Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Geronimo79 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 pm

ALL LIES!!!!

Everyone knows Dimitri has a special time device in his home, which gives him the ability to have 62 hour days instead of just 24. Which gives him the time to do EVERYTHING on his own.
First he comes up with prototype kites, then the magic dogs sew the kites together and then he goes out for a test run. Cuts them to pieces resews them until they perfect. Then he comes up with the graphic design like the picasso he is. Gets a brush and starts drawing and drawing until his hands bleed.
Then the production starts in his shed. He is strictly monitored by his hounds of Hell, Zeus and Athena and they will bite him in the ass if he slows down production to much.
After all the kites are done he goes out on kiteforum and lays down his lines of rhymes like a rapper thats overflowing of creativity. If everyone only knew what a man Dimitri is. Dare i say it.... Supergreek!

And with all that he still finds time to dress up like a proper lady!

@ Lisaped i hope this awnser is satisfying you.....

Momi is the Shapedesigner of Epic
I am the graphic Designer of Epic.
Dimitri steers everything and is involved in everything. Many people dont seem to realize how much efford and time he spends on all this. Usually he starts around 06:00 in the morning with awnsering e-mails then during the day he does all the other things involved with having a company. And many many days he is still working at 24:00/01:00 at night awnsering e-mails again.
So yeah he is involved in everything Epic does but he sure has his people doing much stuff for him. And i'm pretty sure he couldnt do all this without the help of his Wife Helen. Who does an amazing amount of work behind the screens aswell.

Eclipse is something of the past. I know some people blame Dimitri for that but thats not true. Dimitri was the face of Eclipse but not the boss. That was someone else who called all the shots. Dimitri was fed the same lies as everyone else until the point Dimitri realized what was going on and he left Eclipse.
Dimitri asked Momi back (who was replaced that year in eclipse) because Dimitri simply loves the kites Momi comes up with. He also asked me to come with him to epic and help create epic which i did. well basicly a known story by now. Creative wise Epic and Eclipse have much in common. But businesswise the companys couldnt be further apart. Epic is run by the Maramenides family and much more personal. And that is one of the reasons why you see Dimitri on this forum. Personal contact. And i believe that is one of the strengths of Epic kiteboarding. Its personal and allows you as a costumer to get in contact with Dimitri himself.

As for other company bigshots doing it all or not.
Well Pete Cabrinha is a graphic designer aswell Not sure if he still does that for the company but i wouldnt be suprised if he still does a few things.

Now. over here its the 2nd day of X-mas. falala la lala la laaaa.
Everyone Merry X-mas!

lisaped
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby lisaped » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Hey Geronimo, I respect what Dimitri is doing about his brand and his devotion and non sleeping all day round. Also I think your efforts are worthy too about design and I don't find it is ugly vs the majority of other brands. But you say Dimitri sews and resews. As far as I am concerned Momi has to be compleely involved but:
1. I heard Momy is designing some other brands too. Do you find it normal? Be a designer of some copmpetitive brands?
2. As far as I am concerned Dimitri lives in the US. How does the concept of necessity to sew and resew and prototyting and finding the best canopy shape meets the criteria of the chief designer being involved with some other brands located in Europe and all that comes to sewing machines located were? In the dog cabin from the video?
I remember an older video about Naish kites were their designer explained that they needed to send each prototype from Hawaii to the factory in China and that was repeated many times before they came to the serial version...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Thank you Mr.Geronimo79 for your long post. Don't you have some work to do!!!!
....But you say Dimitri sews and resews. As far as I am concerned Momi has to be compleely involved but:
1. I heard Momy is designing some other brands too. Do you find it normal? Be a designer of some copmpetitive brands?
2. As far as I am concerned Dimitri lives in the US. How does the concept of necessity to sew and resew and prototyting and finding the best canopy shape meets the criteria of the chief designer being involved with some other brands located in Europe and all that comes to sewing machines located were? In the dog cabin from the video?
I remember an older video about Naish kites were their designer explained that they needed to send each prototype from Hawaii to the factory in China and that was repeated many times before they came to the serial version...
Hello Mr.lisaped, once again thank you for your interest in EPIC kites. Will try to make this as short as possible so we can all go kiting.
Most of my products are made over seas from Poland, to Thailand to China. All the R&D and prototypes are tested in the USA & ISRAEL. Once they are tested, I send new prototypes world wide to few dealers and team riders so they can send me some feed back about the kites.
And "YES" Momi is a good friend of mine and he is also my designer. He also designs for another kite company who is also a very good friend of mine (as you can see we are all a very happy family), but you have to understand the idea, concept and quality are totally different from each other. We tell Momi what we want on a kite and he comes up with some designs. He even set me on fire few times (see videos above). Any way my ideas are totally different then the other kite company.
Also, I have to travel to these factories to check on the quality and inspect the work. It is a hard job, but if you want something done 110% you need to do it yourself. This is why we are doing so well.

