Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

New KSP Tour Manager Hits Maui

Postby Toby » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:44 pm

KSP News:

New KSP Tour Manager Hits Maui

header_terryonmaui.jpg
KSP World Tour manager Terry McKenna recently travelled to Maui to discuss the upcoming season with KSP President Kristin Boese and several key riders including former and current world champions Airton Cozzolino (ITA/North, 2011 World Champion) and Keahi de Aboitiz (AUS/Cabrinha, 2012 World Champion).

Terry discussed venues and technical aspects of the upcoming season and looked at ways to push this exciting genre of wave riding to the next level.

“I think that this could be one of the fastest movers in the actions sports market” said McKenna.

“The technical aspect of kite control combined with the pure grace of surfing puts this sport in a powerful position,” he added.

McKenna will be using his vast collection of global contacts to source new venues for the KSP as the tour enters its third competition season.

“Seeing guys like Airton & Patri riding in Maui really gave me a great first hand look at the cutting edge of the sport, and I was so impressed.” said McKenna.

The 2013 KSP Calendar will be launched on Feb 1st and behind the scenes the team is busy looking at new venues and formats for the upcoming season.

A recent poll on facebook asked fans which venues they would like to see the tour head to and Portugal’s Guincho Beach came out on top, closely followed by Ponta Preta on Cape Verde and One Eye on Mauritius - a clear indication that both “down the line” power surfing as well as the progressive aerial side of the sport is important to the fraternity.

Return to “Kitesurfing”