Beachbum44
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2013 RPM pics released

Postby Beachbum44 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 pm

http://forum.kitepunks.ru/forum/viewtop ... 1739#p1739

Why does Slingshot opt to release their RPMs after xmas?

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Re: 2013 RPM pics released

Postby pj sofine » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Maybe because the week after Christmas is new years."2013 starts Jan 1.

Biggest Air
Rare Poster
Style: Old School Rules !!!
Gear: 9m and 12m 09 Naish Helix
10m 11 Slingshot Rally
135 Shinn Player Limited Edition
Various other 'Museum' pieces !!!
Brand Affiliation: None: The one I'm using at the time!

Postby Biggest Air » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:13 am

01 January is 2013, of course, but there are two considerations they seem to have missed:
1. Christmas (all over the world) - I would like the opportunity to buy a 'New' kite before my new year holiday, rather than one that will be 'Superseded' in a couple of weeks, and
2. The Southern Hemisphere (okay, only half the planet) - We are currently slap bang in the middle of our season already.
If people have pictures of them, are they demos only? Or are they available in 'Some' parts of the world.
Personally, I'm keen to try a 'New' RPM as it's new kite time for me...

richieski
Medium Poster
Local Beach: where ever i am
Gear: Ozone

Postby richieski » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:04 pm

NOT happy,
I have hols booked to Oz and I was going to purchase a quiver of RPM's for the start of the season but guess what? I went for C4's all because the RPM's were not available.
Can anyone from slingy please explain why the release date is in the New Year as many places around the world, the season starts Nov/Dec.
Do you not think you may benefit if you could bring the launch date forward a couple of months? think of all the kites that could be sold for crimbo pressies and all that Christmas gift money going to sales.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 pm

richieski wrote:NOT happy,
I have hols booked to Oz and I was going to purchase a quiver of RPM's for the start of the season but guess what? I went for C4's all because the RPM's were not available.
Can anyone from slingy please explain why the release date is in the New Year as many places around the world, the season starts Nov/Dec.
Do you not think you may benefit if you could bring the launch date forward a couple of months? think of all the kites that could be sold for crimbo pressies and all that Christmas gift money going to sales.
Maybe if you contacted SS and let them know you were going on holiday they could have totally changed their marketing plans for the whole world? How inconsiderate of them!

What do you all mean by "seasons"??? Here in the UK its open season all year round :thumb:

richieski
Medium Poster
Local Beach: where ever i am
Gear: Ozone

Postby richieski » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:45 pm

I was thinking of contacting SS and letting them know of my plans but I just plain forgot. I will bear that in mind for next time.
Your right about "seasons" i meant to say kiting in board shorts weather. :wink:

On a serious note though, is there a marketing strategy or something i do not know about in relation to the release date or is it simply down to r+d, build etc. What i mean is there stock sitting in the warehouse ready for shipping?

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:46 pm

richieski wrote:I was thinking of contacting SS and letting them know of my plans but I just plain forgot. I will bear that in mind for next time.
Your right about "seasons" i meant to say kiting in board shorts weather. :wink:

On a serious note though, is there a marketing strategy or something i do not know about in relation to the release date or is it simply down to r+d, build etc. What i mean is there stock sitting in the warehouse ready for shipping?
I think I remember shymac saying something about that last season, it just depends on when they get the kites finished. Last year I think it took them forever to get the new fuel out? But all the other kites were finished and available for months.

There's lots of developer posts about how long it takes to make a change on the kite, have to have the engineers make the designs, send it to the factory, wait for them to make it, wait for them to ship it, wait for delivery, wait for the wind to test it, repeat...

I can see why it takes a long time for certain kites, if they want to make adjustments it's not a simple procedure. I think Slingshot has some operations in the US which helps tho

Biggest Air
Rare Poster
Style: Old School Rules !!!
Gear: 9m and 12m 09 Naish Helix
10m 11 Slingshot Rally
135 Shinn Player Limited Edition
Various other 'Museum' pieces !!!
Brand Affiliation: None: The one I'm using at the time!

Postby Biggest Air » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 pm

richieski wrote:... I meant to say kiting in board shorts weather. :wink:
Priceless !!!
I see it more as Short Sleeve Rashie vs Long Sleeve Rashie !!! But then I do live in a sub-tropical location...
What with the 'End of the World' this year and all, they could have missed out completely !!!

lisaped
Medium Poster

Postby lisaped » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:47 pm

richieski wrote:I was thinking of contacting SS and letting them know of my plans but I just plain forgot. I will bear that in mind for next time.

Why to be so outdated? http://www.kite24.pl/product_info.php?c ... cts_id=695 Polish key retailer of the Polish SS importer is selling RPM 2013 for half a months yet (or taking orders). The actual selling prices are much lower of the declared. You just need to call and talk to smart Polish guys : :idea: You might be lucky to buy a 12m for USD 1.2k for ex.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:24 am

They release them in January because they are interested in selling other models first? Go figure, how dare them release a 2013 kite in 2013, get a grip sure your riding wont feel the difference in the 2012 to the 2013 model. For this reason kite companies must be laughing, a kite released in 2012 and bought in 2012 is a 2012 in my opinion. It was designed, tested and released in 2012 or maybe even started in 2011, so does that make it a 2011-2012 kite? Oh nooooooo.

Return to “Kitesurfing”