Let me know if I can help you with something else?
Attachments
DSC_0040 5.jpg
DSC_0040 5.jpg (161 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Testing the quality.jpg
Testing the quality.jpg (141.48 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Checking on the work.jpg
Checking on the work.jpg (126.11 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
photo 7.jpg
photo 7.jpg (122.35 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Working on the CL.jpg
Working on the CL.jpg (123.26 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Board factory.jpg
Board factory.jpg (102.16 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
DSC_0024 4.jpg
DSC_0024 4.jpg (129.25 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:10 pm

lisaped wrote:1. I heard Momy is designing some other brands too. Do you find it normal? Be a designer of some copmpetitive brands?
From what I understand most designers just work for one brand - I am pretty sure the large brands like Slingshot or BEST would not want their designers working for another manufacture. Blade are a bigger brand than Epic so I would imagine they are Momi's main client, the Epic kite design is something he might do on the side - Epic kites do not change their design every year. From what I understand Epic used to also use the Blade Bar. It is possible Epic and Blade share some of the costs, such as factory costs, paying Momi's salary etc - there is obviously some financial advantage to their relationship. Id imagine it basically comes down to Epic being a small brand who dont threaten Blade's market share and help share some of the fixed costs.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Synergy ... Why not?
More effectiveness.

L.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:19 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 am

Oldnbroken wrote:Interesting opinion...Blade has two kite models (no color choices) and two twintip models.
The Epic kite line-up is bigger, that would indicate MoMi spending more time designing Epic kite models.
AFAIK Blade have 3 kites in their line-up. I honestly cannot comment on the situation but just because he has designed "more" kites does not mean he is spending more time on Epic, there might be alot more iterations on the Blade designs. For example Epic has not upgraded their designs for this year and the video posted seem to suggest that the difference on one model involved a bridal adjustment. I am fairly certain Blade are a bigger brand in terms of numbers than Epic, although not interms of forum posts :D
Oldnbroken wrote:If you have ever flown the kites from these two companies (I own/owned both) you would know that MoMi can design for both companies without a conflict between companies.
The two company heads ask MoMi for different things and it makes the kites different..
I wouldnt dispute that I was just commenting on the link between the two companies. (Epic using the Blade bar and Momi designing for Epic as well)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:48 am

Plus Momi is on all our EPIC testing videos showing you the bond we have between each other. (check above videos). Plus his mom loves cooking for me.
Any way, these photos bellow captures what EPIC is all about.
I thought this topic was about the "INFINITY BULL SHIT LIGHT WIND CLAIMS" kites!!!! What happened to it?
Attachments
Dimitri and Momi doing some testing.jpg
Working on EPIC kites .jpg
No comment.jpg
Momi testing the durability of the Epic kite.jpg
Dimitri testing.jpg
IMG_0190 2.jpg
Dimitri working in Israel.jpg
Doing R&D in Haifa Bay Israel.jpg
Momi and Dimitri working on R&D.jpg
Momi testing the grill.jpg
DSC_0004 10.jpg
Dimitri and Momi talking about the best settings.jpg
Dimitri testing in Haifa Israel.jpg
Dinner with Momi's family.jpg
Dimitri taking a break from MOMI.jpg
Momi and Jackie testing the R11.jpg

lisaped
Medium Poster

Postby lisaped » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Thank you Mr.Geronimo79 for your long post. Don't you have some work to do!!!!
....But you say Dimitri sews and resews. As far as I am concerned Momi has to be compleely involved but:
Hello Mr.lisaped, once again thank you for your interest in EPIC kites. Will try to make this as short as possible so we can all go kiting.
Most of my products are made over seas from Poland, to Thailand to China. All the R&D and prototypes are tested in the USA & ISRAEL. Once they are tested, I send new prototypes world wide to few dealers and team riders so they can send me some feed back about the kites.
And "YES" Momi is a good friend of mine and he is also my designer. He also designs for another kite company who is also a very good friend of mine (as you can see we are all a very happy family), but you have to understand the idea, concept and quality are totally different from each other. We tell Momi what we want on a kite and he comes up with some designs. He even set me on fire few times (see videos above). Any way my ideas are totally different then the other kite company.
Also, I have to travel to these factories to check on the quality and inspect the work. It is a hard job, but if you want something done 110% you need to do it yourself. This is why we are doing so well.

Let me know if I can help you with something else?

Mr. Dimitri, sorry, but I don't have the slightest interest in EPIC kites (unfortunately). I might have it because I have interest in ALL brands but not EPIC. PMU is a briliant writer. He is modern Jack London.. :rollgrin:
Momi listening to all your requests: Epic, Blade,.. etc, who else?, L.Winman? Nobile? the latest said - 'enough'. And for all of them Momi makes the very best, uncompareable :nono:
Your pictues from China are no surprise. You reserved production, you paid for it and the factory is rolling... :jump: It is like with any other of your kind. Tomorrow Epic is swept away and Blade or who else from the queue is sewn? :bye: There are still 1 or 2 very respectfull which don't accept doubtfull newcommers :thumb:

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Haven't read the last 1/2 of this Thread
but
i think it's Really Cool that --Dimitri-- can turn a subject title that is an obvious
BASH on his company ; into a 38 page with 20,058 views promotion for his
products.

Seriously -- a guy has Got to admire him for That !!!

I Never flown an Epic kite , but GO Dimitri !!!!!!!!!!
and i would like to see Anyone even Try to do the same.

Bille

Return to “Kitesurfing”