Forum for kitesurfers
ktm670
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to replace leader control line on a 2012 Cabrinha bar

Postby ktm670 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:19 pm

This morning I was riding in snow and my snowboard goes over my bar leader line and cut it.
The line is the control line (on side of the bar). It is cut 1 inche after the 6 inches plastic sheath.

I tried to remove the line by the little hole under the bar with long nose pliers but I still not able to get it out.

My kite is a Cabrinha Switchblade 2012 10M.

Any one have good advise for me?

ktm670
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to replace leader control line on a 2012 Cabrinha ba

Postby ktm670 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Finaly!

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Re: How to replace leader control line on a 2012 Cabrinha ba

Postby tomatkins » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:53 am

Be careful or you will loose the elastic. It is looped around the leader line, inside of the bar end. Attach an old piece of kite line to the end of the broken leader, and then pull the broken line through the bar end. Leave the kite line in place, and use it as a "pull" line to pull through the new leader line.

If the elastic has already come out of its hole, then be creative in repositioning it, before drawing the new leader line through the holes in the bar end. Use a piece of wire with a piece of old kiteline taped to the end of the wire to work with.

Return to “Kitesurfing”