Naish Draft 2013

Forum for kitesurfers
lander
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Draft 2013

Postby lander » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 pm

What a petty they did not Ika registre this kite, as I would have loved to race it. But on the other hand with the new rules, you are only allowed to registre 1 kite between 11 - 15. And then you could only choose 12 or 14 - not both. And that would be a hard choise. So the size 13 is definitely missing. Double shame :cry:
But it will still be a great freeride kite - but in this segment you will already find: Park, Ride, Fly and Torch according to their own definations...Glad I am not a freerider. It is impossible to find the kite for this purpose, as all kites and all brands have this word in their describtion. :evil: And maybe the freerider is the first to get confused :o
But when that is said. I do think this kite really lives up to the defenition: highperformance freeriding
Last edited by lander on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm

lander wrote:What a petty they did not Ika registre this kite, as I would have loved to race it. But on the other hand with the new rules, you are only allowed to registre 1 kite between 11 - 15. And then you could only choose 12 or 14 - not both. And that would be a hard choise. So the size 13 is definitely missing. Double shame :cry:
But it will still be a great freeride kite - but in this segment you will already find: Park, Ride, Fly and Torch according to their own definations...Glad I am not a freerider. It is impossible to find the kite for this purpose, as all kites and all brands have this word in their describtion. :evil: And maybe the freerider is the first to get confused :o
Hmm, I am guessing this is what will take over from the Bolt. In many ways I think the Bolt and park ended up being a little too cloce., but this kite seems a lot higher AR, and though it is unclear from the pics, how the bridle is I am hoping it is a relatively simple one.

ohh wait the video is up now...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Yup the bridle looks super simple. No pulley. Looks like it is direct connection at the back.

I am guessing this one has a little less pull when looping, just from the profile so great for learning looping and Toby's airstyle.

Draft: Kite made for airstyle :-)

...and for the ones of us with a raceboard...haha

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 pm

lander wrote:What a petty they did not Ika registre this kite, as I would have loved to race it. But on the other hand with the new rules, you are only allowed to registre 1 kite between 11 - 15. And then you could only choose 12 or 14 - not both. And that would be a hard choise. So the size 13 is definitely missing. Double shame :cry:
But when that is said. I do think this kite really lives up to the defenition: highperformance freeriding
Why would you only be allowed one kite between 11-15? What a perfectly random rule??

..and yeah it looks like a kite that would be so much fun to take out with a TT in nuking winds..in addition to racing.

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:27 pm

tautologies wrote:
Why would you only be allowed one kite between 11-15? What a perfectly random rule??

From Ika:
Course Racing:4 kites instead of 3 to be used per competition in the future with no upper wind limit (within reasonable strenght)The kites are to registered per event (NOT per season), but with one kite in each size category (15m and bigger, between 11m and 15m, 11m and smaller, 9m and smaller). The sizes 11m and 15m are overlapping, which means a 15m kite can either be a large kite or a medium kite, and a 11m kite can be either a medium or small size kite.

I think this is to make it fair for competitors who dont have a quiver of 8 kites to still be competitive. And aldo to prevent gambling with the weather forecast

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 pm

lander wrote: From Ika:
Course Racing:4 kites instead of 3 to be used per competition in the future with no upper wind limit (within reasonable strenght)The kites are to registered per event (NOT per season), but with one kite in each size category (15m and bigger, between 11m and 15m, 11m and smaller, 9m and smaller). The sizes 11m and 15m are overlapping, which means a 15m kite can either be a large kite or a medium kite, and a 11m kite can be either a medium or small size kite.

I think this is to make it fair for competitors who dont have a quiver of 8 kites to still be competitive. And aldo to prevent gambling with the weather forecast
When I thought of it I kind of got the idea, but wouldn't that make the 14 kind of ideal? For me a quiver of 17 - 14 - 11 - 9 would cover just about every possible wind scenario unless it is well over 40 mph.

Is the number of kites really what would hinder someone racing though? For conditions here, I have been using the 13 charger more than anything in light wind. I am a really curious to how the 14 will line up. Obviously for our local competitions, no one really care what anyone is riding could be on a windsurfboard if they wanted...the...race is for a 6 pack of beer and bragging right (some people use that a lot). :D

Makes it fun :-)

windsurfer-resurrection

Postby windsurfer-resurrection » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:13 am

:nono: http://naishkites.com/draft/

Now the whole web page is protected by a password :angryfire:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:56 am

windsurfer-resurrection wrote::nono: http://naishkites.com/draft/

Now the whole web page is protected by a password :angryfire:
huh? Maybe the webguy published something too early?

Did you get to see the video? Pretty sick hangtime :o :o :o

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:41 am

tautologies wrote: For me a quiver of 17 - 14 - 11 - 9 would cover just about every possible wind scenario unless it is well over 40 mph.
Yes, that could be fine too - but no size 11 in the draft series neither...for the ika it looks like a range with unequal numbers in the line is to prefere: 7-9-11-13-15-17-19 could makes the best and most combos.

Regarding the video - yes I got too see it, and the kite and hangtime looks sweeeet :D

windsurfer-resurrection

Postby windsurfer-resurrection » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:03 pm

http://naishkites.shptron.com/k/customer-service

Only a 90 day warranty, that is pretty short, other brands have 6 month or a year warranty.

You may only use a kite a few times on a kite vacation. And the new gear comes out in the off season in my area, so it does not get used as frequently in the first few months.

That 7 day registration requirment is not legal in California for a warranty to be in effect.

Naish has some nice kites from time to time but some really crappy kites too, the Naish Alliance comes to mind...total crap and they discontiued it after one season.

Return to “Kitesurfing”