All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ozone 2013 Catalyst Question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 am 
Rare Poster

So I bought a new 2013 Catalyst to give it a go. Never owned Ozone kites before but have been pretty impressed with build quality and performance when I've seen them before. I specifically wanted something in-between the Reo and C4. Been kiting for several years so have plenty of pumps, bars and lines, therefore I just bought the kite.

I take it straight out of the bag today to go kiting and I see the larger in-valve which seems like a nice feature except there was no adapter provided that I could attach to the hose on my pump. Instead, the pouch in the kite bag had two traditional sized nozzles.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't Ozone provide a hose nozzle what will interface with their in-valve. What would I use the two nozzles that came in the kite bag for? I looked for an alternative valve where I could use the smaller nozzle but didn't see anything.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Ozone 2013 Catalyst Question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:37 am 
Frequent Poster

The larger valve comes with on the pumps.
I've always bought kite complete, with the pump.
I've never seen them come in the bag.
I'd say contact the retailer or even Ozone USA.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:06 am 
Rare Poster

I just sent an email to Ozone USA. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
If it is like the Ozone Edge, use the large nozzle that comes with any common kite pump. It fits nicely in the inflate hole.

:wink: CG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 pm 
Frequent Poster

Bill C wrote:
Thanks

All its gonna cost you is a honest review of the new Catalyst.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Bill, every kiter in your are that kites has one of these on their pumps that they don't even use so just talk to the guy next to you about this. sure he will be way happy to give it to you since its useless to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:49 am 
Rare Poster

stefaans wrote:
Bill, every kiter in your are that kites has one of these on their pumps that they don't even use so just talk to the guy next to you about this. sure he will be way happy to give it to you since its useless to him.

I am going to check my miscellaneous bag in the corner of the garage and see if I can find one. Funny, I carry an extra pump in my car for back-up but it also has the smaller nozzle.

This time of the year it gets pretty lonely on the north coast of oregon so it was just me and the birds. Ozone probably includes the smaller nozzles in the kite bag thinking customers automatically buy their pumps with the larger nozzle attached and the smaller nozzles are provided if they need to pump up something else. A 50 cent piece of plastic can sure be a source of frustration.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Every pump from every brand I have ever used comes with the larger diameter nozel that fins the Ozone. It might look like it won't work, but just stick it in there (that's what she said). The only time I have ever seen a pump not have that nozzle is the Wal-Mart mattress inflation pumps. Or, the people who cut off the other nozzles because the get in the way on the smaller, more common valve sizes.

- Droffats

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 am 
Medium Poster

i heard they changed bridal size on some of the new catalyst after they were shipped they sent out shorter bridals then what they originally had. Anybody hear this? Also would love some reviews!

[ 9 posts ]