All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Gopro studio and quicktime issues?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm 
Frequent Poster

Does anyone know an alternative to quicktime to use with gopro studio? The problem I have is it won't allow me to import mp3's because I don't have quicktime but I cannot download it as it is not compatible with windows 8.1. The reason I got a new laptop cos nothing worked on my old one and now the same f***ing thing, winds me up this nerdy shit! Any help appreciated.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Gopro studio and quicktime issues?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I know quicktime is supported under windows 8.1 and there are some tech bulletins apple put out that solve some problems you might have using quicktime & window 8.1. Not sure your exact problem. I never use gopro studio, I just copy the videos into whatever software I feel like using at the time. You should post this question over at the gopro studio forum not here, we aren't video wizards just kiters.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:47 pm 
Frequent Poster

edt wrote:
I know quicktime is supported under windows 8.1 and there are some tech bulletins apple put out that solve some problems you might have using quicktime & window 8.1. Not sure your exact problem. I never use gopro studio, I just copy the videos into whatever software I feel like using at the time. You should post this question over at the gopro studio forum not here, we aren't video wizards just kiters.

Apparently not, says it's not compatible with windows 8 and I tried to download it anyway and my laptop won't run the download. I just wanna import mp3s into gopro studio so I either need a way to get quicktime to work or find an alternative I guess. Yes I posted on gopro forum n waiting a reply, just thought i'd try my luck here seeing as kiting seems to be a nerd haven these days.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:59 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

it's definitely compatible.

you might be using the wrong link

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:05 am 
Frequent Poster

I have iTunes, I need quicktime.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:37 am 
Very Frequent Poster

says version 7.75 is compatible.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:05 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Here is the download link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL837

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:40 pm 
Frequent Poster

Cheers for the link, managed to download it but it wouldn't do a 'typical' install only 'custom' and has made absolutely fuck all difference to importing mp3's to gopro studio. All I wanna do is put a bit of music to some vids, theres me thinking this should be a breeze with my new laptop and new camera but no, you have to be Stephen hawking to use the c***. And while im at it, whatever wanker came up with windows 8 should be shot in the face... lost count of the amount of times the laptops nearly been launched out the window because of all this slidy/dragging shit!!!!! ... I need to go kiting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

You wouldn't like Macs then...

Why do you need QT for importing .mp3s? Something screwy there... off to google GoPro studio...

Used to use QT Lite (http://filehippo.com/download_quicktime_alternative) until I started using Shark007 codec packs: http://shark007.net

Quicktime... *shudder*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

to be honest I am not impressed with gopro studio. I tried to load it on my windows 7 machine and it felt buggy and slow.

there are all kinds of other video editing software out there, the mac has imovie built in and windows has movie maker you can download for free both of which feel less clunky than gopro studio.

If you are serious about making videos then you want to need to pay for something like cyberlink powerdirector or corel videostudio.

If all you want to do is throw an mp3 on an existing video clip you can get away with avidemux this software is powerful and free video editor whose primary use is conversion from different formats, I use that but it's not very intuitive to use, to add audio you would have to load up the video in avidemux, select audio at the top select track and choose your video but you might have to click video output and change to a different mpeg 4 and then do a save.

I started editing on gorpro studio because I was curious about your problems with it but it kept wanting me to add quicktime (even though I have quicktime codecs loaded) and the program lost control of the video window pretty messy. so I gave up.

Good luck! Certainly is a pain and really no good reason for gopro studio to require quicktime, all the other video editors don't need it.

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next