to see the ways Epic and apologists try to worm out of it. Unbelievable!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 am

Dimitri M wrote:Kiting in 6 to 9 knots requires a lot of skills, maybe something that you don't have.
+
Any way I thought you might enjoy this video since you don't kite that much and all you do is put people down for what they beleive in.
Are you joking. I'm not even sure you actually read what I have written. I think you believe that I am somehow against you(?)

No need to take things personally, and certainly absolutely no need to attempt to take on some kind victim position.
We are discussing an issue / claim and not you personally.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:30 am

Your descriptions depicting your FREERACE board as difficult to ride, not very flat, not much volume, not designed to specifically maximize kite power, and very average upwind, are a bit suspect.

North Free Race:
The Free Race is a 5' 3" twin-fin directional that bridges the gap between RACE and FREERIDE.
It will get you up and going in lighter wind than a surfboard without the typical constraints of a full-on race board.
The super flat rocker, wide blocky tail and optimized swept-back twin-fins get you flying upwind in a light breeze.
The Free Race is a very fast board which will assure a top position in any racing competition, and, at the same time has awesome freeride potential.
The board is very easy to power up in light wind.

It's too bad that the opportunity for an informative head to head comparison was lost that day, because you chose to compete and not compare.
Nobody cares whether or not you or Dimitri are super heroes at kiting lightwind.
Instead, what we know is..you like your kite and Dimitri likes his kite.
And that you spent months on a video that shows nothing new and useful.
Attachments
NorthFreerace1.jpg
NorthFreerace1.jpg (47.59 KiB) Viewed 732 times
NorthFreerace8.jpg
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 am

So hold on. One guy is on a 19m and a free race board the other on a lets say 17-18m kite and a large twin tip and the guy on the free race is claiming victory?

Are you fucking kidding me?

14cm fins have a massive advantage over small twin tip fins. What a waste of time.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 am

So hold on. One guy is on a 19m and a free race board the other on a lets say 17-18m kite and a large twin tip and the guy on the free race is claiming victory?

Are you fucking kidding me?

14cm fins have a massive advantage over small twin tip fins. What a waste of time.

Return to “Kitesurfing”