forum for kitesurfers
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:05 pm
- Kiting since: 2010
- Local Beach: Rewa (Poland)
Me and my friends are going skiing to South Alpes, France, Saint-Sorlin d'Arves in one week. I know there's a lot of lakes in Switzerland (Neuchatel, Genova), France (Bouget, d'Annency, de Serre Poncon) or Germany (Bodensee). I used to kite in Garda lake on thermal winds during skiing in Italy and want to do the same in French/Swiss part of Alpes and that's why we're starting our trip few days earlier to visit this beautifull places. And here comes my question:
Can anybody help me with winds on this lakes? (thermal, normal? how to read forecast for this places) Spots? (where to pump a kite?) Any dangers? Anything helpful?
I'd be very greatefull.
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 449
- Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:43 pm
- Kiting since: 2006
- Local Beach: Grado Pineta (IT), Fossalon (IT)
- Style: Freeride, strapless hooked-in
- Gear: FS S3 19m2 DLX, S3 CE 12m2 DLX & S4 8m2 DLX
Homemade Surf & Snow Boards
- Location: Iv.G.-Slovenia
Are you kiding? In the middle of the snowkiting country and season you would go water kiting? Are you serious?
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 329
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 pm
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: rome
- Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
- Style: wave
- Gear: neo 4 5 religion 9 religion 6
north proseries 2014 5.8 5.11
- Brand Affiliation: None
now is winter time!!!!!!! 5 to 8 degrees!!!!!!
every time wife and daughter force me to go up there skiing, I think of bringing kites but is too cold ,water and outside water and I give up.
but it is very useful!!!!!!!!
they do not dare open mouth for the rest of the year when I go kiting!!!!!!!
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:10 pm
- Kiting since: 2003
- Local Beach: Tarifa
- Brand Affiliation: Owner of Kite School in Tarifa
- Location: Tarifa
Done a review of The Lac de Serre Poncon here...still a bit early for it to be working now though:
http://www.inmotionkitesurfing.com/2012 ... rre-poncon
Return to “Kitesurfing”