*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm
Posts: 1250
Naish, the movie was great without having to lie about the hangtime.

14 seconds with the clock going the correct speed and the video going at half speed.

Please.

looks like a great kite but stop the bullshit.

http://vimeo.com/57705351#at=0


Last edited by Tone on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish drift vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:18 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8396
Location: Oahu
Tone wrote:
Naish, the movie was great without having to lie about the hangtime.

14 seconds with the clock going the correct speed and the video going at half speed.

Please.

looks like a great kite but stop the bullshit.

What video?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish drift vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm
Posts: 1250
tautologies wrote:
Tone wrote:
Naish, the movie was great without having to lie about the hangtime.

14 seconds with the clock going the correct speed and the video going at half speed.

Please.

looks like a great kite but stop the bullshit.

What video?


http://vimeo.com/57705351#at=0


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:29 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8396
Location: Oahu
http://vimeo.com/57705351

This one? But it is also high speed..I'm guessing the editor of the vid.felt it would be boring to watch a full 14 secs?

I dunno but if that is one of the richman brothers I have no problem believing 14 secs...what you don't know is that it was done in 2-4 knots of wind...now that is impressive...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm
Posts: 1250
tautologies wrote:
http://vimeo.com/57705351

This one? But it is also high speed..I'm guessing the editor of the vid.felt it would be boring to watch a full 14 secs?

I dunno but if that is one of the richman brothers I have no problem believing 14 secs...what you don't know is that it was done in 2-4 knots of wind...now that is impressive...


lol touché.

Though if it was done in 2-4 knots he should have been strapped onto a SUP!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 2707
Location: Retailer/distributor
tautologies wrote:
http://vimeo.com/57705351

This one? But it is also high speed..I'm guessing the editor of the vid.felt it would be boring to watch a full 14 secs?

I dunno but if that is one of the richman brothers I have no problem believing 14 secs...what you don't know is that it was done in 2-4 knots of wind...now that is impressive...


Looks a lot like an Edge but thats nothing new!
If they were serious about credibility and not just hype then why would they not show the jump in real time?
You are joking about the 2-4 knots, surely?


Last edited by kitepower on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8396
Location: Oahu
Tone wrote:

lol touché.

Though if it was done in 2-4 knots he should have been strapped onto a SUP!

Nah brah..only strapless on sups :)

I would actually like to see the unedited version too....I dunno there is something magic about kiting..those hangtime..elevator jumps..but still controllable....

Race kite AND looks like it could do free riding too..magic package :)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2335
Tone wrote:
tautologies wrote:
http://vimeo.com/57705351

This one? But it is also high speed..I'm guessing the editor of the vid.felt it would be boring to watch a full 14 secs?

I dunno but if that is one of the richman brothers I have no problem believing 14 secs...what you don't know is that it was done in 2-4 knots of wind...now that is impressive...


lol touché.

Though if it was done in 2-4 knots he should have been strapped onto a SUP!


I automatically also think the same thing when i read a thread with the word BS in it :lol:
Pavlov's dog classical conditioning phenomenon...........approved :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm
Posts: 2789
It is possible if he got an updraft or something.
I think Shawn Richmond did 22 seconds once by looping a Cab kite.

38 seconds into this shows a normal big jump time.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 45
ronnie wrote:
It is possible if he got an updraft or something.
I think Shawn Richmond did 22 seconds once by looping a Cab kite.




Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Laughingman, mboncalo, SENDIT!, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group