Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:45 pm

More slagging off other people in the kite industry :roll: First Blade's light wind kite is no where near as good as your infintiy (which comes from the same designer), next a respected designer hasnt produced a good lightwind kite. Even if your kites were as good as you claim - which they are obviously not - I would not buy them simply because I would not want to be associated with your arrogant behaviour.
I am so sorry you see it that way Mr.UKSurf. Bill and I go a long way and you don't know half of it, so maybe you should do a lot of homework on that. Now concerning BLADE kites, they are great kites and maybe you should get a chance to try these kites also if you haven't.
On the other hand I see that my UK dealer got in touch with you few times in order for you to demo the INFINITY kite so you can see what this kite is all about but again always an excuse not to try the kite. Its like you are afraid to fall in love with the kite.
It's like when you see a beautiful woman that you know you can't have and you will give yourself all these excuses just to make yourself feel better. But that's of course I'm assuming you are Male.
:D

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Dimitri M wrote: On the other hand I see that my UK dealer got in touch with you few times in order for you to demo the INFINITY kite so you can see what this kite is all about but again always an excuse not to try the kite. Its like you are afraid to fall in love with the kite.
I dont like walking back upwind so I think I will pass on that :wink: The reality is there are alot better light wind kites on the market than the Infinity and no amount of BS is going to change that. I have seen enough to know my money is better spent else where. Any brand that is so small they have to use the bar from another brand does not interest me. I will stick to the professional brands who spend their time developing their products rather than talking bullshit and making a fool out of themselves on forums.
Last edited by UKSurf on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:07 am

UKSurf wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: On the other hand I see that my UK dealer got in touch with you few times in order for you to demo the INFINITY kite so you can see what this kite is all about but again always an excuse not to try the kite. Its like you are afraid to fall in love with the kite.
I dont like walking back upwind so I think I will pass on that :wink: The reality is there are alot better light wind kites on the market than the Infinity and no amount of BS is going to change that. Also I am extermely worried about the failures in your safety system mentioned earlier in this thread. I will stick to the professional brands who spend their time developing their products rather than talking bullshit and making a fool out of themselves on forums.
Well said, UKSurf :thumb: I don't know anything about the safety system, but certainly the rest of it is spot-on. The simple fact is: A ~16m kite (Epic Infinity), even with a deep luff curve, will NEVER have the light wind performance of bigger (e.g. 18-19-21m) kites. It's axiomatic - even kids recognise it.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:15 am

Poster: UKSurf
I dont like walking back upwind so I think I will pass on that :wink: The reality is there are alot better light wind kites on the market than the Infinity and not amount of BS is going to change that.
Like I said few times before, you need to know how to kite in light wind. In (7 to 10 knots) you need to know how to move the kite and how to edge on the board and use both of these elements. Plus of course you need to have the correct board depending what your riding style is. It's all about technic and preferences. Maybe my 10 year old son can teach you how to do that. A lot of people that tried the INFINITY did not have that problem. Again light wind kiting it's not for every body.
And yes they are a lot of good light wind kites in the market, but once again its all about what type of riding you are looking for.

By the way since it's cold up in the UK and you can't kite why don't you check this video. It was blowing 5 to 7 knots max. Actually you tell me how much it was blowing. I was able to kite on the INFINITY V2 with 22 meter lines and the OXYGEN 135x47cm Twin Tip board. It was not fun at all because I could not do nothing except riding back and forth.
Any way it's your choice if you want to kite in light wind or not.

P.S. (Check the kite next to the Palm Trees. It will give you an idea of how much wind there was that day)

Last edited by Dimitri M on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:18 am

Dimitri M wrote: Maybe my 10 year old son can teach you how to do that. A lot of people that tried the INFINITY did not have that problem.
Maybe he can teach you how to do it at the same time because anyone who watched the SuperEz video can see you could not stay upwind on your own kite and your own light wind board.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 am

UKSurf wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: Maybe my 10 year old son can teach you how to do that. A lot of people that tried the INFINITY did not have that problem.
Maybe he can teach you how to do it at the same time because anyone who watched the SuperEz video can see you could not stay upwind on your own kite and your own light wind board.
Well said. :boxing:

Shhhhhmackdown!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:25 am

Poster: UKSurf
Oh trust me UKSurf he did and I learned a lot since then.

By the way Pump me up, why do you still call the INFINITY V2 a 16 meter kite!!!! You are once again wrong about it's size. Maybe next year I will let you know what size the V2 was.
:thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:02 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dan Glyaire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:10 am

anyone else think theyre listening to Bert from Sesame Street?
wheres Ernie?

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:24 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”