Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Let's stay on topic...best way to blow out a BS LW wind claim..is kites side by side like i did

P.S. also contains no emoticons

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Sure you can fly a foil around in a full circle. You could also watch paint dry. Just as fascinating, and the same level of stoke. You can fly the Infinity at 2.7 knots gusting a little higher, but it's about as fun as flying a foil in a circle. Why is this such a debate? :o
Let's stay on topic...best way to blow out a BS LW wind claim..is kites side by side like i did
Out with the video you were hyping! Let's see it. There is plenty of evidence that people have posted to support Dimitri's claim, but only hot air coming from you. We all know you have a hard-on for busting D's chops, and that means we can trust your opinion about as well as we can trust the opinion of a ultra-conservative religious fanatic at a gay pride march. You just point at Dimitri and say "I think exactly the opposite of whatever he says". :lol:

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Flight Time wrote:Sure you can fly a foil around in a full circle. You could also watch paint dry. Just as fascinating, and the same level of stoke. You can fly the Infinity at 2.7 knots gusting a little higher, but it's about as fun as flying a foil in a circle. Why is this such a debate? :o
Because Dimitri is respected kiter and a kite company owner/marketing man and he made a general statement which is wrong. There are power kites which can fly at 2 knots. Circle videos are just an easy way to prove it without everlasting "wind gradient" talks that up there is much more wind.

Flight Time, you are not probably interested in 1m/s wind kiting. But I do it sometimes and it means moving with skis over 30km/h over ice. Or if you are 3km away from rigging place and wind dies because of inversion what do you do? I fly an entertaining circle and kite home, you pack the gear and WALK 3km home. That is the difference of real light wind kite and wanna-be-light wind kite.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Thank you Mr.joriws but I did mention on my preview post that the only kite that I have seen flying in door (which means NO WIND was a very small stunt kite, that one of my friend was working on it. (see bellow statement)
"......From my experience, NO kite can fly in only 2 knots of wind except some of the indoor stunt kites I have seen fly in no wind. For the INFINITY v3 to fly, it has to be at least between 2 to 4 knots. Also in one of the videos from CoCoa beach FL you can see trying to fly the INFINITY V3 in less then 2 knots and the kite stayed up in the air only for few seconds and then fell out of the sky....."

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone

Postby Hunqi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Pump me up wrote:To claim the Epic Infinity can perform in "2-4 knots" (even if it is with a SUP) is ridiculous and a blatant lie and leaves the company wide open to claims from disgruntled users.

It is simply not possible for the Epic Infinity (V1, 2, or 3) or Flysurfer kites to surpass significantly the performance of every other light wind kite in existence.
There is NOT enough energy for ANY kite to perform in "2-4 knots of wind".

Epic Lies & Exaggerations
The V3 performing at 5k? Complete bullshit.

Light Wind Showdown
While the Epic Infinity V3 was INFERIOR vs the Core 19m,

Stop the Bullshit: Buy their kites
A "class action" against these companies, perhaps using this forum as a meeting point,
will force these companies to be more truthful with their advertising.

Ignore the lies. Ignore the propaganda. No kite can perform under 7-8 knots, let alone 2-4 knots.

Pumpy
I agree completely what you're saying :clap:

It's all bull hyped up and only the bragging right remains nothing else.
Nobody could prove and bring evidence from all the above claims with SUP you could ride in 2 - 4 knots.
But here is an awsome link about the new Generation of Cores:

wytcap
Medium Poster

Postby wytcap » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Sure is fun to read all this BS!
But really it comes down to lift vs drag if I am not mistaken?

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Thank you ALL for your patience about the movie that 321Kiteboarding have been working on

We kited on Dec 11th...Dimitri put out his video Dec 14th...and 321 put out a movie trailer Dec 16th

The person preparing the final movie has been real busy with his kids off from school for past 2 wks

He also has been running the kite store mostly by himself and giving lots of water lessons

Additionally he is preparing this week for Surf Expo Orlando Jan 10-12 ...and promises anytime now

He is not taking his time and "doctoring it" .....he just could not find the time to finish it already

......................no emoticons .............................................................................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:03 am

Dear Mr.Hunqi,
Send me your address and will send you the INFINITY V3 for you to test but please test it on the beach in 2 to 4 knots and if you can use an SUP go and use an SUP like I did. Then if the wind picks up to 7 to 11 knots use a Twin Tip.
Why do you think I am willing to let people demo the kites!!!!! I know their performance and I know what happens after you demo the kite. These are not false clams. If they were, I would not let any one demo the kites and see for themselves. It is as simple as this. And Mr.wytcap welcome back.

P.S. Nice video of the CORE kites. :thumb:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 am

joriws wrote:Flight Time, you are not probably interested in 1m/s wind kiting. But I do it sometimes and it means moving with skis over 30km/h over ice. Or if you are 3km away from rigging place and wind dies because of inversion what do you do? I fly an entertaining circle and kite home, you pack the gear and WALK 3km home. That is the difference of real light wind kite and wanna-be-light wind kite.
No, no, no, you have it wrong! If I'm 3km away from my rigging place and the wind dies because of inversion, I SWIM 3km home! :lol: Or at least self-rescue 3km home...

But this happens all the time, and that's why we have different kites for different conditions. The question for me is, if I'm out on my 14 meter, and the wind dies, is it worth rigging another kite to squeeze blood from a turnip, or it it time to pack it in and go do something else, because I wouldn't enjoy shlogging back and forth fighting just to stay upwind? For me, it's the latter. If I can't jump, or if I have to fight for two reaches to gain back the ground I lost from one tiny hop, I'm done. I'd rather stand around with the other kiters standing on the beach, and bitch about the lousy wind. :lol:

If there was a kite that would let me ride from 2-4 knots, and boost 20 feet while doing it, then hell yeah I'd rig another kite. I have had the V3 in hand in 5 knots, and there is no way I'd get going on a twin, but it is stable in the air at those speeds. I have seen D ride on a SUP board in 5 knots. The kite won't stay in the air for extended periods with only 2 knots, but it will stay in the air through a short 2 knot lull, and averaging 4 knots it will be fine.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:06 am

Hunqi wrote: But here is an awsome link about the new Generation of Cores:
The lines appear to be < 20m.... that should help with the kite looping I would think.

Return to “Kitesurfing”